Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Seal of God or
mark of the beast

In the end we will be in two groups, and we will either have the Seal of God or by default will receive the mark of the beast.

What is a beast? Scripture answers that….

Daniel 7:23 “He gave me this explanation: ‘The fourth beast is a fourth kingdom that will appear on earth. It will be different from all the other kingdoms and will devour the whole earth, trampling it down and crushing it.

A kingdom is a political power and examples of these are in the dream of Nebuchadnezzar. The last kingdom is mixed with clay We are told this beast is one that thinks to change times and laws Daniel 7:25

So we know that the that the beast is a political power and one that thinks to change times and laws so they have replaced God’s law with their own laws.

What is the mark of the beast over?

Revelation 14:9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Clearly the mark of the beast is over worship. So we have a political power who thinks to change times and laws and it has to do with worship. Those who receive this mark have no rest.

So there is false worship and true worship and to receive the mark are those who worship in vain (false worship) or by default do not worship God in Truth and Spirit which is what we are called to do John 4:23-24

What is false worship?

Jesus answers this question clearly…

Matthew 15:3 He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? 4 For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ 5 But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— 6 then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. 7 Hypocrites! Well did Isaiah prophesy about you, saying:

8 ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth,
And honor Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
(opposite of the new covenant Heb 8:10)
9 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’ ”

Mark 7:6 He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written:

This people honors Me with their lips,
But their heart is far from Me.
7 And in vain they worship Me,
Teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’

This ties nicely with the beast that thinks to change times and laws and Jesus in His own Words said those who keep their traditions over the commandments of God quoting directly from the Ten Commandments worship in vain (false worship)

If false worship is obeying our rules over the commandments of God, which was personally written and spoken by God Exo 32:16 Exo 31:18, Deut 4:12 than true worship must be keeping the commandments of God.

Lets go back to Revelation and see how this plays outs….

False worship:
Revelation 14:9 9 Then a third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives his mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he himself shall also drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out full strength into the cup of His indignation. He shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. 11 And the smoke of their torment ascends forever and ever; and they have no rest day or night, who worship the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.”

Compare this to the very next verse, that is the fruit of a saved person (Gods saints)
True worship:
Revelation 4:12 Here is the patience of the saints; here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

True worship are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.

Jesus already defined the commandments of God as He quoted directly from the Ten Commandments when He defined false worship – obeying our rules over the commandments of God. What is the faith of Jesus. Notice it does not say faith in Jesus but faith of Jesus. What was the faith Jesus had? How did He walk as our example. Jesus also kept the commandments of God John 15:10 and we are to follow the example Jesus left for us and mirror His faith. 1 John 2:6

So in summary….
  • The beast is a political power/mixed with religious power Dan 2:43​
  • It thinks to change times and laws Dan 7:25​
  • It changed God’s law Exo 20:8-11 and replaced it with traditions​
  • Jesus calls this worshipping in vain (false worship) Mat 15:3-9 Mark 7:7-8​
  • In following this one will receive a mark of their authority (who we worship) during the time when this mark is mandatory Rev 14

Can we find this beast and mark through history……who thought to change times and laws.

The Sabbath is the only thing that fits this description, as it is both a time every seventh day (Saturday) Sabbath Exodus 20:10 and a law, the 4th commandment Exo 20:8-11 written in this same unit Jesus defined when we keep our traditions over God’s commandments, we worship in vain.

Was the Sabbath changed? Yes and the institution that changed it admits they did so, on their own authority, not God’s. God said not to add or subtract from His commandments Deut 4:2 Pro 30:5-6

Question: Which is the Sabbath day?
Answer: Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Question:
Why do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?
Answer: We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday.
—Rev. Peter Geiermann C.SS.R., The Convert’s Catechism of Catholic Doctrine, p. 50

They claim the change of God’s commandments is a mark of their authority.

Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act. And the act is a mark of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters.—C. F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons, in answer to a letter regarding the change of the Sabbath, November 11, 1895.

And they are above the Bible (God's Word)

Deny the authority of the Church and you have no adequate or reasonable explanation or justification for the substitution of Sunday for Saturday in the Third - Protestant Fourth - Commandment of God... The Church is above the Bible, and this transference of Sabbath observance is proof of that fact.—Catholic Record, September 1, 1923.

Scripture tells us His Word (the Bible) is the light to our path Psa 119:105

In the end we will either receive the seal of God or the mark of the beast, the one who changed God’s law. We clearly see that the law of the Sabbath was changed just as predicted and not by God Dan 7:25 but we are close to living in the last days and are called out of our false teachings Rev 18:4 as we must worship Him in Truth and Spirit John 4:23-24

What is the seal of God and how do we receive it. If the mark is changing the law of the Sabbath commandment that is the mark of authority of the church who changed it and admits changed it based on their authority which is above the bible (God’s Word) that means the Sabbath has to be the seal of God.

If we look at the Sabbath is has the seal of God written right in it.

“The Sabbath of the fourth commandment is the seal of the living God. It points to God as the Creator, and is the sign of His rightful authority over the beings He has made. Those who obey this law will bear the seal of God, for He has set apart this day as a sign of loyalty between Himself and His people.”

The seal of God’s law is found in the fourth commandment. This only, of all the ten, brings to view both the name and the title of the Lawgiver. It declares Him to be the Creator of the heavens and the earth, and thus shows His claim to reverence and worship above all other

Exodus 20:8 Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God (Title). In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. 11 For in six days the Lord made (Creator) the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them (Territory), and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

The Sabbath contains the three elements of a seal:
Name: Lord thy God
Title: Creator
Territory: Heaven and Earth

What does God say when we keep the Sabbath…

Ezekiel 20:12 Moreover I also gave them My Sabbaths, to be a sign between them and Me, that they might know that I am the Lord who sanctifies them.

Ezekiel 20:20 20 hallow My Sabbaths, and they will be a sign between Me and you, that you may know that I am the Lord your God.’

Isaiah 8:16 Bind up the testimony, Seal the law among my disciples.

What does the Sabbath do? It points us to God the Creator and in keeping His Sabbath there is a sign between God and His people that we worship the One True God, the only God of Creation and the only God who has the power to sanctify.

The mark of the beast has their mark and they changed God’s law. But when we hallow God’s Sabbath, He gives us His sign that we are worshipping the God of Creation, the one True God.

Our time is short, and we can follow man, but we really need to be transformed into God’s World and God gave us His commandments that He wrote, and He spoke and are placed under His mercy seat revealed in heaven Rev 11:19 and no man has authority above God to change His times and laws. Just like there was a test in the Garden over a tree, we also have our test over our worship. It’s not just about a day, it's about the authority behind who we obey, a test of our loyalty to God, the Creator or following mans traditions in lieu of obeying God, the way He asks.

Revelation 14 calls us to worship our Creator and the Sabbath is the sign of His Creative and Redemptive power that no other god can match.

Revelation 14:7 saying with a loud voice, “Fear God and give glory to Him, for the hour of His judgment has come; and worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea and springs of water.”

This is a direct quote from the Sabbath commandment Exo 20:11 which points us back to the God of Creation.

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:
Fear God and keep His commandments,
For this is man’s all.

God has people in all churches, but we are told to come out of our false teachings Rev 18:4 as we must worship Him in Truth and Spirit. John 4:23-24 and all of God's commandments are Truth Psa 119:151 His version, Exo 20, not ours.​

Last edited:

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would disagree with you in a way. Yes, the non Sabbath worshiper will receive the mark of the beast. But is a sign of something deeper. It is the sign of self worship rather than worshiping God. It's idolatry in that we have set up our own opinions over the direct command of God. This is what the devil did in heaven. He set up his will against God's.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I would disagree with you in a way. Yes, the non Sabbath worshiper will receive the mark of the beast. But is a sign of something deeper. It is the sign of self worship rather than worshiping God. It's idolatry in that we have set up our own opinions over the direct command of God. This is what the devil did in heaven. He set up his will against God's.
Yes, that was addressed in the post

Just like there was a test in the Garden over a tree, we also have our test over our worship. It’s not just about a day, it's about the authority behind who we obey, a test of our loyalty to God, the Creator or following mans traditions in lieu of obeying God, the way He asks.

“The Sabbath of the fourth commandment is the seal of the living God. It points to God as the Creator, and is the sign of His rightful authority over the beings He has made. Those who obey this law will bear the seal of God, for He has set apart this day as a sign of loyalty between Himself and His people.”

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,588.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 25

First, the harvests take out most people (parable of the talents). Next, there is the fake Jesus (false prophet or fake bridegroom in the parable of the wise and foolish virgins.) He forces the world to choose. Apparently, half of all Christians take the mark.

Who will take the mark?

You have to change your religion when accepting the mark. So just don't change your religion. That was easy, no?

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,828.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 25

First, the harvests take out most people (parable of the talents). Next, there is the fake Jesus (false prophet or fake bridegroom in the parable of the wise and foolish virgins.) He forces the world to choose. Apparently, half of all Christians take the mark.

Who will take the mark?

You have to change your religion when accepting the mark. So just don't change your religion. That was easy, no?
It's not about changing religion, its about worship- true worship Rev 14:12 or false worship . Rev 14:9-11 Mark 7:7-8 Mat 15:3-9 Do we worship God in Truth and Spirit John 4:23-24 or do we worship in vain by obeying our rules over the commandments of God and Jesus quoted right from the Ten Mark 7:7-8 Mat 15:3-9. Many religions today no longer teach we need to obey God's commandments, or they accept an edit version of them by man, instead of God's pure version that He wrote, and He spoke. Exo 32:16 Exo 31:18 We need to stay true to God until the very end, when the mark is enforced and buying and selling will be cut off for God's faithful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0