Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is a reference to a view of God wherein "heaven" is some place up in the sky, and God is conceived as basically an old man sitting on a chair in the sky.

The Scriptures, by contrast, tell us "the heavens, not even the heavens of heavens, cannot contain You" and "the heavens are Your throne, and the earth is Your footstool" and God is invisible and "dwells in unapproachable light" and also "Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from Your Presence? If I ascend to the heavens You are there, if I make my bed in the depths, You are there." God is bigger than the modern conceptions of popular culture and pop-religion.

-CryptoLutheran
I go by Kat Kerr who says she has been to Heaven and for her Heaven is a Galaxy in the Universe we live in. The Bible talks about the Kingdom of God. Jesus tells us to pray: Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done. In a Kingdom everyone does what the King says to do. So the first step to enter into the Kingdom of God is to do the will of God.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟111,675.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
God is bigger than the modern conceptions of popular culture and pop-religion.

-CryptoLutheran

God is bigger than the metaphors any culture can come up with. On the other hand, if the Bible is divinely inspired, the metaphors it contains are divinely authorised.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A Semite from the OT is a very different to a Semite that is alive now.
The Bible says that God knows the end from the beginning. Yes a Semite in the beginning is different from a Semite that is alive now. The Bible talks about 144,000 people 12,000 from each tribe that God will keep pure for Himself. The Semite people are more genetically pure then any other people. That means they do not marry non Semite people and they do not adopt non Semite people. Did you ever see the movie: "A stranger among us". That goes a long way toward explaining why they do not marry outside of their group. That is why the Semite people (like the Amish people) have a lot of inbreeding and the diseases that goes along with that. If you want healthy children you should marry someone that is as different from you as you can find. I went 12,000 miles to find a wife. The Hebrew - Semite people tend to stick to their own kind. Esp those that carry the Cohen-Levi gene. Those who are a direct descendant of Arron Moses brother. Of course everyone in the Middle East is a descendant of Abraham and either Sarah or Hagar the hand maiden of Sarah.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Is a reference to a view of God wherein "heaven" is some place up in the sky, and God is conceived as basically an old man sitting on a chair in the sky.

The Scriptures, by contrast, tell us "the heavens, not even the heavens of heavens, cannot contain You" and "the heavens are Your throne, and the earth is Your footstool"
That would fit with God being outside of our space..or heavens.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God is bigger than the metaphors any culture can come up with. On the other hand, if the Bible is divinely inspired, the metaphors it contains are divinely authorised.
As well as the record of creation that God gave through Moses and of which the New Testament and Prophets confirmed and Jesus verified they were all true.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
I was pretty clear that This whole exercise was to prevent the atheist views from misleading others. I can't be any more clear then that. And in that respect it is defending God and his word.

(Second quote reply)
Well surely you are a smart enough man to know that free speech is a two way street. however free speech is like most other actions people take. It comes with its own reactions. free speech comes at a price. it has consequences. Sure someone is FREE to say what they will about God.. But then, They have to deal with people like me who don't share their views ,and since we are talking about freedoms and free speech., Am I not free? to speak freely as I choose? when I choose? Or is free speech only for those who you would personally deem worthy of it?

You can try all day.. But I will be back later on, I have things I need to do. Just remember, if free speech is the the key note here, Then allow me to be free also..

All I am asking is that others have that freedom as well.

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟379,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I realize that I have sounded combative,

There is no way I will ever be able to pull your hand away from that stove eye, is there?

There are several kinds of people in this world, for an example, Here are two kinds. There are the kinds of people who would allow a child to burn themselves on a hot stove eye. and use the philosophy, that once they burn themselves they will understand and in the future, that child wont burn themselves again. However there are also people who would stop the child before they burned themselves, not wishing harm to come to the child, they would interfere... I am not your parent. and you are not a child. and the fires that will burn you are forever and they never stop hurting and I most certainly wont allow you to lead others to that stove eye to be burned..

But by my beliefs, you understand little about the fires that seek to burn you. I don't want you to learn that God was real the hard way. There are already enough people that will learn that way.. Think for yourself man,, don't follow in the footsteps of others. be original in your thoughts, be genuine in your actions.. . you have a soul. You may believe what you will. But by my beliefs. You have a soul. And I don't want you to burn.

I will fight and argue with people. just as there are many kinds of people in this world. there are also those kinds of people who would not pull their hands out of the fire just because someone politely asked them to. So those children would need a parental figure that is some what more stern. stern enough to smack their little hands away from that dangerous fire..

do you understand?

I am not your enemy, I never sought to be anyway. But, By being submissive and just allowing you to burn yourself, then I didn't do my job...

We all get your point. How to save the souls of non-believers would be a good discussion, but not in a Science forum. Start a new thread, maybe in Philosophy or E & M, and I'll glady respond. Actually, I'll look forward to it.

Upvote 0

keltoi

Jan 12, 2007
✟16,817.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Bible says that God knows the end from the beginning. Yes a Semite in the beginning is different from a Semite that is alive now. The Bible talks about 144,000 people 12,000 from each tribe that God will keep pure for Himself. The Semite people are more genetically pure then any other people. That means they do not marry non Semite people and they do not adopt non Semite people.
They don't adopt or marry non Semites?

Did you ever see the movie: "A stranger among us". That goes a long way toward explaining why they do not marry outside of their group. That is why the Semite people (like the Amish people) have a lot of inbreeding and the diseases that goes along with that. If you want healthy children you should marry someone that is as different from you as you can find. I went 12,000 miles to find a wife.
In some cases that is true but not in all. Thanks for telling us how far you went to find a wife, I fail to see how that really adds to this discussion but thanks anyway.

The Hebrew - Semite people tend to stick to their own kind. Esp those that carry the Cohen-Levi gene. Those who are a direct descendant of Arron Moses brother. Of course everyone in the Middle East is a descendant of Abraham and either Sarah or Hagar the hand maiden of Sarah.
How can everyone in the middle east be a descendant of Abraham? Were all the other people wiped out?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They don't adopt or marry non Semites?
Their haplogroup is much more pure then all the other groups. As I said with the Amish and Hebrew people there is a lot of inbreeding and a lot of disease from the inbreeding. Some diseases require both the parents to carry the DNA for that disease. That is why it is not a good idea for cousins to get married because of the problems you run into with inbreeding. This works in the wild also. If you have to small of a genetic pool then the species will not prosper as well. Bring in a mate from outside and your chance of a healthy offspring improves quite a bit. We really run into this in puppy mills. So if you ever want to buy a pet it maybe a good idea for you to understand what is going on here.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How can everyone in the middle east be a descendant of Abraham? Were all the other people wiped out?
The other people did not prosper the way Abraham did. As a general rule rich people have lots of children simply because they can afford to feed them.

Upvote 0

ScottA

Author: Walking Like Einstein
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2011
✟33,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay first let's establish some physics, There is Dimensional theory, And multiverse theory. This is legitimate theoretical physics and it is accurate.

Dimensional theory.

1-3 The first through the third dimensions are the dimensions we are already aware of, Height, Width, and Depth. We know these dimensions we live in them and use in our daily lives,

4th and 5th The fourth and fifth dimensions are Time and Space, and that is why you hear those two terms together so often, there is even a physical phenomenon known as space time, And it's really neat, I'd like to tell you all about it, But they are related, one is really the opposite of the other, or like the other side of a flipped coin, To explain, in math, We have terms, a very intermediate equation would be E=mc2 It basically means Energy is equal to mass, times the speed of light. Anyway, In math, one could say S=Ic2 Because Space s, And Time I are related in this same way. If you could travel back in time to yesterday, that is using the 4th dimension, Time,, But lets say you could travel back in time to any location you wanted, Like say, you could travel back in time to witness Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden.. This would be Space and Time, Both S and I. Fifth dimension..There is a point to this. I need to work my way up to multiverse theory, but to get there I need to explain dimensional theory..Ultimately, once you get to the sixth dimension.. Which occurs inside an event horizon, Like a black hole. Space and time are so distorted that all events in all times overlap one another, This is known as the sixth dimension. A dimension, That exists outside of this universe. for the record.. A dimension that exits in another realm.. If you are following the progression of dimensional theory. I applaud you. This is all incredibly difficult stuff to grasp, But it is believed, that within a black hole, space time becomes so distorted that it actually does tear open a hole to another universe.
This is when multiverse theory comes into play. Another universe? If there is one other universe, there must be other universes in other dimensions we have yet to discover, Does this not make sense? Multiverse theory, in a nut shell. If this information, (Which will check out against texts books and wikipedia, I know my physics,,) Helps anyone grasp what I'm getting at here, Then this was all worth it, On to my post,, Could heaven be in another dimension/ Universe? It seems like this physical universe we live in, is not the same realm as what God lives in,, no matter how far or how hard we look with telescopes we do not physically see God.. I Determine, Heaven is in another universe, And when we pass on,, We pass away from this universe, and into another one.

What do you guys think? Is Heaven in another Universe?
It's simple enough really...omnipresent, is omnipresent - everywhere.

Reactions: Shadowprophet
Upvote 0

keltoi

Jan 12, 2007
✟16,817.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Their haplogroup is much more pure then all the other groups. As I said with the Amish and Hebrew people there is a lot of inbreeding and a lot of disease from the inbreeding. Some diseases require both the parents to carry the DNA for that disease. That is why it is not a good idea for cousins to get married because of the problems you run into with inbreeding. This works in the wild also. If you have to small of a genetic pool then the species will not prosper as well. Bring in a mate from outside and your chance of a healthy offspring improves quite a bit. We really run into this in puppy mills. So if you ever want to buy a pet it maybe a good idea for you to understand what is going on here.
Now your talking about buying a dog to try and make your argument convincing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keltoi

Jan 12, 2007
✟16,817.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The other people did not prosper the way Abraham did. As a general rule rich people have lots of children simply because they can afford to feed them.
The 12 tribes of Israel are from Jacob, his sons and grandsons went to Egypt after selling their brother into slavery. For a short while the Hebrew people were respected because of Joseph and his ability that was given to him by God to interpret dreams. After this the Hebrews were treated as slaves yet they multiplied in very bad conditions. You are saying the exact opposite of this.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I go by Kat Kerr who says she has been to Heaven and for her Heaven is a Galaxy in the Universe we live in.
Ha. Was she married to Timothy Leary? Yeah right.
The Bible talks about the Kingdom of God. Jesus tells us to pray: Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done. In a Kingdom everyone does what the King says to do. So the first step to enter into the Kingdom of God is to do the will of God.
Jesus made that clear that the will of Hod is to believe on Him who He sent. That is doing the will of God....believing...getting saved. Any subsequent extra works are after the fact.

Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Heaven is second left, and then third right, until you come to the roundabout, and then it is straight ahead.
Actually God posted the sign clearly to get to heaven. It is on every corner and it says the same thing..."Jesus".

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

dad

Undefeated!
Site Supporter
Jan 17, 2005
✟25,524.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
? Then there are more kids per capita in say, the UK than Mexico?

Upvote 0