Which brings more joy to the world?

Which do you think brings more joy to the world?

• A belief in creationism.

• A knowledge of evolution.

Results are only viewable after voting.

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟902,160.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Believing God and His account of His own Creation is the beginning knowledge of all truth. Only the Creator can answer all of the biggest and most important questions. God said that His Word would endure forever - it has - it will. God's Word Stands - man's folly falls. It's just as simple as this.

Isaiah 52:6-7 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I. 7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!

Romans 10:14-15 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Which in your opinion brings more joy to the world?
A belief in creationism or a knowledge of evolution?

It's a silly question. It does not matter which theory brings more "joy", but which is correct. Creationism was shown to be a false scientific theory by 1832, and is even worse theology.

I would note that, when creationism was the reigning scientific theory, people lived shorter, more brutish lives than they do now. As someone pointed out, the advances in medicine due to evolution alone have brought millions of people joy as they or their loved ones were cured of diseases.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So I was in my Christian Foundations class today, and my professor, who is a Doctor of Theology, has been a Methodist pastor for 17 years, and is now Dean of the School of Theology, told us in class today as we were talking about interpreting Scripture and how the New Testament Canon was developed:

"Now, obviously, for example, Evolution happened...."

Oh snap.

And my Anatomy Professor, who has her PhD in Biology, we were talking about human development in class, and she picked up her Bible and started discussing some theories about how us humans would have lost such an advantageous trait such as lots of body hair (since we were discussing the Arrector Pilli muscle, which causes goosebumps and is fairly useless with human's minimal body hair) and she read out of Genesis, then said:

"But, of course this is clearly allegorical..."

I thought I'd just submit that, I have two Christian professors with doctorates, in Theology and Biology who both are quite confident in the fact of Evolution. There was no disagreement in either class, by the way.

Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Believing God and His account of His own Creation is the beginning knowledge of all truth.

Which account are we supposed to believe? There are 3 accounts in Genesis and they contradict.

BTW, why are we not supposed to believe God's own Creation?

God said that His Word would endure forever - it has - it will. God's Word Stands - man's folly falls. It's just as simple as this.

And what is the Word in scripture? Is it scripture itself? It appears that you are engaging in some human folly here. At least. It appears that you are engaging in some violation of the First Commandment.

One piece of man's folly was creationism. God in His Creation showed it to be false. Too bad some people don't listen to God.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Believing God and His account of His own Creation is the beginning knowledge of all truth. Only the Creator can answer all of the biggest and most important questions. God said that His Word would endure forever - it has - it will. God's Word Stands - man's folly falls. It's just as simple as this.

I agree, too bad as a fallible human being none of us actually know God's pure Word, only our own interpretation of it. :thumbsup:

I also agree with you that man's folly falls. Radiometric dating, geology and the fossil record has shown that the man's folly known as Creationism falls:amen:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,921,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I didn't know the world could experience Joy.
I knew people could, but the planet:confused:?
Joy to the world, the Lord is come.
Let earth receive her King.
Let every heart, prepare Him room.
And Heaven and angels sing, and Heaven and angels sing,
And Heaven and Heaven and angels sing.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,921,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

lucaspa

Legend
Oct 22, 2002
New York
✟32,309.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Ya --- and we see how it affects them, too.

Look what it has done to you. It has led you into false idol worship. It's not too late to come back.

As to Romans 10:17, you seem to have skipped over Romans 10:9
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. "

THIS is the essence of Christianity. Not harping on the "word". Christianity is about a man, not about a book.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,921,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Christianity is about a man, not about a book.
Thank you.

And part of my worshipping that Man will include believing what He said He will do --- and what He did in the past.

To name a few: created the universe, sent a flood, walked on water, healed the sick and raised the dead.

All while writing 66 books in 1.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
No they don't believe it do they? why should they? it's the biggest [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] and bull story ever to be written, only a fool would even consider believing it.

I think its sad that Creationism and an insistence of personal inerrancy drives people like Godsmission so far from the Church.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you.

And part of my worshipping that Man will include believing what He said He will do --- and what He did in the past.

To name a few: created the universe, sent a flood, walked on water, healed the sick and raised the dead.

All while writing 66 books in 1.

That is your own personal interpretation of what He said. The majority of Christianity believes God used a somewhat more subtle mechanism then Creation Ex nihilo. Based on this thing called "Physical proof".

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,921,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is your own personal interpretation of what He said. The majority of Christianity believes God used a somewhat more subtle mechanism then Creation Ex nihilo. Based on this thing called "Physical proof".
Interesting word choice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟324,200.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
After reading through this thread and thinking a bit (Yes I know how dangerous that is when it comes to the internet) I decided that a belief in creationism brings far more joy into the world.

The OP did not say just who would gain the joy, and it is pretty obvious that there are many here who get great joy out of bashing and tormenting creationism and creationists.

Upvote 0

LifeToTheFullest!

May 12, 2004
✟6,295.00
Faith
Agnostic
After reading through this thread and thinking a bit (Yes I know how dangerous that is when it comes to the internet) I decided that a belief in creationism brings far more joy into the world.

The OP did not say just who would gain the joy, and it is pretty obvious that there are many here who get great joy out of bashing and tormenting creationism and creationists.
Yes, a bit like shooting fish in a barrel, isn't it?
:D

Upvote 0

Gracchus

Senior Veteran
Dec 21, 2002
California
Visit site
✟23,182.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0