Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you put yourself under the law -- any biblical/spiritual law -- and call yourself a Christian, you are throwing the new covenant established by Jesus' blood in the garbage.
The Law of the New Covenant is the Law that Jesus taught us when he preached the Gospel and his merciful commandments, and we are under the commandments that the Gospel teaches us, because Jesus said:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

"if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many commandments of the Old Testament commanded death sentences, wars and slavery.

These commandmets of death sentences, wars and slavery aren't God's commandments, and christians are not under those commandments

Jesus Christ preached us the true God's Law, but Roma's emperors (emperor Constantine, IV century) don't wanted the Gospel's Law and they imposed the Old Testament's laws saying these laws were the God's commandments. Since then, the Gospel's Law was unknown to the christian people as the only God's Law and the God's true Law.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The Law of the New Covenant is the Law that Jesus taught us when he preached the Gospel and his merciful commandments, and we are under the commandments that the Gospel teaches us, because Jesus said:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

"if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many commandments of the Old Testament commanded death sentences, wars and slavery.
These commandmets of death sentences, wars and slavery aren't God's commandments, and christians are not under those commandments

Jesus Christ preached us the true God's Law, but Roma's emperors (emperor Constantine, IV century) don't wanted the Gospel's Law and they imposed the Old Testament's laws saying these laws were the God's commandments. Since then, the Gospel's Law was unknown to the christian people as the only God's Law and the God's true Law.

I have seen these verses so many times to justify putting Christians back under the law, and I have the same response each time. To repeat...

Taking just a few verses out of Matthew's gospel, a long document written for the Jewish people, and one phrase(!) from Jeremiah written long before Christ came prove nothing.

Much of the New Testament that was written after Christ died, rose, went to heaven and gave us the Holy Spirit, says that Christians are not under law but under God's grace. We are dead to the law, so how can we live in it any longer?

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I have seen these verses so many times to justify putting Christians back under the law, and I have the same response each time.
It is not about justifying anything but teaching what the Gospel teaches. Christians are under the law of Christ because Jesus commanded to keep the Law that He teaches us in the Gospel:

Much of the New Testament that was written after Christ died, rose, went to heaven and gave us the Holy Spirit, says that Christians are not under law but under God's grace. We are dead to the law, so how can we live in it any longer?
You do not understand that the law under which Christians are not, are commandments of the Old Testament that ordered death sentences, wars, slavery and sacrifices, because Jesus annulled them with his teachings of the Gospel because they were not commandments of God but precepts of men. So, Christians are not under those Old Testament commandments, but they are under the Law of Christ, because Jesus said it:

And if you keep this Law you are under grace, because Jesus taught that men have grace when keep this Law and have mercy:

"And as you want men to do to you, so do you also to them, for if you love those who love you, what grace do you have? For sinners also love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what grace do you have? For sinners also do the sam. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what grace do you have? For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive again as much. Love therefore your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing of it, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the wicked. Be therefore merciful as also your Father is merciful. " (Luke 6: 31-36)

And Grace (mercy) was already before God became Man, because what God has always commanded is mercy:

"My son, do not turn these things from your eyes;
Save the law and the advice
And they will be life to your soul,
And grace to your neck. "(Proverbs 3: 21-22)

"My son, do not forget my law,
And your heart keep my commandments
;
Because length of days and years of life
And peace will increase you.
Mercy and truth never depart from you;
Tie them to your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart;
And you will find grace and good opinion
In the eyes of God and of men
. "(Proverbs 3: 1-4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is not about justifying anything but teaching what the Gospel teaches. Christians are under the law of Christ because Jesus commanded to keep the Law that He teaches us in the Gospel:

You do not understand that the law under which Christians are not, are commandments of the Old Testament that ordered death sentences, wars, slavery and sacrifices, because Jesus annulled them with his teachings of the Gospel because they were not commandments of God but precepts of men. So, Christians are not under those Old Testament commandments, but they are under the Law of Christ, because Jesus said it:

And to keep this Law is to be under grace, because Jesus taught that men have grace when keep this Law and have mercy:

And to keep this Law is to be under grace, because Jesus taught that men have grace when keep this Law and have mercy:

"And as you want men to do to you, so do you also to them, for if you love those who love you, what grace do you have? For sinners also love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what grace do you have? For sinners also do the sam. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what grace do you have? For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive again as much. Love therefore your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing of it, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the wicked. Be therefore merciful as also your Father is merciful. " (Luke 6: 31-36)

And Grace (mercy) was already before God became Man, because what God has always commanded is mercy:

"My son, do not turn these things from your eyes;
Save the law and the advice
And they will be life to your soul,
And grace to your neck. "(Proverbs 3: 21-22)

"My son, do not forget my law,
And your heart keep my commandments
;
Because length of days and years of life
And peace will increase you.
Mercy and truth never depart from you;
Tie them to your neck,
Write them on the tablet of your heart;
And you will find grace and good opinion
In the eyes of God and of men
. "(Proverbs 3: 1-4

We are not under law but under grace. If you don't understand that you don't understand the Gospel.

Taking a few verses from Matthew (said to the Jews before the giving of the Holy Spirit), some verses from Luke (where the law isn't mentioned), and two quotes from the Old Testament, prove nothing.

You want relevant verses? Paul wrote the Galatian Christians after Christ had died and risen: "...we know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by the faithfulness of Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified...For through the law I died to the law so that I may live to God...I do not set aside God’s grace, because if righteousness could come through the law, then Christ died for nothing!

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We are not under law but under grace. If you don't understand that you don't understand the Gospel.
You must understand that those precepts of the Old Testament that Jesus annulled are the law under which we Christians are not. That is why Paul said:

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1-2).

Therefore, we Christians are under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. And Paul also confirms it in the verse in which he says that we are under the Law of Christ, because Paul in which you are supporting your arguments, says thus:

"...not being without law to God, but under law to Christ..." (1 Corinthians 9:19-21)

Taking a few verses from Matthew (said to the Jews before the giving of the Holy Spirit),
To receive the Spirit of Jesus , we must keep the commandments which He teaches us in the Gospel, because Jesús said it:

" If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him nor know him; but ye know him, for he abides with you, and shall be in you". (Juan 14:15-16)

As we see in this quote, we must keep the commandments of Jesus Christ. Then.

In conclusion, we must understand that the Old Testament laws were abolished by Jesus Christ and now we must follow the merciful commandments of Jesus Christ. This is what the Gospel tells us . The rest are men religious philosophies.

some verses from Luke (where the law isn't mentioned),
In the verses of Luke that I reminded you, Jesus does mention the Law, the true Law of God, for they begin by saying thus:

"And as you want men to do to you, so do you also to them"

And this is the Law that Jesus said is the Law and the prophets:

So, you don't have grace if you do not keep this Law, because Jesus said:

"And as you want men to do to you, so do you also to them, for if you love those who love you, what grace do you have? For sinners also love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what grace do you have? For sinners also do the sam. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what grace do you have? For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive again as much. Love therefore your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing of it, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the wicked.Be therefore merciful as also your Father is merciful. " (Luke 6: 31-36)

You want relevant verses? Paul wrote the Galatian Christians after Christ had died and risen: "...we know that no one is justified by the works of the law but by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ. And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by the faithfulness of Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.......
This quote that you mention contradicts another quote from the letters attributed to Paul that says so:

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." (Romans 2:13)

Then, you must be careful with the letters attributed to Paul. And it is that the Paul's letters were twisted by the unlearned, as the apostle Peter said:

"our beloved brother Paul wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the unlearned and unsettled pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. Then beloved, you knowing beforehand, watch lest being led away by the error of the lawless you fall from your own steadfastness. But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:15-18)

Therefore, we must know very well what Jesus taught us when he preached the Gospel to avoid falling into error, as Peter teaches us when he says: "watch lest being led away by the error of the lawless you fall from your own steadfastness. But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ"

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You must understand that those precepts of the Old Testament that Jesus annulled are the law under which we Christians are not. That is why Paul said:

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1-2).

Therefore, we Christians are under the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus. And Paul also confirms it in the verse in which he says that we are under the Law of Christ, because Paul in which you are supporting your arguments, says thus:

"...not being without law to God, but under law to Christ..." (1 Corinthians 9:19-21)

To receive the Spirit of Jesus , we must keep the commandments which He teaches us in the Gospel, because Jesús said it:

" If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will beg the Father, and he will give you another Comforter, that he may be with you for ever, the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not see him nor know him; but ye know him, for he abides with you, and shall be in you". (Juan 14:15-16)

As we see in this quote, we must keep the commandments of Jesus Christ. Then.

In conclusion, we must understand that the Old Testament laws were abolished by Jesus Christ and now we must follow the merciful commandments of Jesus Christ. This is what the Gospel tells us . The rest are men religious philosophies.

In the verses of Luke that I reminded you, Jesus does mention the Law, the true Law of God, for they begin by saying thus:

"And as you want men to do to you, so do you also to them"

And this is the Law that Jesus said is the Law and the prophets:

So, you don't have grace if you do not keep this Law, because Jesus said:

"And as you want men to do to you, so do you also to them, for if you love those who love you, what grace do you have? For sinners also love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what grace do you have? For sinners also do the sam. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive, what grace do you have? For sinners also lend to sinners, to receive again as much. Love therefore your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing of it, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for He is kind unto the unthankful and to the wicked.Be therefore merciful as also your Father is merciful. " (Luke 6: 31-36)

This quote that you mention contradicts another quote from the letters attributed to Paul that says so:

"For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified." (Romans 2:13)

Then, you must be careful with the letters attributed to Paul. And it is that the Paul's letters were twisted by the unlearned, as the apostle Peter said:

"our beloved brother Paul wrote to you, according to the wisdom given to him; as also in all his epistles, speaking in them concerning these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which the unlearned and unsettled pervert, as also they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction. Then beloved, you knowing beforehand, watch lest being led away by the error of the lawless you fall from your own steadfastness. But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:15-18)

Therefore, we must know very well what Jesus taught us when he preached the Gospel to avoid falling into error, as Peter teaches us when he says: "watch lest being led away by the error of the lawless you fall from your own steadfastness. But grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ"

Frankly I'm tired of this discussion. If you want to keep yourself under the law, whichever one you choose, and extract verses from here and there to prove to yourself that your path is slavery, go ahead. Disobey the law and negate God's promise of grace and subject yourself to needless suffering.

I am not under law but under grace. Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Frankly I'm tired of this discussion. If you want to keep yourself under the law, whichever one you choose, and extract verses from here and there to prove to yourself that your path is slavery, go ahead. Disobey the law and negate God's promise of grace and subject yourself to needless suffering.

The commandments of Jesus are the true commandments of God. And the commandments of the Old Testament that ordered men to apply death sentences, make wars and slavery, were not given by God. And those commandments are the law under which we are not.

You must not forget that Jesus quoted from the Old Testament certain commands, such as "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth", to abolish them because they were only precepts of men, since Jesus did not come to abolish the Law of God.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also....." (Matthew 5:...)

You must be careful with the letters attributed to Paul.

Doctrines "Paulianists" CONTRARY TO THE GOSPEL

Many, based on the dominant religious interpretations in the world and interpreted to taste the difficult points of the letters attributed to Paul, Christians say that we do not fulfill commandments to be saved. But that totally contradicts what Jesus Christ commanded in the Gospel, as Jesus teaches us that we must keep the commandments and so tells us:

"If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:16-22)

And the apostle John in his letters also tells us to keep the commandments of Jesus Christ:

"And by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments Whoever says., I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:3-4 )

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep his commandments, For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments.: And his commandments are not burdensome." (1 John 5:2-3)

As we see, Jesus Christ and the apostles teach us that we must keep the commandments of the Gospel, but the letters attributed to Paul contain difficult points that deny what Jesus and the apostles teach us, because those scriptures want us to see that Christians are not under the Act .. Here are some of those difficult points:

"But if you are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law." (Galatians 5:18)

This is what the letters say: that Christians are not under the law but that contradicts what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, as Jesus says that we keep his commandments and He will pray the Father to give us the Spirit of truth . So the Gospel says:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. ... The Spirit of truth." (John 14:15-16)

As we see, Jesus commands us to keep His commandments, that is, the commandments of the Gospel, as Christians we are free from many of the commandments of the Old Testament because Jesus Christ abolished, but even those commandments of the Old Testament were abolished, the Christian we are still taking law .. So YES wE HAVE LAW: the law and the commandments that Jesus gives us in the Gospel.

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." These words of Jesus Christ totally contradict those who say we are not under law but under grace and are also based on the letters attributed to Paul and say:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace." (Romans 6:14)

"Christ is you, whosoever of you are justified by the law have, have fallen from grace." (Galatians 5:4)

There are many who take and teach as doctrine the words Letters and preach that those at Grace have to keep the commandments of God, but those words from the letters contradict what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, for the Gospel teaches us the true Law of God that tells us so:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12)

And Grace teaches us that when we have this law of Jesus Christ is true. So the Gospel tells us:

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. 'Cause if you love those who love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also love those that love them." (Luke 6:31-36)

As we see, the doers of the Law of Christ are what have Grace, for the merciful commandments of Jesus are the true Law of God, Law that Jesus Christ revealed in the Gospel. Therefore, the Gospel tells us that Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ:

"For the law of Moses was given, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." (John 1:17)

Parts of the letters attributed to Paul who say we are not under law contradict other parts of the same letters that tell us that Paul was not without law of God but under the law of Christ, the Law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ:

"not being without law to God but under the law to Christ." (1 Corinthians 9:19-21)

Which is it? ... We do not have any Act or Law? ... These contradictions and difficult points of the letters have brought many contradictions Christians, for if Paul was under the Law of Christ, how is that other parts of the letters says: "you are not under law but under grace"? ...

And these letters are also contradict when they say that by the deeds of the law no flesh be justified, because in some parts the letters read:

"For by works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)

"Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified." (Romans 3:20)

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Romans 3:28)

This is what the letters say in these verses. However, in other parts of the letters tell us the opposite, as well say:

Which is it? ... Who are they justified? ... Why the works of the law shall no flesh be justified? ... Or the doers of the law shall be justified? ... Latter the letters say "the doers of the law shall be justified" is what matches what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, as in the case of works, the Gospel tells us so:

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he shall reward every man according to their works." (Matthew 16:27)

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming when all who are in the graves shall hear his voice, and they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life, those who have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." (John 5:26-29)

As we see, these teachings of the Gospel commands us to do good deeds to the resurrection of life out. And with these teachings of Jesus Christ who commands us to do good works, which perfectly matches the Apostle James tells us, as the Apostle states:

"But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in what he does." (James 1:25)

"My brethren, what if a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you will says: Go in peace, be warmed and filled, without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone "?. (James 2:14-17)

So Christians have God's commands that send us to good works, works of mercy. And good works are keeping the commandments of Jesus Christ to enter into life, as Jesus commanded in the Gospel:

.? "If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments He said: What Jesus said.... 'Do not murder Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy . neighbor as thyself the young man said.? All these have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will treasure in heaven. come, follow me and I Hearing the young man saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions "(Matthew 19:16-22)

And that is to be in the Grace: save the merciful commandments that Jesus taught us in the Gospel, because Grace is the mercy of God poured over their children, mercy gives us the true commandments of God, as we have seen. And also teaches us God's law, which tells us so:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." (Matthew 7:12)

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. 'Cause if you love those who love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also love those that love them." (Luke 6:31-36).

So, to be in grace, we must keep the commandments of God, because otherwise "what grace have ye?" ...

Elsewhere in the charts, the same Paul also tells us to keep the commandments of God:

"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God." (1 Corinthians 7:19).

If we keep the commandments of God, how the letters say elsewhere that "by works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)? ...

Those emperors of Rome who wanted to leave nullified the commandments of Jesus Christ and that this used the difficult points of the letters attributed to Paul, they forgot to delete these precepts of Paul himself telling us the opposite:

"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God" ... "not being without law to God but under the law to Christ."

The "Paulianists" should re-examine the lessons that have imposed some great religions and understand that Jesus Christ has commanded the preaching of death and slavery laws of the Old Testament, nor the difficult and contradictory points of the letters attributed to Paul. What preach Jesus Christ commanded all people was only the Gospel, with his law and his commandments:

"And this gospel of the kingdom in all the world for a witness unto all nations and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24.11 to 14).

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:15-16).

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always days until the end of the world. Amen. "(Matthew 28:19-20).

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Pescador thinks he is under Grace, but he has great confusion. Maybe he has not read what I answered, which I remember now:

The commandments of Jesus are the true commandments of God. And the commandments of the Old Testament that ordered men to apply death sentences, make wars and slavery, were not given by God. And those commandments are the law under which we are not.

You must not forget that Jesus quoted from the Old Testament certain commands, such as "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth", to abolish them because they were only precepts of men, since Jesus did not come to abolish the Law of God.

"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.' But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also....." (Matthew 5:...)

You must be careful with the letters attributed to Paul.

Doctrines "Paulianists" CONTRARY TO THE GOSPEL

Many, based on the dominant religious interpretations in the world and interpreted to taste the difficult points of the letters attributed to Paul, Christians say that we do not fulfill commandments to be saved. But that totally contradicts what Jesus Christ commanded in the Gospel, as Jesus teaches us that we must keep the commandments and so tells us:

"If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:16-22)

And the apostle John in his letters also tells us to keep the commandments of Jesus Christ:

"And by this we know that we know him, if we keep his commandments Whoever says., I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him" (1 John 2:3-4 )

"By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep his commandments, For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments.: And his commandments are not burdensome." (1 John 5:2-3)

As we see, Jesus Christ and the apostles teach us that we must keep the commandments of the Gospel, but the letters attributed to Paul contain difficult points that deny what Jesus and the apostles teach us, because those scriptures want us to see that Christians are not under the Act .. Here are some of those difficult points:

"But if you are led by the Spirit, ye are not under the law." (Galatians 5:18)

This is what the letters say: that Christians are not under the law but that contradicts what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, as Jesus says that we keep his commandments and He will pray the Father to give us the Spirit of truth . So the Gospel says:

"If ye love me, keep my commandments I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Counselor to be with you forever. ... The Spirit of truth." (John 14:15-16)

As we see, Jesus commands us to keep His commandments, that is, the commandments of the Gospel, as Christians we are free from many of the commandments of the Old Testament because Jesus Christ abolished, but even those commandments of the Old Testament were abolished, the Christian we are still taking law .. So YES wE HAVE LAW: the law and the commandments that Jesus gives us in the Gospel.

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." These words of Jesus Christ totally contradict those who say we are not under law but under grace and are also based on the letters attributed to Paul and say:

"For sin shall not have dominion over you, for you are not under law but under grace." (Romans 6:14)

"Christ is you, whosoever of you are justified by the law have, have fallen from grace." (Galatians 5:4)

There are many who take and teach as doctrine the words Letters and preach that those at Grace have to keep the commandments of God, but those words from the letters contradict what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, for the Gospel teaches us the true Law of God that tells us so:

And Grace teaches us that when we have this law of Jesus Christ is true. So the Gospel tells us:

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. 'Cause if you love those who love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also love those that love them." (Luke 6:31-36)

As we see, the doers of the Law of Christ are what have Grace, for the merciful commandments of Jesus are the true Law of God, Law that Jesus Christ revealed in the Gospel. Therefore, the Gospel tells us that Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ:

"For the law of Moses was given, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ." (John 1:17)

Parts of the letters attributed to Paul who say we are not under law contradict other parts of the same letters that tell us that Paul was not without law of God but under the law of Christ, the Law of the Spirit of life in Jesus Christ:

"not being without law to God but under the law to Christ." (1 Corinthians 9:19-21)

Which is it? ... We do not have any Act or Law? ... These contradictions and difficult points of the letters have brought many contradictions Christians, for if Paul was under the Law of Christ, how is that other parts of the letters says: "you are not under law but under grace"? ...

And these letters are also contradict when they say that by the deeds of the law no flesh be justified, because in some parts the letters read:

"For by works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)

"Therefore by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified." (Romans 3:20)

"Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law." (Romans 3:28)

This is what the letters say in these verses. However, in other parts of the letters tell us the opposite, as well say:

Which is it? ... Who are they justified? ... Why the works of the law shall no flesh be justified? ... Or the doers of the law shall be justified? ... Latter the letters say "the doers of the law shall be justified" is what matches what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel, as in the case of works, the Gospel tells us so:

"For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and then he shall reward every man according to their works." (Matthew 16:27)

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming when all who are in the graves shall hear his voice, and they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life, those who have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." (John 5:26-29)

As we see, these teachings of the Gospel commands us to do good deeds to the resurrection of life out. And with these teachings of Jesus Christ who commands us to do good works, which perfectly matches the Apostle James tells us, as the Apostle states:

"But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continues therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in what he does." (James 1:25)

"My brethren, what if a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, and one of you will says: Go in peace, be warmed and filled, without giving them the things needed for the body, what does it profit Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone "?. (James 2:14-17)

So Christians have God's commands that send us to good works, works of mercy. And good works are keeping the commandments of Jesus Christ to enter into life, as Jesus commanded in the Gospel:

.? "If thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments He said: What Jesus said.... 'Do not murder Do not commit adultery, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy . neighbor as thyself the young man said.? All these have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will treasure in heaven. come, follow me and I Hearing the young man saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions "(Matthew 19:16-22)

And that is to be in the Grace: save the merciful commandments that Jesus taught us in the Gospel, because Grace is the mercy of God poured over their children, mercy gives us the true commandments of God, as we have seen. And also teaches us God's law, which tells us so:

"And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. 'Cause if you love those who love you, what thank have ye? For sinners also love those that love them." (Luke 6:31-36).

So, to be in grace, we must keep the commandments of God, because otherwise "what grace have ye?" ...

Elsewhere in the charts, the same Paul also tells us to keep the commandments of God:

"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God." (1 Corinthians 7:19).

If we keep the commandments of God, how the letters say elsewhere that "by works of the law shall no flesh be justified." (Galatians 2:16)? ...

Those emperors of Rome who wanted to leave nullified the commandments of Jesus Christ and that this used the difficult points of the letters attributed to Paul, they forgot to delete these precepts of Paul himself telling us the opposite:

"Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing, but keeping the commandments of God" ... "not being without law to God but under the law to Christ."

The "Paulianists" should re-examine the lessons that have imposed some great religions and understand that Jesus Christ has commanded the preaching of death and slavery laws of the Old Testament, nor the difficult and contradictory points of the letters attributed to Paul. What preach Jesus Christ commanded all people was only the Gospel, with his law and his commandments:

"And this gospel of the kingdom in all the world for a witness unto all nations and then shall the end come." (Matthew 24.11 to 14).

"Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." (Mark 16:15-16).

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and lo, I am with you always days until the end of the world. Amen. "(Matthew 28:19-20).

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Soyeong. Did you understand the answer?:

You have to understand that everything in the OT was commanded by God and that Jesus said nothing to abolish anything in the OT.
That's not correct, because the Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel). And He abolished them because weren't God's commandments, but precepts of men.

The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples.

However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God, but precepts of men. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
1) Jews (under the Mosaic law)
2) Greeks, a.k.a., Gentiles (without the Mosaic law)

The Law that truly was given to Moses is the Law that Jesus teaches in the Gospel, and it was given forever and for all peoples.

But in the Old Testament there are many precepts of men. And nobody, neither Jews nor Greeks, nor Gentiles, nor any people of the world, is under the precepts of men written in the Old Testament.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums