Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whole Foods is fighting back against a Texas pastor who accused the Austin-based grocery chain of decorating a cake with an anti-gay slur.

Jordan Brown, an openly gay pastor who preaches at the non-denominational Church of Open Doors, said he ordered a cake with the words "Love Wins" written in blue icing on April 14 for a member of his congregation, according to an emotional distress lawsuit filed Monday in Travis County court. But Brown said when he got to his car he saw "Love Wins F**" had been scrawled instead.

Whole Foods, however, countersued on Tuesday, alleging the entire incident was a hoax perpetrated by Brown.

According to the countersuit, the pastor "intentionally, knowingly and falsely accused Whole Foods and its employees of writing the homophobic slur...on a custom made cake that he ordered from WFM's Lamar Store in Austin," My Statesman reported. Whole Foods also released security footage from their flagship Austin store that they say proves their workers did not add the slur to the cake.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016...-after-finding-homophobic-slur-on-cake-order/

Reactions: Tallguy88

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"F**" is only three letters. The f-word is four. So, the f-word, here, I don't think, would directly slur gays. So, maybe you shouldn't write it here, but I am curious what "F**" is supposed to be. If the pastor is able to make up such a hoax, maybe also he is able to see something as a slur which doesn't directly specify gays, at all.

In any case, "Love Wins" is not an obviously gay-only term, I would think.

I at times have shared that "Example wins."

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"F**" is only three letters. The f-word is four. So, the f-word, here, I don't think, would directly slur gays. So, maybe you shouldn't write it here, but I am curious what "F**" is supposed to be. If the pastor is able to make up such a hoax, maybe also he is able to see something as a slur which doesn't directly specify gays, at all.

In any case, "Love Wins" is not an obviously gay-only term, I would think.

I at times have shared that "Example wins."

"nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock." (1 Peter 5:3)
"British cigarette"

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Tallguy88 I just did a Net search investigation. Oh-h-h . . . I forgot that word. Ok . . . so that would be directly a gay slur. And it certainly would be interesting to see the surveillance footage of the cake while it was taken by the people buying it.

Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0

Four Angels Standing

2Peter 1:21 Cry Out For Wisdom Grace Heals
Apr 18, 2016
Dallas
✟11,005.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good for Whole Foods filing a counter suit against this pastor. I believe he's trying to further the same victim agenda that others have when they sue Christian business owners. Only in this case his new tactic is to claim a company did consent to the cake request but wrote a slur instead.
I would think this pastor will lose.
May he find the truth of God in Christ. A Satanic church is an abomination to the Lord.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Right. Because what does being open and accepting of all comers have to do with Christianity?
Open and accepting of all who repent of their sins. Considering they have an openly gay pastor, that is not the case. We should welcome sinners, but not encourage them to continue sinning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
It's not a sin to be gay.
Engaging in homosexual activity is. And since this pastor was celebrating gay marriage, then it is publicly celebrating sinful behavior, which is the additional sin of scandal on his part.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Engaging in homosexual activity is. And since this pastor was celebrating gay marriage, then it is publicly celebrating sinful behavior, which is the additional sin of scandal on his part.
And a liar.

Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I was responding to your conxemnation of the pastor for being "openly gay". I said it's not a sin to be homosexual. You response shifted goalposts.
Openly gay as in "I'm gay and I struggle with it" is ok. Openly gay and celebrating it, as this pastor did, is a sin. We shouldn't celebrate sin or encourage others to do so.

Upvote 0

imind

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2005
✟30,062.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
<staff edit>

tallguy88 said:
Open and accepting of all who repent of their sins. Considering they have an openly gay pastor, that is not the case. We should welcome sinners, but not encourage them to continue sinning.

you don't have to "agree" with open homosexuality, or even condone it...but we all sin openly every day...christ's church is open to ALL...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.