Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Obviously overt hatred of another race or thinking them inferior to oneself because of their race is racism for almost anyone defining it.”racist”...
It is possible, as you mentioned, and as was stated by Dr. Thomas Sowell, to decide things on a racial basis without being a racist. It is, also, possible to be racist, and NOT have hatred, merely to think others are inferior. That is the pure definition of racism. There are people now who are sincerely racist toward black people, but may not really wish the blacks to be mistreated. They may think they are doing good by smoothing the way for the inferior peoples, by offering social welfare programs. Most in the elitist positions though, know they are simply exploiting the people for their own gain.

It is possible to recognize certain racial differences, make certain decisions about that, and not be racist. It simply means that one recognizes certain typical and cultural behavior, and decides some things accordingly. Dr. Sowell pointed that out in this interview:

Racism is a very general term that is often applied wrongly or defined wrongly to suit the intent of the person doing the accusing.

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Actually, it looked to me like AirPo was referring to the Confederate flag -- and I did accurately describe what it symbolizes, did I not?
If you look at post 471 and open my section - then look at what he said about what I said - it appears you were wrong.

He still hasn't said what he thinks the American flag symbolizes that isn't worth someone holding it dear.

But it really doesn't matter much at this stage I suppose. :)

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If you look at post 471 and open my section - then look at what he said about what I said - it appears you were wrong.

fair enough.

He still hasn't said what he thinks the American flag symbolizes that isn't worth someone holding it dear.

I would think regardless of what that flag symbolizes, people have the right to protest against it.

Upvote 0

AHH who-stole-my-name

in accordance with Christ
Jul 29, 2011
✟27,817.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Yeah I am starting to think that Democrat does not always mean liberal, and Republican does not always mean conservative., at least in the historical context. It seems like they swapped in the last 30-40 years.
No, they haven't swapped. They've found their niche and exploited it with the help of a load of mindless goosestepping morons that play with themselves in happy anticipation of the next distraction they can assail because their puppet masters point to somewhere and scream "EVIL!"

A couple of weeks ago a mad man slaughtered a group of black people in a church and is anyone concentrating on them or the fact that this monster got a gun with a criminal record. Oh, Hell no. We gotta go after a piece of crap cloth with images on them that people see a meaning to.

It gives good press. The politicians are all up in arms going after as much as they can to let everybody see them doing something for the sake of being seen. Lord knows you can't let and opportunity of a national tragedy go by without the grandstanders screaming in righteous indignation at low hanging fruit, with one eye on the pulse of the public lest they overextend themselves.

I can't stand this crap. People hating people because they perceive those people to be haters and the tit for tat dance goes on and on. Nobody seems to realize it's not what you hate that matters. It's the hate that condemns all of us and it's the need for revenge that guarantees we will be arguing this very same subject 200 years from now, if we don't blow ourselves to kingdom come. I'm no Christian, but I do believe that if we do take ourselves out that might be a blessing for the planet. We damned sure haven't done a stellar job of doing anything other than abusing everything, including ourselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0