Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God blessed Adam and Eve in Genesis 1:
28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number;​

From the beginning, Adam and Eve will be fruitful in terms of children.

Genesis 3:
20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.​

All humans will come from her. Some years later, Cain killed Abel.

Genesis 4:
25 Adam made love to his wife again, and she gave birth to a son and named him Seth, saying, “God has granted me another child in place of Abel, since Cain killed him.”​

Genesis 5:
3 When Adam had lived 130 years, he had a son in his own likeness, in his own image; and he named him Seth.​

Cain and Abel were born before Year 130. Given that they were fruitful, it was likely that other children were born during this pre-Seth century as well.

After Cain murdered Abel, God declared Cain to be a fugitive. Cain responded in Genesis 4:
14 "Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence; I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.”​

Who was Cain worried about?

His close relatives.

Genesis 4:
16 So Cain went out from the Lord’s presence and lived in the land of Nod, east of Eden. 17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch.​

Cain married one of the females born in the last one hundred years or so. She could be his sister, niece, or grandniece. Cain could not have married any of his cousins because they didn't exist. Cain didn't have any grandparents.

Paul affirmed in Acts 17:
26 And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place.​

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
His close relatives.
Do you know why this does not work? It does not work because it means many generations of Adam's decedents were cast out before Cain.
So it is better to call them, those who are not "sons of God". Lets take the Homo neanderthalensis as an example. Their DNA is different from ours though their DNA can be found in modern humans. Why? Because these types of human creatures lived along side Homo Sapiens and procreated with them as Cain did. This is my take. It just makes more sense to me.
Blessings

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
13 And Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear! 14 Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.”

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
13 And Cain said to the Lord, “My punishment is greater than I can bear! 14 Surely You have driven me out this day from the face of the ground; I shall be hidden from Your face; I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond on the earth, and it will happen that anyone who finds me will kill me.”
The above verse does not say that people were cast out before Cain. A chapter earlier in Gen 3:
23 the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. 24He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.​

Everyone was cast out of the Garden. Over the next century, cliques were formed in different areas of the land/earth.

Then God punished Cain to be a wanderer over the land. He would run into unfriendly strangers who were his relatives. But God promised him that they would not kill him. That's how I understand it.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The above verse does not say that people were cast out before Cain. A chapter earlier in Gen 3:
23 the LORD God sent him out from the garden of Eden to work the ground from which he was taken. 24He drove out the man, and at the east of the garden of Eden he placed the cherubim and a flaming sword that turned every way to guard the way to the tree of life.​

Everyone was cast out of the Garden. Over the next century, cliques were formed in different areas of the land/earth.

Then God punished Cain to be a wanderer over the land. He would run into unfriendly strangers who were his relatives. But God promised him that they would not kill him. That's how I understand it.
I can't see how strangers are also family members. Nonetheless, these strangers are not " sons of God" which clarifies who the men are that fathered the "daughters of men" and the " sons of God" who fathered generations of evil people. This is my conclusion and understanding rather than accepting angels.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They were not family members. They were nephews, nieces, grand nephews, great-grand nephews, over the last 100 years.

What sons of God? This term does not appear until several centuries later.
Like I said previously, I dont think any of the people who could potentially cause harm to Cain were in any way related to the Adam lineage. I suspect they are other species of humans like the Neanderthals. All of Adam's lineage are " sons of God" the rest are men not of this lineage in other words, not made in God's image. I connect Cain to the lineage that was destroyed in the flood. Sorry to pile this up but this how I connect that fact that Cains wife was not his sister or cousin etc. as your OP indicates.
In full disclosure, this is pure speculation on my part since there is little or no clarity in scripture concerning this subject.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Cain is in the lineage of Adam. Cain killed his brother.

See Adam, Eve, and Evolution and follow up there.
Correct. Cain is in the lineage of Adam . The people who Cain was" affraid" of ( I speculate) were not. Cain found his wife among these people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why speculate against Acts 17:
26 he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth.​

Why not if these were the only choice?
Paul is speaking in generalities and in unity. We know through DNA evidence that Neanderthals differ from Homo Sapiens. There is much debate and I have an open mind when it comes to human history. Anyway, this is my last post on this subject as it is speculative on my part . As I maneuver through the pages of scripture and scientific discoveries I will come to a more comfortable conclusion. Thanks for engaging!

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Who was Cain worried about?

His close relatives.
Eve had the breath of life. There were gentiles alive at the time that did not have the breath of life. Although science tells us there is a matriarch for the human race. Eve is matriarch for the Jewish people. Cain was cut off and he has no descendants today, so he could have married anyone alive at that time. Seth would have had to marry his sister. The Jewish people today have a lot of problems with inbreeding.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve lived 6,000 years ago. 500 years ago, when Bishop Ussher wrote his book, science knew nothing about anything before that date in time. Now science knows a LOT more. Everyone has their own way of dealing with that.

Upvote 0

tonychanyt

24/7 Christian
Oct 2, 2011
Toronto
Visit site
✟84,092.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adam and Eve lived 6,000 years ago. 500 years ago, when Bishop Ussher wrote his book, science knew nothing about anything before that date in time. Now science knows a LOT more. Everyone has their own way of dealing with that.
Right. What is your way?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Right. What is your way?
I see no conflict between Science and the Bible. Even though Science tells us that Adam had a belly button. Tyson and Sagun tell us that it took God 12 billion years to create Adam. (Hosts cosmos) That is why we are the universe and the universe is us. God “formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul” Where did the "dust" come from?

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟72,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I think my explanation is more elegant :)
For me it is awesome that it took 12 billion years. It gives me a feeling for how amazing God is and so far beyond us mere humans. A day for us is a 24 hour day. A day for God could be 5 Billion years, according to Schroeder.

If you go far enough north a day at times is 24 hours of light and then there are days with 24 hours of darkness. We are told to walk in the full light of day and not in the darkness. The Bible is literal and at the same time, the Bible is symbolic. People that live in 24 hours of darkness struggle with that.

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin." (1 John 1:7, NIV)

Here, walking in the light symbolizes living in accordance with God's truth, righteousness, and moral principles. It implies living honestly, with transparency, and seeking to follow God's will. On the other hand, walking in darkness represents a life of sin, deceit, and rebellion against God.

Upvote 0