New England
✟15,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm kind of distressed by the current world situation, the trend toward communism & destruction of traditional institutions, & the given political destruction of the US. Why is not God helping us to overcome Satan? I definitely think that Satan is winning here on every corner & the faithful can't seem to build momentum. The Oct 7 attack certainly triggered this & to see the masses not align completely with Israel on this is bewildering. Putin marches on. The US is broke & so very toxic. We are losing our rights & traditions. So in doing some reading I'm trying to understand this Satan figure. What realm of angels of the nine was he from. Is this the serpent from Genesis or did it come much later? Why does not God send down Elijah? What is the purpose of people suffering--be it at the hands of terrorists, natural disasters, crime, disease, injury? Above all why do powers that be try to negotiate with the devil? You can't rehab something that is the genesis of evil.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟418,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It’s the end times we lose a bit of blessing but not our personal peace. But the times are distressing. It’s like a rest to see who will endure to the end. How much do you love God, how much can you take and still love Him. Distress provokes faith in the unbeliever, a last call if you will.

lucifer was the top most beautiful and and the music ministry. He got proud and wanted to be like God. God cast him out. He might have been the serpent, the impostor, the tempt or, disobeying God. He was really ungrateful. I think it’s in Hebrews. Suffering is a test of faith. You can have joy anyway, God wants us to.

We can witness the will of God now. One world religion and gov. And prophecy being fulfilled, wars and rumors of wars. God is in control, not causing it all but it mans rebellion. Man w/o God. Satan is in Gods control too. He can only do what God allows. So yes people are tempted of Satan into unbelief and rebellion. He is the god of this world. Elijah is coming during the Great Tribulation. But God is victorious. And many Christians won’t even be here for most of it.

what do you think… are we going to have Eze 38&39 war now. Tragic but necessary.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I'm kind of distressed by the current world situation, the trend toward communism & destruction of traditional institutions, & the given political destruction of the US. Why is not God helping us to overcome Satan? I definitely think that Satan is winning here on every corner & the faithful can't seem to build momentum. The Oct 7 attack certainly triggered this & to see the masses not align completely with Israel on this is bewildering. Putin marches on. The US is broke & so very toxic. We are losing our rights & traditions. So in doing some reading I'm trying to understand this Satan figure. What realm of angels of the nine was he from. Is this the serpent from Genesis or did it come much later? Why does not God send down Elijah? What is the purpose of people suffering--be it at the hands of terrorists, natural disasters, crime, disease, injury? Above all why do powers that be try to negotiate with the devil? You can't rehab something that is the genesis of evil.

A stranger came to town looking for God,

he stopped a man on the street,

"I will give you one gold coin if you tell me where I can find God"

The man on the street,

"I will give you two gold coins, if you can tell me where He is not."

A woman gave birth to a wonderful little girl, she was the delight of all who saw her, however she died when she reached five years old.
Obviously her mother was in a state of distress.

"Why, why," she cried out to the heavens.

A voice from above asked her what she would have said if she had been asked, if she would give birth to a wonderful lttle girl, but she would only live for five years.

"No,no,no!" she cried out
The voice from above said,

"I know, that is why I never asked you."

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God is in control. A lot of us are concerned about the world and evil becoming more prevalent. However, God told us it would be this way.

Satan was defeated on the cross ... the war has been won. We are just waiting until the Lord returns to pick up all the survivors (1st resurrection)

His word tells us what is going to happen and it is going to get way worse as time goes on ... even so .... we remain faithful to Him.

Jesus said it would be like in the days of Noah ... so what was that like?

In Genesis 6: the story of Noah. God told him to build an enormous ark (Genesis 6:14) so he, and anyone else who believed God’s warning, would be safe from the terrible flood that would wipe out everything on the earth.

“The Lord saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually” (Genesis 6:5).

And God said to Noah, ‘I have determined to make an end of all flesh, for the earth is filled with violence through them. Behold, I will destroy them with the earth. … I will bring a flood of waters upon the earth to destroy all flesh.” (Genesis 6:13, 17, ESV).

The world is most certainly progressing into that condition ... and it is escalating (like birth pangs)

No matter what man may do to try and address the various happenings on planet earth is to no avail ... what God says is what will happen.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
USA needs to repent. Since many only do that when there is distress. So more distresses and more repentance I think is what is ahead. It was basically prophesied, the beginnings of birth pangs: wars, famine, pestilence etc. I believe we are soon transitioning to the end times. Every transition has lots of conflict and death from what I read in the bible. You just have to fix your eyes on Jesus. I always like this scripture though it is hard to do in practice. From Isaiah 33
He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil; 16 He shall dwell on high: his place of defence shall be the munitions of rocks: bread shall be given him; his waters shall be sure. 17 Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty: they shall behold the land that is very far off.

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm kind of distressed by the current world situation, the trend toward communism & destruction of traditional institutions, & the given political destruction of the US.

I'm sorry, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with the world. So things suffer and die... so what? That's life. It has a beginning, a middle, and an end... and you have no idea what's gonna happen between the first one and the last one, and that's awesome. The fact that it's not the idyllic garden that you want it to be isn't a flaw, it's what makes it so darn precious. And what makes your life so darn precious in particular is what you choose to do with it. Sit around and moan about it if you want to, that's your choice, or suffer the iniquities, and fight the injustices with the honor and courage that befit the gift that you've been given.

You've been given life, the glory of it isn't to be found in how easy it is, it's to be found in how nobly you live it. So walk around blaming Satan if it makes you happy, but if a judgment day should indeed come you won't be called to answer for what Satan did, you'll be called to answer for what you did. Here's hoping that your testimony will be amazing.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,833.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
A stranger came to town looking for God,

he stopped a man on the street,

"I will give you one gold coin if you tell me where I can find God"

The man on the street,

"I will give you two gold coins, if you can tell me where He is not."

A woman gave birth to a wonderful little girl, she was the delight of all who saw her, however she died when she reached five years old.
Obviously her mother was in a state of distress.

"Why, why," she cried out to the heavens.

A voice from above asked her what she would have said if she had been asked, if she would give birth to a wonderful lttle girl, but she would only live for five years.

"No,no,no!" she cried out
The voice from above said,

"I know, that is why I never asked you."
That story makes the "voice from above" sound exceedingly cruel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
In reality, there are no "voices" taunting the grieving from "above".
High, higher, highest.

If you are on a certain level and a certain entity is on a higher level,
that entity is "above" you.

That entity is the One Reality in we which all stand.

May also be called Truth, Truth cannot die.

We see a body placed in a hole in the ground and we must mourn,

that is only part of this worlds falseness.

if a person is one with Truth they cannot die either, they pass on.

Still active in the world but even more so.

BTW what has that silly picture to do with the price of fish?

Upvote 0

partinobodycular

Jun 8, 2021
partinowherecular
✟88,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In reality, there are no "voices" taunting the grieving from "above".

Except the one in their head... which some people freely take advantage of... getting people to first condemn themselves, along with everyone else, and then to conveniently offer them salvation... from a threat that's now living rent free inside their head.

So that voice is indeed there, it's just their own.

• Agree
Reactions: Nithavela
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟651,933.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Except the one in their head... which some people freely take advantage of... getting people to first condemn themselves, along with everyone else, and then to conveniently offer them salvation... from a threat that's now living rent free inside their head.

So that voice is indeed there, it's just their own.

When we read a book, post, article, we hear what the author is saying, though we do not hear a sound.

Upvote 0