Apr 12, 2005
Republic of Texas
Visit site
✟21,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive been wanting to know who created god or how he came into existence for a long time now. Can someone explain why god exsist or how came into existence?:confused:

No one created God, and He didn't come into existence. God is self-existent, meaning that He has always existed as He is, without change or variation.

Upvote 0

aintzaJainkoari

Dec 4, 2006
✟572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Things that have a beginning have to have a creator or a cause, things that are started have to have been started by something or someone. (That's the Law of Biogenesis: Life that began had to have a Lifegiver that caused it, something that is moving had to have something that made it start to move.)
But God is eternal, He is infinite, He existed from eternity past (no beginning, He always was) to eternity future (He will always be). I know it's hard to understand, if not impossible, but that's because we as humans are finite beings with a beginning, so we can't fully comprehend it, we just have to believe.

Upvote 0

Key

The Opener of Locks
Apr 10, 2004
Visit site
✟19,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ive been wanting to know who created god or how he came into existence for a long time now. Can someone explain why god exsist or how came into existence?:confused:

This is a great question... but you can answer it yourself...

Can you tell me where a line starts?

(That is a Line, not a Ray or a Segment)

God Bless

Key

Upvote 0
P

PhilosopherD

Actually, your question puts the cart before the horse. First, you would have to know what God is in the same way that you know what a human being is. We can ask where a persons comes from because we have previous experience in seeing other persons come in existence. We have no such knowledge of God. We give the word 'God' to that which we don't know much about, other that what that God will choose to reveal to us.

the point is, the cliche question "Where did God come from?" can't be answered by a limited, mortal human. From our standpoint, we could always ask God if He was the biggest God in existence, and we would simply encounter an infinite regress, because we could never be sure that the God who claimed to be the 'Creator God' was actually the supreme God. HOw would we find out who the REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, Supreme God is? You can't! You just keep asking questions.

So, what is more sober and rational is to ask simpler questions like "Who is God?" "Does God exist?" But enough of this "Who made God?" tripe.

Upvote 0

aintzaJainkoari

Dec 4, 2006
✟572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, the Line, Ray, Segment thing-

we as humans and everything physical had a beginning, and before that beginning they/we did not exist. And we have a point at which we die. But then, according to Christianity, we live forever in a new body, either in hell or in Heaven. so we are like this:
.____.______>>

God is different. He never had a beginning, and will never die, so He has, does, and will exist eternally.
Like this:
<<________________________________________>>

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ailanthus

Tree of Heaven
Aug 8, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟2,163.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Doesn't it make you wonder what God was doing before he made us? I mean, if God has infinitely been, which He has, then we are just a speck in infinity. What happened before us? Before earth? I know its nothing I can wrap my mind around, but its something I look forward to asking Him one day =)

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2007
✟8,124.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I tried to ponder who made God one time and I think my head almost exploded because I had a bad headache afterwards... The easiest explanation is 1. we will know when we die and reach heaven 2. IMO he has always been there. Very hard subject to grasp...all relative

Upvote 0

Sep 20, 2006
✟8,138.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
There is a good article explaining it here:

http://www.godandscience.org/apologetics/who_created_god.html

Basically, it explains that either God is not bound to the plan of time or exists outside of time. That being said, God is not bound to the laws of time itself, which include our idea of things coming to be and then failing to be, and therefore can have logically existed eternally.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Find Dr Lanning, and you'll have your answer.
irobot_17_th.jpg

You are convinced of this sort of thing?
If one chooses not to believe in eternal existence, then temporal existence still needs a starting point. Point A and B need an origin, a declaration of position, a frame of reference.

There is no easy conclusion... except personal humility.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Eve1986

Mar 29, 2007
✟7,612.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Things that have a beginning have to have a creator or a cause, things that are started have to have been started by something or someone. (That's the Law of Biogenesis: Life that began had to have a Lifegiver that caused it, something that is moving had to have something that made it start to move.)
But God is eternal, He is infinite, He existed from eternity past (no beginning, He always was) to eternity future (He will always be). I know it's hard to understand, if not impossible, but that's because we as humans are finite beings with a beginning, so we can't fully comprehend it, we just have to believe.

Hello, Im new here and I am not a Christian, but a believer in the Creator of everything, also called God. :)

Actually your answer on this question I think was really good, but I want to add something. The thing is that God also made the law that everything has to have a cause or a creator. Before God created this law, this law didn't excist, so we can not say that God has to have a beginning, since this law is just made by God and was there AFTER God:) I hope someone gets this and I saw now 039 said the same .. I think this is the best answer I ever heard for this difficult question. What you all think of it?

Upvote 0