Who is your pick so far for the next US president?

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm not giving up on Ben Carson. My number 2 is Ted Cruz.
I never thought Carson was going to win except by some miracle. I still vote for him. If he did happen to lie it was trying to make Jesus look good instead of himself. Others seem to lie about how wonderful they are.

He's the only one I feel is really against shedding innocent blood. I don't vote to necessary win, I'm already a winner, but to take a stand. I no longer believe man can make much difference as our country is in serious trouble. Only God can save our nation now and Carson seems to be closer to God than all the rest.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟377,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If I vote in the Repub primary, my 1st choice--as of now--would be George Pataki. If he's not running, then John Kasich. If he's not running, then Lindsey Graham. If he's dropped out, then I'll vote for Bernie in the Dem primary. If he's not running, then I may not vote. But if write-in's are allowed, I'll vote for Susan Collins if I go with the Repub ballot. And I'll write in my Senator, Claire McCaskill, if I vote the Dem ballot.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
No, they are real.. go look on Facebook
Interesting. I thought at best that they were local clubs. "Republicans for Bernie" can't have very many members, I'm thinking. ;)

EDIT: Well, I did as you suggested, Mary, and I can't find any evidence suggesting that there IS any "Republicans for Bernie" organization, or membership, or meetings, or officers, or anything like that.

There's a website that announces, triumphantly, that there IS a Republican for Bernie. Someone has posted a photo showing that someone who claims to be a Republican favors Bernie. In Vermont. And someone created a facebook page entitled "Republicans for Bernie Sanders" but again, nothing there indicates that there's any such organization, just some posted comments about the presidential campaign.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mary7

Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2015
Mississippi
✟75,750.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Interesting. I thought at best that they were local clubs. "Republicans for Bernie" can't have very many members, I'm thinking. ;)

EDIT: Well, I did as you suggested, Mary, and I can't find any evidence suggesting that there IS any "Republicans for Bernie" organization, or membership, or meetings, or officers, or anything like that.

There's a website that announces, triumphantly, that there IS a Republican for Bernie. Someone has posted a photo showing that someone who claims to be a Republican favors Bernie. In Vermont. And someone created a facebook page entitled "Republicans for Bernie Sanders" but again, nothing there indicates that there's any such organization, just some posted comments about the presidential campaign.
On FAcebook, there are those pages plus others such as Moderate Republicans. Alot of the campaigning is being done on social media and the candidates are using that to measure their success. The point is.. I am not the only former tea partier that is for Bernie.. I have talked to many and to many who are leaving the Repub. party due to the current candidates. I have met Democrats 4 life (pro life dems) and Christian Democrats. I had no idea these people existed lol. ( a christian democrat? :openmouth: impossible I thought! )

You and I agree almost totally spiritually, disagreeing politically is just not a big deal :)
:oldthumbsup: (if there is a 'hug' Emoji on here I could not find it lol)

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You and I agree almost totally spiritually, disagreeing politically is just not a big deal :)
:oldthumbsup: (if there is a 'hug' Emoji on here I could not find it lol)

This is it: :hug:

To which I would say :blush1:

Thanks, Mary.

Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Clinton then Sanders

Between Hillary Clinton and a pile of leaves I would vote for the pile of leaves. Sanders will never be allowed to gain the nomination. They will find him under a cannon in Fort Marcy Park before that happens.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deviant Writer

I choose the World. I choose the Flesh.
Sep 18, 2015
Michigan
✟77,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Between Hillary Clinton and a pile of leaves I would vote for the pile of leaves. Sanders will never be allowed to gain the nomination. They will find him under a cannon in Fort Marcy Park before that happens.

Uh...what does that mean?

Upvote 0

lupusFati

Bigby, Reid, and Z
Apr 17, 2013
Idaho
Visit site
✟11,996.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

I'm still voting Sanders, and you can't stop me.

Reactions: OldFashionGal
Upvote 0

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sistrin

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you suspect foul play instead of the suicide?

I think his suicide was rather convenient. Much has been written about the case, some of which does indicate foul play. But I don't know. What I do know is ever since his death Foster's name has often been invoked as sort of a running metaphor for not crossing the Clinton's.

Upvote 0

Frenzy

Nov 13, 2015
✟663.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
It seems that for most Americans politics is just a game that runs for over a year, in other countries the people decide and it's all done and dusted in less than a couple of months.
It's a pity Obama can't run for another term because I think he would win again, the US has been turned completely around, the US presidency has gone from being a laughing stock to an office respected all over the world for it's efficiency and competence, when Hillary replaces him it will continue along the same lines, if a republican was made president the world would wait for things to go wrong again, because of that there will not be a republican in the White house for many years to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mary7
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you suspect foul play instead of the suicide?
Almost everyone suspected foul play at the time. The circumstances and evidence suggested it, but of course the federal government wouldn't look into that.

Upvote 0