May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Nope, they don't say there's anything wrong with being gay. Try again?
Really, I have to post if for you?.....
1 Cor 6:9 9 You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don’t you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,
1 Tim 1:8-11 8 Of course, we know that the Law is good if a person uses it legitimately,

9 that is, if he understands that the Law is not intended for righteous people but for lawbreakers and rebels, for ungodly people and sinners, for those who are unholy and irreverent, for those who kill their fathers, their mothers, or other people,

10 for those involved in sexual immorality, for homosexuals, for kidnappers, for liars, for false witnesses, and for whatever else goes against the healthy teaching

11 that agrees with the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Jud 1:7 7 Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them, which like them committed sexual sins and pursued homosexual activities, serve as an example of the punishment of eternal fire.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Personal flames are quite against the rules here.
Yes, they are. If you want to threaten me, just use the report button. My conscience is clear - I didn't flame anyone here.
I just stated that the way people like you behave makes it very clear to me that their claim of having access to "divine guidance" is false.

Let's see if I have this right.

God
doesn't
exist!
Therefore
no thing
called
the Bible
can actually be
the word of something unreal, not there.

Is that it?

And for 14 years you've been saying that here.
In a Christian forum, among Christians you can't stand, over, and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, a thousand times over and over again.
There's a multitude of Christians I like, and some who are very good friends of mine.
And if you want to put words into my mouth... a whole flood of posts of what I say over and over again... do the work and take a look at my posts.

Again, human contempt, human fallibility: that is what is coming from you. No sign of divine wisdom.
You might not care - you might even think that you win a great victory by these actions - but if you really think that offending people does Christianity a favour... well, carry on, pal!

And yet, an atheist with a life , one life to live, spends 14 irretrievable years, accrues thousands of posts sitting at a computer logged into a community dedicated to nothing they believe exists so as to engage people they do not respect for believing in something not there.

:) God love ya.
A community where quite a number of "Christians" believe that other people are evil and deserve to suffer... and use everything in their power to enact their beliefs. Yeah, feel the Christian love!

Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
You have a strange concept of Christians. We don't claim to be divine.....
Christians claim to have the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Which is said to be God. Just read what I said.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Really, I have to post if for you?.....
1 Cor 6:9 9 You know that wicked people will not inherit the kingdom of God, don’t you? Stop deceiving yourselves! Sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitutes, homosexuals,
1 Tim 1:8-11 8 Of course, we know that the Law is good if a person uses it legitimately,

9 that is, if he understands that the Law is not intended for righteous people but for lawbreakers and rebels, for ungodly people and sinners, for those who are unholy and irreverent, for those who kill their fathers, their mothers, or other people,

10 for those involved in sexual immorality, for homosexuals, for kidnappers, for liars, for false witnesses, and for whatever else goes against the healthy teaching

11 that agrees with the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which he entrusted to me.

Jud 1:7 7 Likewise, Sodom and Gomorrah and the cities near them, which like them committed sexual sins and pursued homosexual activities, serve as an example of the punishment of eternal fire.
Looks like verses about same sex activity to me, not same sex attraction. Try again? Third time's a charm...

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist

So why then do so many Christians lie without the slightest hint of remorse?

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,057.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So why then do so many Christians lie without the slightest hint of remorse?
I missed it.....when did the thread switch over to lies?....or is this just the typical atheist red herring?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
You don't understand the question?

Just as an example, from a different recent thread here about one of the new "Bathroom laws". A post made by a self-identified Christians (and you will know that, in contrast to the pastor of the OP, denying a member's Christianity is against the forum rules).

"It will happen any day, because now it is legal to rape and molest because all one has to do is say the feel like the opposite sex. See you all don't get it and never will."

I can link to this post, if you want, but calling out a lie seems also to be against the forum rules. So I don't want to make this person's uncomfortable.

But this is a lie. Even if you defend it by saying this person honestly believes this... it is still a "false witness" against others. It simply isn't true.

In a part of this thread that was deleted (even if it didn't defend homosexuality, but the powers that be do what they want), another Christian here told a lie about unbelievers. I tried to call her out for it... to no avail.

These are just two examples directly from this board. There are tons of further examples from the real world.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
I missed it.....when did the thread switch over to lies?....or is this just the typical atheist red herring?
I said it before, and I get confirmed over and over again.

Homosexuality is the great unifying target that defines Christianity. Everything else is just "meh".

Upvote 0

Archaeopteryx

Wanderer
Jul 1, 2007
✟70,740.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't understand the question?

Just as an example, from a different recent thread here about one of the new "Bathroom laws". A post made by a self-identified Christians (and you will know that, in contrast to the pastor of the OP, denying a member's Christianity is against the forum rules).

"It will happen any day, because now it is legal to rape and molest because all one has to do is say the feel like the opposite sex. See you all don't get it and never will."

I can link to this post, if you want, but calling out a lie seems also to be against the forum rules. So I don't want to make this person's uncomfortable.

But this is a lie. Even if you defend it by saying this person honestly believes this... it is still a "false witness" against others. It simply isn't true.

In a part of this thread that was deleted (even if it didn't defend homosexuality, but the powers that be do what they want), another Christian here told a lie about unbelievers. I tried to call her out for it... to no avail.

These are just two examples directly from this board. There are tons of further examples from the real world.
Perhaps they were lying for Jesus, and so their consciences are clear?

Upvote 0

Freodin

Mar 9, 2002
Visit site
✟242,764.00
Faith
Atheist
Are you making a distinction between same sex attraction and same sex activity? If so, I agree.
What, you agree?

"[Your] willful ignorance must be a staggering load....."

Reactions: PapaZoom
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.