Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
  • Owning real estate in Jerusalem is not the same thing as to make a claim on all of Jerusalem.
  • The Vatican has no interest in setting up a second Vatican.
  • The Vatican has no interest in moving from Rome to Jerusalem.

Be careful what you watch on Youtube. Lots of garbage available there. Anyone and their uncle can make a documentary and distort facts or include outright misinformation. You even have quality garbage from places with lots of $$$ but nothing but an axe to grind.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
It means a return to a time when half of Israel’s capital was under Islamic control, the Old City was closed to Jews, the synagogues were desecrated, and walls, barbed wire, and snipers divided the city by force.
No it doesn't. You just made that up.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Here is the Vatican's interest in Jerusalem: we have a bishop there ALREADY. A patriarchate was established there in 1847. I don't know if that means Jerusalem only had regular bishops before that time, or if the bishopric that had once existed there had been removed and then reestablished. But a patriarchate is an extremely important bishopric. The three patriarchates of the Early Church were Alexandria, Antioch, and Rome. So the present bishop of Rome is a very important bishop (I have been unable to find his name for you). This status quo is working just fine for the Catholic Church.

BTW, there is another bishop seated in Jerusalem who is the bishop over all the world's Hebrew Catholics.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Here is the Vatican's interest in Jerusalem: we have a bishop there ALREADY. A patriarchate was established there in 1847. I don't know if that means Jerusalem only had regular bishops before that time, or if the bishopric that had once existed there had been removed and then reestablished. But a patriarchate is an extremely important bishopric. The three patriarchates of the Early Church were Alexandria, Antioch, and Rome. So the present bishop of Rome is a very important bishop (I have been unable to find his name for you). This status quo is working just fine for the Catholic Church.

BTW, there is another bishop seated in Jerusalem who is the bishop over all the world's Hebrew Catholics.

Jerusalem was the 1st patriarchate of the East (although their was only one church at that time). James the just was its head. All the original Eastern bishops were Jews. The Eastern churches still have Patriarchates in Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, Constantinople. As the Apostles moved up the coast to Antioch, Greece, etc, they established churches there.

Upvote 0