Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

TALLAHASSEE, Florida — Flags could be the latest casualty in Florida’s ongoing culture wars.
Flags heralding support for LBGTQ pride, Black Lives Matter and even Donald Trump would have to be taken down in classrooms and government buildings across Florida under new legislation introduced Wednesday by House Republicans.
GOP lawmakers contend removing all flags with a political viewpoint is necessary to save students from being “subliminally indoctrinated” with critical race theory, Marxism and transgender ideology. The proposal would also ban the Confederate flag from these places.
“Our taxpayer dollars should not be subsidizing political speech in government buildings and classrooms,” said state Rep. David Borrero (R-Sweetwater), a co-sponsor of the legislation. “It’s time we stopped … local governments and public school teachers from using classrooms and governments buildings as their indoctrination pulpit.”
I actually agree with Republicans on this, but for different reasons. I would vote for this bill.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The school really has no business promoting political or religious ideas. But students could wear T-shirts with rainbows or whatever, and no one can legally stop them, so long as the message is not defamitory or obscene.

Of course, the muppets are now politically-incorrect in Florida...

History repeats:

Race-mixing, you know. Integrated neighborhood. Gov. Ron's next logical step after making Florida history teachers tell students that slavery actually had benefits for slaves.

Upvote 0