Which brings more joy to the world?

Which do you think brings more joy to the world?

• A belief in creationism.

• A knowledge of evolution.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Meshach

Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver Island
✟15,610.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
No they don't believe it do they? why should they? it's the biggest [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and bull story ever to be written, only a fool would even consider believing it.

1 Corinthians 1:18

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
First, I'd like to point out that many self-professing Christians aren't Christians at all. They may warm a pew for one hour on Sunday, but they don't know Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ doesn't know them. I say this for those who call God a liar about His Creation and believe Darwin first - all the while claiming to be Christians. God knows them that are His.

Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The day will come when Almighty God will lose His Patience and pour out His Holy Wrath. God laughs at the workers of evil and iniquity. God has good reason to laugh at those who take counsel against Him and mock Him. He is All Powerful and knows the ending.

Psalms 2:1-12 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, saying, 3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us. 4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision. 5 Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure. 6 Yet have I set my king upon my holy hill of Zion. 7 I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. 8 Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. 9 Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron; thou shalt dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel. 10 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. 12 Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Psalms 37:9-18 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. 10 For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be. 11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. 12 The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. 13 The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. 14 The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation. 15 Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken. 16 A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. 17 For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous. 18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

Psalms 59:8 But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen in derision.

It would be wise to repent before it's too late, but God also knows that many men aren't wise.

Upvote 0

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does that apply to you as well?

God knows, and it really doesn't matter what I say. However, my 24/7 testimony and life focus should give men a hint. It should be easily known that I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of the Grace of God, and I claim Jesus Christ as the Lord over my life. My testimony for Christ is the only thing that makes me concerned about what men think of me. Otherwise, I could care less what men think, especially those who mock God and His Word. I do care about what men think about God and His Word for their sake. Regardless, faith in Jesus Christ is the objective - certainly not faith in me. Trust Jesus Christ - not me.

Upvote 0
G

godsmission

I think its sad that Creationism and an insistence of personal inerrancy drives people like Godsmission so far from the Church.
No it's not sad at all in fact I feel as if I have been saved from religion because I was never in 'the church', religion has never been a part of my life, and I suspect the only reason you are in 'the church' is because religion has played a big part of your life, in your case 'the Christian church', which by the way could just as easily have been 'any church', you could have been raised a Mormon a Jew or a JW.

As they say, we are both Atheists, neither of us believe in 99.99% of Gods, in fact we only differ on one, I believe in one less God than you, unless you believe in Rama, then it would be two.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
G

godsmission

The day will come when Almighty God will lose His Patience and pour out His Holy Wrath. God laughs at the workers of evil and iniquity. God has good reason to laugh at those who take counsel against Him and mock Him. He is All Powerful and knows the ending.
Does this include the billions of people who believe in all of the other religions on this planet? the ones who do not bow down to your God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
I say this for those who call God a liar about His Creation and believe Darwin first
The problem is, if the bible is (literally) true, then God becomes the liar for putting all those fossils, sediments layers, etc in the earth to trick us.

Creationism is terrible theology. The way it mutilates the message of christianity is extremely amusing considering it's source.

Upvote 0

Cabal

Jul 22, 2007
London
✟30,012.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
First, I'd like to point out that many self-professing Christians aren't Christians at all. They may warm a pew for one hour on Sunday, but they don't know Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ doesn't know them. I say this for those who call God a liar about His Creation and believe Darwin first - all the while claiming to be Christians.

I'd watch who you call out as being not-Christian on CF, it's against board rules. There are plenty of theistic evolutionists on this board (myself included) who are quite certain of their salvation, maybe you should respect that?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The problem is, if the bible is (literally) true, then God becomes the liar for putting all those fossils, sediments layers, etc in the earth to trick us.
Show me a fossil from Genesis 1.

I'm sure somewhere on this Internet is a picture of one?

And while you're busy not doing that, please show me a sediment layer from Genesis 1.

And while you're busy not doing that, please show me an etc from Genesis 1.

Get busy --- you've got a lot of nothing to show me.

Just empty accusations.

Upvote 0
G

godsmission

And yet, that 'one less God' holds you guys' attention far more than all the other 'gods' put together.
No, that's what you would like to believe AV but you already know the real reason you have been told often enough, creationists and creationism are dangerous to the education of children, that's the ONLY reason you lot get any attention at all, leave children out of the mix and creationism would disappear overnight, it would be given the same attention all the other loony religions are given, none.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...leave children out of the mix and creationism would disappear overnight...
No children = zero population growth = extinction.

Therefore, everything would disappear "overnight".

Upvote 0

sbvera13

Mar 6, 2007
✟10,490.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
No children = zero population growth = extinction.

Therefore, everything would disappear "overnight".
There you go equivocating again. You are conflating "the education of children" with "the physical existence of children" and thinking it makes you look clever.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are no such evidences from Genesis 1. That's why I don't believe in it. But you already knew that.
Then I think we can agree that God did not put these fossils, sediment layers, and etc. in the earth --- right?

Remember saying this?

Creationism is terrible theology. The way it mutilates the message of christianity is extremely amusing considering it's source.

Upvote 0