Who has all authority Jesus or doctors

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
A doctor's authority (such as it is) and Jesus' authority are not the same sorts of things.

A doctor's authority doesn't make something true - it is simply an expert opinion on what already is (or is not) true.

Jesus' authority changes things.

They simply are not the same sorts of things. So the question is unanswerable.

I agree the soul is more important than the body.
Um, no. We believe in the resurrection of the body and the life to come.
Jesus' will heal all bodies, and in fact has done what is necessary for that in his own resurrection.

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

annrobert

Jesus is my Shelter my Refuge my Fortress
Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus' authority changes things

Amen ,I completely agree with that.
and nothing compares to Him
Name above all names

Jesus' will heal all bodies, and in fact has done what is necessary for that in his own resurrection

Yes we will get a glorified body later and Jesus has provided for that.

still

Jesus says to ask that you may receive
and that He gives good gifts to those who ask Him.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
still

Jesus says to ask that you may receive
and that He gives good gifts to those who ask Him.
And yet many do ask and are not healed in this life, or at least not in terms of the physical healing the question is framed in.

We all know of stories of people who have been amazingly healed against all the odds. And God is in the mundane and ordinary as much as the exceptional and extraordinary - all the healing that goes on through doctors and the normal process of body healing itself are just as much the work of God.

But there remains those who do not heal and remain sick or die. When we look outside of our comfortable world and medical care to the developing world frightening numbers of such.

We can't run away from the fact that though the Kingdom of God, with all its Isaiah promises, is anticipated in the present it is far from fully realised.

Upvote 0

annrobert

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can't run away from the fact that though the Kingdom of God, with all its Isaiah promises, is anticipated in the present it is far from fully realised.

True and even though Jesus is in the ordinary He is still in the extraordinary as well, as you said.
Although these promises are not fully realised they are promises from God Himself nonetheless.
We all still struggle with sin and doubt, we do not have a glorified body yet. ,but this does not change the Word of God.
Jesus said His word does not pass away.

Jesus said there is no difference for Him saying your sins be forgiven you or to say rise up and walk.

Jesus does heal souls and minds and hearts and bodies

all the healing that goes on through doctors and the normal process of body healing itself are just as much the work of God.

True, but God still heals and when a doctor says it is hopeless that does not always mean it is hopeless.
Jesus has the final say.

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Even Paul told Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach because he was frequently ill. Why would he even bother with that if we were only to rely on miraculous healing?
She was talking about getting sick, going to the doctor FIRST and then being told
by the doctor that it's futile, you're gonna die...
THEN... when all else fails... going to God
Obviously the doctor isnt God and it's up to GOD alone if it's "all over"

Far as Timothy, we all know that the body is continually wasting..
16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

It's clear that our bodies will degenerate and we'll need eyeglasses etc..
NOT saying to give in without a fight though lol.

Jesus...

How is this relevent? Even the Great Word of Faith teacher Kenneth E. Hagin saw the good of doctors...
Did someone suggest that we disregard doctors?
Heh, funny though, because I have 8 kids and
cannot recall the last time we've been to see
one.. In fact, it's been years.

No..

No..

Nice....

We go to Jesus...

So..During the Word of Faith movement a sudden drop came upon them, The story goes like this, A Word of Faith Church was poisoned, (in which year i don't remember) well anyway, to go into detail, the drinks were poisoned and all who drank were filled with poison. Someone called the ambulance, the ambulance arrived and offered help to those who were poisoned. They refused, zealously saying things such as... "God is our healer", "By His Stripes we were healed", "I am healed" etc. Most of the poisoned people died and the rest fell unconcious..

Long story short.. a few were saved because of God's work through the the trained hand of medical personal etc. The rest of course were dead.

If you have any light to shine please do.
She has! :hug:

The doctor more than likely has the final say.
God does.

Miracles can and do happen, but when my last grandfather developed cancer in four areas, God chose to concentrate on healing his soul and not his body.
We have no way to know that's why grandpa wasnt physically healed.

Its been two years and a month now. I don't blame the doctors nor God. I don't even blame the cancer. It was unfortunately his time, despite our prayers for curing.
Maybe maybe not. How can we know, but the great thing is, he's in a much
nicer "place" :clap:

When a doctor says the prognosis is fatal, pray more for the healing of the soul more than for the body
If we have faith for one, why not faith for the other?
:bow:

I agree the soul is more important than the body.

still

Psalm 103:3
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
I think it seems easier to believe the forgives part but not the "diseases" part.
We need to renew our minds.
:hug:
Nice posts sista!

Reactions: annrobert
Upvote 0

annrobert

Jan 24, 2009
Canada
✟17,269.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She was talking about getting sick, going to the doctor FIRST and then being told
by the doctor that it's futile, you're gonna die...
THEN... when all else fails... going to God
Obviously the doctor isnt God and it's up to GOD alone if it's "all over"

so true

Far as Timothy, we all know that the body is continually wasting..
16Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

It's clear that our bodies will degenerate and we'll need eyeglasses etc..
NOT saying to give in without a fight though lol.

thankyou that's right.exactly

Did someone suggest that we disregard doctors?
Heh, funny though, because I have 8 kids and
cannot recall the last time we've been to see
one.. In fact, it's been years.

That's awesome and wonderful:clap::hug:

She has! :hug:

God does.

We have no way to know that's why grandpa wasnt physically healed.

Maybe maybe not. How can we know, but the great thing is, he's in a much
nicer "place" :clap:

Yup he is in a better place

If we have faith for one, why not faith for the other?
:bow:

That's what I think also

I think it seems easier to believe the forgives part but not the "diseases" part.

I think so

We need to renew our minds.
:hug:

Yup we do need to renew our minds.

Nice posts sista!

Thankyou sunlover:hug::hug:
Thankyou for the support also
I needed it lol

Upvote 0