Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Porque77 said:
That's your religious philosophy, but the Gospel is very clear and simple ... The Gospel commands men: "You shall not kill", forgive seventy times seven and have mercy on all. And this is the true law of God, and this is the law that God had given Moses. The commandments of death sentences and to hurt people, were only precepts of men. FredVB, did you read what I did answer you?
......Sacrifice that people of Israel were doing was what Yahweh used to show that valuable lives were lost because of sinfulness......
You say that God commanded sacrifices, but God did not command sacrifices. The prophets say that God didn't command sacrifices:

"Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat the flesh. For in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak to your fathers or command them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices". (Jeremiah 7: 21-22).

"To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?" (Isaiah 1: 11-12).

"Sacrifice and offering thou hast no delight in; Mine ears hast thou opened: Burnt-offering and sin-offering hast thou not required" (Psalm 40:6).

Hosea tells us: "for faithful love is what pleases me, not sacrifice; knowledge of God, not burnt offerings" (Hosea 6: 6).

Jesus also tells us: "And if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless" (Matthew 12: 7).

And the letter to the Hebrews also says:

"Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings thou hast not desired, but a body hast thou prepared for me; in burnt offerings and sin offerings thou hast taken no pleasure. Then I said, 'Lo, I have come to do thy will, O God,' as it is written of me in the roll of the book." When he said above, "Thou hast neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law)" (Hebrews 10: 5-10).

You see what a contradiction is found here between these earlier texts and laws on the sacrifices of the Old Testament, for there are whole chapters dedicated to sacrifices and burnt offerings, saying that God had commanded, however, the prophets tell us that God did not command sacrifices..., Jesus tells us that God does not want sacrifices... and the letter to the Hebrews says: "Thou hast neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law)".

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟968,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Acts 7:39-43 "Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly of God’s people in the wilderness, when the angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there Moses received life-giving words to pass on to us. But our ancestors refused to listen to Moses. They rejected him and wanted to return to Egypt. They told Aaron, ‘Make us some gods who can lead us, for we don’t know what has become of this Moses, who brought us out of Egypt. So they made an idol shaped like a calf, and they sacrificed to it and celebrated over this thing they had made.

Then God turned away from them and abandoned them to serve the stars of heaven as their gods! In the book of the prophets it is written,

Was it to me you were bringing sacrifices and offerings
during those forty years in the wilderness, Israel?
(Amos 5:25)

No, you carried your pagan gods—

the shrine of Molech,
the star of your god Rephan,
and the images you made to worship them.
So I will send you into exile
as far away as Babylon.’[fn]

The reason he handed them over... (turned away from an abandoned them to demons and what the demons "demanded" of God about them...)

(Isaiah 29:13) Therefore the Lord said:

“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me, (do not "know" me, therefore can not serve me or belong to me, but "must" serve, be handed over to another...)
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,

(Matthew 15:8) ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. (do not "know" me, therefore can not serve me or belong to me, but "must" serve, be handed over to another...)

(Mark 7:6) He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. (do not "know" me, therefore can not serve me or belong to me, but "must" serve, be handed over to another...)

About "fear"... These scriptures would seem to contradict each other, but they do not...

About the previous (Isaiah 29:13) "And their fear toward me is taught by the commandment of men..." (Jeremiah 32:40) ‘And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.

The fear God puts in you, is fear of not having him in your life, not being his, losing yourself to the world and it's ways without him in your life, fear of not having his Love, fear that causes you to "go to" him and want and desire him, vs. what some men teach, fear that makes you run away from and want nothing to do with him....

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟968,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
You say that God commanded sacrifices, but God did not command sacrifices. The prophets say that God didn't command sacrifices:

"Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat the flesh. For in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak to your fathers or command them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices". (Jeremiah 7: 21-22).

"To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats. When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?" (Isaiah 1: 11-12).

"Sacrifice and offering thou hast no delight in; Mine ears hast thou opened: Burnt-offering and sin-offering hast thou not required" (Psalm 40:6).

Hosea tells us: "for faithful love is what pleases me, not sacrifice; knowledge of God, not burnt offerings" (Hosea 6: 6).

Jesus also tells us: "And if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless" (Matthew 12: 7).

"Consequently, when Christ came into the world, he said, "Sacrifices and offerings thou hast not desired, but a body hast thou prepared for me; in burnt offerings and sin offerings thou hast taken no pleasure. Then I said, 'Lo, I have come to do thy will, O God,' as it is written of me in the roll of the book." When he said above, "Thou hast neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law)" (Hebrews 10: 5-10).

You see what a contradiction is found here between these earlier texts and laws on the sacrifices of the Old Testament, for there are whole chapters dedicated to sacrifices and burnt offerings, saying that God had commanded, however, the prophets tell us that God did not command sacrifices..., Jesus tells us that God does not want sacrifices... and the letter to the Hebrews says: "Thou hast neither desired nor taken pleasure in sacrifices and offerings and burnt offerings and sin offerings" (these are offered according to the law)".
Acts 7:39-43 "Moses was with our ancestors, the assembly of God’s people in the wilderness, when the angel spoke to him at Mount Sinai. And there Moses received life-giving words to pass on to us. But our ancestors refused to listen to Moses. They rejected him and wanted to return to Egypt. They told Aaron, ‘Make us some gods who can lead us, for we don’t know what has become of this Moses, who brought us out of Egypt. So they made an idol shaped like a calf, and they sacrificed to it and celebrated over this thing they had made.

Then God turned away from them and abandoned them to serve the stars of heaven as their gods! In the book of the prophets it is written,

Was it to me you were bringing sacrifices and offerings
during those forty years in the wilderness, Israel?
(Amos 5:25)

No, you carried your pagan gods—

the shrine of Molech,
the star of your god Rephan,
and the images you made to worship them.
So I will send you into exile
as far away as Babylon.’

The reason he handed them over... (turned away from an abandoned them to demons and what the demons "demanded" of God about them...)

(Isaiah 29:13) Therefore the Lord said:

“Inasmuch as these people draw near with their mouths
And honor Me with their lips,
But have removed their hearts far from Me, (do not "know" me, therefore can not serve me or belong to me, but "must" serve, be handed over to another...)
And their fear toward Me is taught by the commandment of men,

(Matthew 15:8) ‘These people draw near to Me with their mouth, And honor Me with their lips, But their heart is far from Me. (do not "know" me, therefore can not serve me or belong to me, but "must" serve, be handed over to another...)

(Mark 7:6) He answered and said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written: ‘This people honors Me with their lips, Buttheir heart is far from Me. (do not "know" me, therefore can not serve me or belong to me, but "must" serve, be handed over to another...)

About "fear"... These scriptures would seem to contradict each other, but they do not...

About the previous (Isaiah 29:13) "And their fear toward me is taught by the commandment of men..." (Jeremiah 32:40) ‘And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from doing them good; but I will put My fear in their hearts so that they will not depart from Me.

The fear God puts in you, is fear of not having him in your life, not being his, losing yourself to the world and it's ways without him in your life, fear of not having his Love, fear that causes you to "go to" him and want and desire him, vs. what some men teach, fear that makes you run away from and want nothing to do with him....

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Hi, Neogal. The scriptures teach that God did not want sacrifices and He did not command sacrifices. That is clear and simple, therefore the precepts commanding sacrificies in the Old Testament were not really given by God, but only they were precepts of men.

You did not reminded us the full quote of Mateo. Jesus said that the scribes were teaching precepts of men. The Gospel say so:

"Hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
This people honors me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.
But in vain they do worship me,
Teaching for doctrines commandments of men" (Matthew 15.7-9

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Neogala, did you understand me?

Hi, Neogal. The scriptures teach that God did not want sacrifices and He did not command sacrifices. That is clear and simple, therefore the precepts commanding sacrificies in the Old Testament were not really given by God, but only they were precepts of men.

You did not reminded us the full quote of Mateo. Jesus said that the scribes were teaching precepts of men. The Gospel say so:

"Hypocrites, well did Isaiah prophesy of you, saying,
This people honors me with their lips;
But their heart is far from me.
But in vain they do worship me,
Teaching for doctrines commandments of men" (Matthew 15.7-9

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 5:18 For truly I say to you, UNTIL BOTH HEAVEN AND EARTH DISAPPEAR, NOT THE SMALLESTLETTER, NOR THE LEAST STROKE OF A PEN, WILL BY ANY MEANS DISAPPEAR from the Law UNTIL EVERYTHING IS ACCOMPLISHED.
Hello, Flint. The Law that Jesus came not to abolish, from which shall pass not one jot or one tittle, is the Law of the Gospel, which is the true Law of God. But Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament (Matthew 5:31-48, Matthew 12:1-8, John 5:8-11, John 5:16-18, John 8:3-11 and the whole context of the Gospel). And He abolished them because weren't God's commandments, but precepts of men.

The Gospel says: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.... one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law" (Matthew 5:17-20) .

In these words are based many religions to tell us that Jesus Christ came not to abolish the commandments of the Old Testament, but that is a mistake because these gospel words do not refer to the law of the Old Testament, because Jesus Christ abolished many commandments of the Old Testament, as we see in Matthew 5: 21-48 and other parts of the Gospel.

The words of Jesus Christ in this famous verse (Matthew 5: 17), which tells us that He did not come to abolish the Law and the Prophets, refers to the true Law of God, which is the Law that Jesus Christ himself taught us in the Gospel. Jesus Christ teaches that the law and the prophets that He did not come to abolish is the following:

"All things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12) .

Therefore, this is the law that God gave to Israel because Jesus Christ himself says that "this is the law and the prophets". This is the law that remains in effect, that Jesus Christ came not to abolish ("Think not that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets"). And of this law did pass "not one jot not one tittle", of the Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel and that is the true Law that God gave to Moses.

Now I also remember the Law of Jesus Christ expressed in commandments, as the Gospel teaches:

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

And this law and these commandments are in effect for all peoples. However, no one is under the laws of the Old Testament that were abolished by Jesus Christ, because those laws were not true Law of God, but precepts of men. We are all under the Law and the commandments of Christ, which are the only true Law of God.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What about the law and prophets? Jesus said He came to fulfill the law and the prophets.
Jesus did not fulfill all commandments written in the Old Testament because many of these mandates were not commandments of God, were precepts of men. For example, the commandments that ordered to kill people throwing stones. Jesus did not fulfill these commandments.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can interpret the words of Jesus Christ as you want, but the Law of Christ is clear and simple.
And just what is that clear and simple "Law of Christ"? Please don't just quote a couple of verses out of context, explain what it means.
What do you mean when you say: "a couple of verses out of context"? I say that the Law of Christ is clear and simple, because it is the truth. Jesus Christ, when he preached the Gospel, taught us simple and commandments. You can see the law of Christ and his merciful commandment:

The Law of God taught by Jesus Christ:

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

Jesus teaches to a rich man, the precepts of the Law

"And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

These are the commandments of the Gospel, which are very different to the commandments of the Old Testament, for all the commandments of the Gospel are merciful, but many commandments of the Old Testament commanded death sentences, wars and slavery. And those commandments weren't really God's Law.

These commandmets of death sentences, wars and slavery aren't God's commandments.

Jesus Christ preached us the true God's Law, but Roma's emperors (emperor Constantine, IV century) don't wanted the Gospel's Law and they imposed the Old Testament's laws saying these laws were the God's commandments. Since then, the Gospel's Law was unknown to the christian people as the only God's Law and the God's true Law.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟968,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I think so, but did you understand what I was trying to say, that is that YHWH did order the sacrifices, but because of them not serving them in their hearts and serving demons instead, and the demons made demands of YHWH, made demands that, about a Holy unbreakable, and one of the Highest Laws of God's, That is, that blood must be shed, the taking of life must happen, something or someone living must, their blood must be shed and they die, for the remission of sin, or they would have to be killed or destroyed... If something ,or someone else living, did not die in their place for what they've done... the demons were rubbing that in God's face and backing him into a corner...

But, the sacrifice was because of a law that God made, but it was not "to" or "for" or because of him, but was for the purpose of settling cases with us, by the demons over and for our sin... Because of our sin, especially in the OT, the demons could back God into a corner, until Jesus blood was shed and he died, and those accepting him and what he did and Jesus Blood to cover their sin, the demons can not make demands about anymore or back God into a corner about, for those who profess Christ's shed blood for this (their sins)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟272,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Porque77 said:
You say that God commanded sacrifices, but God did not command sacrifices. The prophets say that God didn't command sacrifice.

You are pretty surely right about that, but I didn't say Yahweh certainly started sacrifices, and really doesn't need them, as Creator, and if the sacrifices or the blood from them was needed all the animals of the world belong to Yahweh and could be had. I said though that sacrifices were used, because all are worthy with their separation with life having sin of death, and to come to God there needs to be death of one on their behalf. Only that of Jesus who is Christ is effective for it. But Yahweh used sacrifices people did and probably would do to show what was needed for that essential faith that is through the coming Christ. Sacrifice apart from the faith is repulsive, sacrifice shouldn't still continue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟272,764.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Neogaia777 said:
I think so, but did you understand what I was trying to say, that is that YHWH did order the sacrifices, but because of them not serving them in their hearts and serving demons instead, and the demons made demands of YHWH, made demands that, about a Holy unbreakable, and one of the Highest Laws of God's, That is, that blood must be shed, the taking of life must happen, something or someone living must, their blood must be shed and they die, for the remission of sin, or they would have to be killed or destroyed... If something ,or someone else living, did not die in their place for what they've done... the demons were rubbing that in God's face and backing him into a corner...
But, the sacrifice was because of a law that God made, but it was not "to" or "for" or because of him, but was for the purpose of settling cases with us, by the demons over and for our sin... Because of our sin, especially in the OT, the demons could back God into a corner, until Jesus blood was shed and he died, and those accepting him and what he did and Jesus Blood to cover their sin, the demons can not make demands about anymore or back God into a corner about, for those who profess Christ's shed blood for this (their sins)...

I don't think it was Yahweh ordering sacrifices either, as people did that, with their wrong ideas of the greater supernatural, whether believing it was Yahweh God, or any other(s), needing it. But only the sacrifice of Christ who was to come, as the Redeeemer, was making it possible to come to Yahweh. God used the sacrifices that were being done, with making requirements, to show what was needed because of sins in the lives of everyone, to come to God, with enabling the essential faith. Since Christ came accomplishing it, no animals have to die for us, and killing is to come to a stop.

Demons weren't really in a position to back the almighty all knowing Creator into a corner. Yahweh always knew what was needed with causing creation. There is such great love from God.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Porque77 said:
I think so, but did you understand what I was trying to say, that is that YHWH did order the sacrifices......
Neogala, you should not assume that God did order the sacrifices, because Jesus taught that God did not want sacrifices, and the prophets said that God did not command sacrifices and did not want sacrifices. Jesus said:

"And if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless" (Matthew 12: 7).

And the prophets said:

"Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat the flesh. For in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak to your fathers or command them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices". (Jeremiah 7:21-22).

"for faithful love is what pleases me, not sacrifice; knowledge of God, not burnt offerings" (Hosea 6: 6).

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are pretty surely right about that, but I didn't say Yahweh certainly started sacrifices, and really doesn't need them, as Creator, and if the sacrifices or the blood from them was needed all the animals of the world belong to Yahweh and could be had. I said though that sacrifices were used, because all are worthy with their separation with life having sin of death, and to come to God there needs to be death of one on their behalf. Only that of Jesus who is Christ is effective for it. But Yahweh used sacrifices people did......
Hi Fred. What you say makes no sense. The sacrifices were not necessary because Jesus taught that God did not want sacrifices, and the prophets said that God did not command sacrifices and did not want sacrifices. In the previous answer you can see the scripture's quotes.

Jesus Christ is God who became man, and gave his life to show us the true commandments that were given by Him in Moses' time. And whith his example, giving his life without hurting men who hurt Him and led Him to death, and without revenge of them, He showed us what God wanted and what God had really ordered: love, mercy and forgiveness . This is what commanded the true Law of God, which is what Jesus taught us when He preached the Gospel.

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Fred. What you say makes no sense. The sacrifices were not necessary because Jesus taught that God did not want sacrifices, and the prophets said that God did not command sacrifices and did not want sacrifices. In the previous answer you can see the scripture's quotes.

Jesus Christ is God who became man, and gave his life to show us the true commandments that were given by Him in Moses' time. And whith his example, giving his life without hurting men who hurt Him and led Him to death, and without revenge of them, He showed us what God wanted and what God had really ordered: love, mercy and forgiveness . This is what commanded the true Law of God, which is what Jesus taught us when He preached the Gospel.
The only true law of God is what Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel. This is the law was given really to Moses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God used the sacrifices that were being done, with making requirements, to show what was needed because of sins in the lives of everyone, to come to God, with enabling the essential faith......
For God to forgive sins, He does not need that men make sacrifices. With the repentance, it is enough for God to forgive sins.

God did not use sacrifices and He did not command sacrifices because God does not want sacrifices and never wanted sacrifices for sins. Look what the scriptures say:

"Thus says the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel: "Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices, and eat the flesh. For in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I did not speak to your fathers or command them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices". (Jeremiah 7:21-22).

Jesus also tells us: "And if you had known what this means, 'I desire mercy, and not sacrifice,' you would not have condemned the guiltless"(Matthew 12: 7).

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And just what is that clear and simple "Law of Christ"? Please don't just quote a couple of verses out of context, explain what it means.
The clear and simple Law of Christ are the commandments that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel:

".....if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets" (Matthew 7: 12)

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
pescador said:
Pescador did you understand me?:

The clear and simple Law of Christ are the commandments that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel:

".....if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments. He saith unto him, Which? And Jesus said, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Honor thy father and mother; and, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. The young man saith unto him, All these things have I observed: what lack I yet? Jesus said unto him, If thou wouldest be perfect, go, sell that which thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me. But when the young man heard the saying, he went away sorrowful; for he was one that had great possessions" (Matthew 19: 16-22

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Pescador did you understand me?:

I believe I did. However I disagree with your interpretation of (archaic English) Scripture.

Jesus was telling a rich young Jew what he must do to "enter into life": keep the Old Covenant Mosaic Law. He cited six, but not all, of the Ten Commandments. (Did you notice that he left out the first and second?) It is too far a stretch to call this "the law of Christ" as 1) it doesn't refer to that "law", and 2) after the young man said he had kept those laws, Jesus told him to do more: sell his possessions.

Your second quote makes even less sense. Jesus said "this is the law and the prophets". He didn't say "this is my law" or anything close to it. He summarized the Old Covenant by saying if you do to others what you want them to do to you, you have captured the essence of what the Old Covenant says.

There is no "Law of Christ".

Upvote 0

Porque77

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
✟20,512.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I believe I did. However I disagree with your interpretation of (archaic English) Scripture.

Jesus was telling a rich young Jew what he must do to "enter into life": keep the Old Covenant Mosaic Law.
Jesus said: If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments. And the commandments that Jesus remembered are the true commandments that Moses received.

He cited six, but not all, of the Ten Commandments. (Did you notice that he left out the first and second?)
Jesus did not quote the commandment of not doing any work on the Sabbath, nor did he cite the commandment of not whish anything that his neighbor has, but told the rich man to sell everything he had and give it to the poor.

Your second quote makes even less sense. Jesus said "this is the law and the prophets". He didn't say "this is my law" or anything close to it. He summarized the Old Covenant by saying if you do to others what you want them to do to you, you have captured the essence of what the Old Covenant says.

There is no "Law of Christ".
The Law that Jesus Christ teaches us in the Gospel is the Law of Christ and is the true Law of God. And this Law that Jesus Christ taught us is totally contrary to the Old Testament commandments that commanded death sentences and allowed men to have other men as slaves. Those precepts contrary to the Law of Christ were not the true Law of God, but precepts of men.

And it is that the Law of God was changed by the scribes, as the prophets tell us:

"...but my people know not the ordinance of the LORD. "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie". (Jeremiah 8:7-8)

"Woe to those who give wicked laws and scribes who write tyrannical prescriptions to set aside the poor and violate the rights of the underdog of my people, to rob widows and orphans" (Isaiah 10.1 -2)

"And the land is defiled under its inhabitants, because they have transgressed the laws, changed the commandments, broken the everlasting covenant" (Isaiah 24: 5-6).

Upvote 0