Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
My Bible is falling apart so I don't use it too much. Prefer online so as not to disturb the old lady.

ETA: I don't even recall where I got my bible.
A yard sale maybe? An elephant sale at the Church? Just know I have had a while.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
It seems to me you want a Challoner. If you've ever seen an actual 1611 KJV it isn't even readable. Novelty collectors item.
I'm interested in owning one! Going to look up Challoner now!

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I'm interested in owning one! Going to look up Challoner now!
This is the best one I could find in terms of quality and price and features when I searched and bought mine. Saint Benedict Press.

Or

I bought the "leatherette". The other just says "leather" for $10 more. I assume it's genuine leather? I preferred the burgundy color.

Baronius Press also sells them, but it doesn't have red lettering for Christ and I wasn't happy with the quality of a NT I bought from them several years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
This is the best one I could find in terms of quality and price and features when I searched and bought mine. Saint Benedict Press.

Or

I bought the "leatherette". The other just says "leather" for $10 more. I assume it's genuine leather? I preferred the burgundy color.

Baronius Press also sells them, but it doesn't have red lettering for Christ and I wasn't happy with the quality of a NT I bought from them several years ago.
Thank you!! :)

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
So now I have:

Cambridge Cameo Reference Edition KJV with Apocrypha

Saint Benedict Press Douay Rheims Bible (Challoner Edition)

Thomas Nelson Orthodox Study Bible

Tyndale NLT Catholic Edition

The NLT is the daily reader in our house. It's not perfect by a long shot, but it does a good enough job at translating and making things very clear. It almost read like a novel.

After spending some time with the DR, I still prefer the KJV to it. I don't see anything wrong with the KJV for Catholics (make sure it has all the books), other than the choice being a pride issue, and that's fine. The KJV is more elegant and smooth, in my opinion. I also still stand by the Orthodox Study Bible being a great Bible for Catholics to have.

I'm glad, blessed, and fortunate to have what I have.

Reactions: Veloman
Upvote 0