which religion do u follow or think is best comb. of sprituality ,peace & mediation?

which religion do u follow or think is best comb. of sprituality ,peace & mediation?

• Baha'i Faith

• Buddhism

• Christianity (2 billion followers)

• Confucianism

• Hinduism (1 billion followers)

• Islam (1 billion followers)

• Jainism

• Judaism

• Taoism

• don't follow any religion (1 billion )

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

typeOnegative

Oct 12, 2004
Mumbai
✟15,120.00
Faith
Christian
rahul_sharma said:
Ofcourse Hinduism is much above religion and a different way of life when compared to christanity , islam.
Here we have to say even if we call christanity and islam as religions , they are at the same time a way of life for there followers....Every religion is in itself is a way of life , thats the purpose of this topic why, one religion or a way of life is more evolved than other.
Chest thumping in the name of Hinduism???.....simply , this is a voting place and people are voting......:groupray:
I dont know if I can agree with you about Hinduism being much above religion when I do not consider it a religion in the first place. :)

Yes there is definitely chest thumping in the name of Hinduism - Why you were you not the one who said:

Hinduism is best of everything any religion can have
Love,
Bernard

Upvote 0

rahul_sharma

Hindu dominated India - Largest Democracy on Earth
Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Ofcourse i have said that "Hinduism is best of everything any religion can have".I am its follower and because of my experiences i have every right to say this....or u mean to say this right is only with muslim or christian?:)

Also prasing my religion does'nt mean , i am insulting others faith...plz read the whole thread carefully...i have never said a word against anybody's faith.Infact , my faith Hinduism itself says - religions or way of life may be many but destination is same...if u are angry with 17 votes for Hinduism till now..friend , i had just one vote , why are u showing ur anger for other 16 votes on me.:groupray:

Upvote 0

rahul_sharma

Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
typeOnegative said:
In my eyes it is a very highly evolved way of life. In fact I can call myself a Hindu too, right Rahul? :)
U are right to say, Hinduism is a highly evolved way of life. But remember , every religion is a way of life for its followers, some are highly evolved some are less...and this is the topic of disscussion.:) :groupray:

Upvote 0
Ok, I have to ask: what's the deal with the cows? I know virtually *nothing* about Hinduism, but I have heard that cows are sacred to Hindus. Is this correct? If so, what role do they play in your religion? I hope I haven't offended anyone, but I am genuinely curious, and I'm always eager to learn more. :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rahul_sharma

Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
As the sheep is to Christianity, the cow is to Hinduism. Lord KRISHNA was a cowherd, and the bull is depicted as the vehicle of Lord SHIVA.

The human infant is fed breast milk by its human mother for
under three years. After weaning, the cow acts as the surrogate mother providing milk for the rest of the human life - through childhood, adult age and old age. Cow is verily the mother of the human. One would be filled with repugnance at the ungrateful idea of killing mother, whether surrogate mother or otherwise.

Not just cows , Hinduism consider every life sacred .ANIMALS ARE NOT CREATED FOR OUR TASTE . WE EVEN LOVE ANIMALS , SOME CAN'NT EVEN LOVE FELLOW HUMANS.:prayer:

Upvote 0

Oditogre

Oct 14, 2004
✟118.00
Faith
Other Religion
An 'other' option would have been nice.

I'm going to sort of bend your question to reply to it...I tend to separate sprituality from religion. I have personally found that the best route is to do what works for you. The variety of faiths and methods for achieving inner peace are more than you could ever hope to thoroughly test in a lifetime, but they generally have the same principles and practices. Once you have a feel for these common aspects, you can work out your own method of prayer and meditation by simply experimenting and doing what works.

Inner peace isn't like hunger. You can't satisfy the need by simply asking others what works for them and blindly following that path, as if you were getting advice about what to get off the menu at a fast food place you've never been to. You have to work it out for yourself, and not be afraid to try all available paths.

Upvote 0

Eternal_Believer

My friend call me fanatic
Mar 2, 2004
✟272.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Lets give experiences instead of just proclaiming.

Firstly i believe that other religions are wrong and i do not respect it nor anything in it.

I will respect all humans though and i will try my best to explain what Christianity is if need be, as i am a debtor to you guys, owing you the preaching of the gospel.

Upvote 0

Eternal_Believer

Mar 2, 2004
✟272.00
Faith
Pentecostal
My experience is with Christ Jesus, whereby he called me out of my ungodly "christian" lifestyle into True Christianity changing me drastically and he still is doing so!

He touched me one day with this electricish feeling as i was attending service in another church and somehow i cried for apparently no reason.

His holy touch came and a wave, undescribably wonderful took hold of me and there my relationship with Christ was established.

And dont make me out to be arrogant. And remember i have flaws too just as you have flaws.

Upvote 0

rahul_sharma

Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
I believe everything is KRISHNA....EVEN KRIST (JESUS CHRIST)

KRIS..HNA = KRIS..T

RELIGION OF KRISHNA = KRISTANITY= CHRISTANITY (CH=K)

FOLLOWERS OF KRISHNA = KRISTIASNS = CHRISTIANS (CH=K)

LORD KRISHNA is the base of everything...love KRISHNA = love christ

6000 years ago ,LORD KRISHNA had told in HOLY GEETA...In whatever form u will worship me , I will come to u in that form.

those who worsip him as KRISHNA , he comes to them as KRISHNA.
those who worship him as formless, he comes to them as formless power.
those who worship him as image of jesus , he comes to them in that image of jesus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Eternal_Believer

Mar 2, 2004
✟272.00
Faith
Pentecostal
rahul_sharma said:
I believe everythig is KRISHNA....EVEN KRIST (JESUS CHRIST)

KRIS..T = KRIS..HNA

RELIGION OF KRIST= KRISTANITY= CHRISTANITY (CH=K)

FOLLOWERS OF KRISHNA = KRISTIASNS = CHRISTIANS (CH=K)

LORD KRISHNA is the base of everything...love KRISHNA = love christ

LORD KRISHNA has told in HOLY GEETA...In whatever form u will worship me , I will come to u in that form.

those u worsip him as KRISHNA , he comes to them as KRISHNA.
those who worship him as formless, he comes to them as formless power.
those who worship him as image of jesus , he comes to them in that image of jesus.

Man thats utterly very convincing but i cannot accept it. Very very powerful words... here. I shall say no further on that for now.

Give me your personal testimonies?

Upvote 0

rahul_sharma

Sep 11, 2004
New Delhi
✟3,888.00
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Single
Eternal_Believer said:
Give me your personal testimonies?
Every breath of mine , every success of mine , my courage after every failure, my unlimited faith and love towards him ,my unlimited big and small experiences with power of LORD KRISHNA are my personal testimonies.

Upvote 0

Born_in_India

Sep 21, 2004
✟161.00
Faith
Christian
I would have to go with Hinduism too....but like Bernard said Hinduism defies definition. If the question was "who is your favorite personality?", I would have said "Jesus". I was a Shaivaite for all my life and I still respect Lord SHIVA but right now I am a Hindu who is attracted towards the powerful personality of Christ. BTW, it is a privilege to be born in that piece of land to the east of the Indus and south of the Himalayas....ofcourse that is my humble opinion.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.