Why classical?

tblessing

Jan 4, 2013
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is actually an easier way of creating an impression of multiple pianos playing at a time... For example... Playing 6 or more notes in a second will create a feeling. Here is the technique...Using the thumb and the pinky finger as if to play a regular octave, set the metrone... Say 70 bpm on the first count hit the thumb on the lower note and midway to the second count hit the pinky...on and on for a minute you've just played 2.3 notes in a second.... Go on untill you can do it well at this tempo...you can then increase tempo... You can do it simultaneously with the left hand with pinky coming first, followed by the thumb... To expand on this you can experiment playing chords... Though i'm not a full time classical pianist i think this should help in expanding hand movement, finger coordination and dexterity...I will appreciate comments

Upvote 0

tblessing

Jan 4, 2013
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There is actually an easier way of creating an impression of multiple pianos playing at a time... For example... Playing 6 or more notes in a second will create a feeling. Here is the technique...Using the thumb and the pinky finger as if to play a regular octave, set the metrone... Say 70 bpm on the first count hit the thumb on the lower note and midway to the second count hit the pinky...on and on for a minute you've just played 2.3 notes in a second.... Go on untill you can do it well at this tempo...you can then increase tempo... You can do it simultaneously with the left hand with pinky coming first, followed by the thumb... To expand on this you can experiment playing chords... Though i'm not a full time classical pianist i think this should help in expanding hand movement, finger coordination and dexterity...I will appreciate comments

Upvote 0

Envy2

Ex-Christian
Feb 18, 2007
Southern US ='(
✟18,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
"Classical" isn't an instrument. :confused:

I could never play my instrument for "HIS praise". I play my instrument (bassoon) because I love it. Getting better at it and performing to others gives me a lot of reason to live.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

markb77

Nov 20, 2011
✟16,859.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm having a hard time making sense of this thread.
I agree. I looked at the OP's other posts on the forum, and there seems to be a lot a repitition (asking the same question in different places on the boards, I guess?). Not sure if it's a troll situation just wanting to provoke something or maybe just not sure how to post things on a public forum.

Upvote 0

VikingGirlTBird

VikingGirlTBird!
Oct 13, 2012
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA.
✟8,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Why Do you play that instrument? Is it for your personal gain or for HIS praise...some for money, others for recognition, fame, prestige, class amidst pals and peers, worldly pleasure, social status... Finally brethren, whatsoever things are true, ...think on these things

I play and I love playing the piano and the keyboard. I do it for personal gain (Worldly pleasure.) but, I also really want to play my musical instruments for God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit sometime very soon in the future. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums