Preston, Lancashire, UK
✟10,043.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Something is really bugging me. I remember as a kid hearing the following story. However I have read the whole new testament and cannot find this story anywhere. Is it from the Bible or was I mishearing?

A man asks either Jesus or God to show him what both heaven and hell are like. First he is shown hell. People are sat around a table full of delicious food. Despite this however everyone is starving. This is because people are forced to use spoons and forks with handles over 500cm long. Of course no one can use spoons with handles that long to feed themselves.

The man is then taken to heaven. There is the same table stuffed with nice grub and a load of people sat around it. they seem happy and are not starving and yet they have to use the same handled spoons/forks. But the man sees how they do this by the way they use the spoons. Instead of feeding themselves they pick up food on their spoon and place it in someone elses mouth. so they dont starve because they feed each other, and if they all help out every gets fed.

Now where in the Bible, if it is in the Bible, is the above story? If its not from the Bible then where is it from?

DanielRB

Slave of Allah
Jul 16, 2004
New Mexico
✟18,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Bonhoffer said:
Something is really bugging me. I remember as a kid hearing the following story. However I have read the whole new testament and cannot find this story anywhere. Is it from the Bible or was I mishearing?

A man asks either Jesus or God to show him what both heaven and hell are like. First he is shown hell. People are sat around a table full of delicious food. Despite this however everyone is starving. This is because people are forced to use spoons and forks with handles over 500cm long. Of course no one can use spoons with handles that long to feed themselves.

The man is then taken to heaven. There is the same table stuffed with nice grub and a load of people sat around it. they seem happy and are not starving and yet they have to use the same handled spoons/forks. But the man sees how they do this by the way they use the spoons. Instead of feeding themselves they pick up food on their spoon and place it in someone elses mouth. so they dont starve because they feed each other, and if they all help out every gets fed.

Now where in the Bible, if it is in the Bible, is the above story? If its not from the Bible then where is it from?
Hi Bonhoffer, :wave:

I believe this story is from the Talmud...ask at the MJ forum.

In Christ,

Daniel

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.