Where are the human bones and remains from the flood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Lady Kate

genez said:
Well, if one were wise about Bible matters? They would know that the 'heart' the Bible speaks of is our soul activity tobe found in the brain. Not the chest cavity. The pump in our chest does not think.

Mark 2:8 niv
Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things?

Many Christians get their emotions and thinking process mixed up over this issue because we do not have the same word usage today.
Yet another in a long series of strikes against literalism. :wave:

Upvote 0

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
The heart mentioned in the Bible 99.99% of the time, is not about the physical 'pump.' The heart of man (Biblically) is where in our soul we process our knowledge stored the the nous, and then circulates it as life giving properties throughout our whole being. The heart is what motivates us. The nous is a gathering place for what we will think with.

how the ancients viewed the various organs of the body is an interesting topic. however no one, AFAIK, realized that thoughts happened in the brain, it was a 'waste' organ to the Egyptians and thought to be a blood heat radiator upto near modern times.

nous is a Greek word and conception not Hebraic, AFAIK the heart was the seat of the soul for the ancient Hebrews although emotions were thought to originate in the liver..

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lady Kate said:
Possibly. And Thomas still got to see that Jesus was alive and well. No need to tack on extra miracles to make Jesus sound more amazing than he already was.

Where does it say in the Bible that it was a miracle? Why is that a miracle? Maybe Thomas was hallucinating? And, never knew he was? It may have been his first hand account given later on, and no one questioned it. How do we know it really happened that way?

How do we know the doors were locked?

How do you know that cats were burned? May that was story was created by a witches anti defamation league, and really did not happen that way?

How do we know anything?

How do we know what "know," means?

Know what I mean?

My lips are sealed...... But, somehow? Jesus just got out.

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lady Kate said:
Indeed, maybe. Jesus wasn't omniscient... there were a few facts that the Father knew that the son did not... the exact date and hour of Christ's return: did Jesus know that?

After Jesus shouted out on the Cross, "It is Finished!"?

From that point on? God no longer had to live as a man.

Christ is now our God to us. The Father is now behind the scenes and has placed Christ Jesus in control over all creation. All authority in Heaven and earth has been given to Him.

Matthew 28:18 niv
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

He did not have that BEFORE the Cross.

God had to come as a man, so he could die in man's place. But, now? After He finished his work? All there is to ever know about God? Is now manifested fully and expressed through Christ Jesus.

Jesus is now omniscient. Before? He had to become as a man and deny himself of his own Deity's power.

Philippians 2:5-8 (New International Version)
"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

That was before the Cross. He finished his work on the Cross. He no longer had to deny himself of his own Deity's powers. After the Cross?
Colossians 2:9 niv
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form."

After the Cross? He was no longer to be seen as a man any longer.

2 Corinthians 5:16 (New American Standard Bible)
"Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer."

That is why Thomas exclaimed that Jesus was his God (Jehovah)!

Indeed...burning witches and killing cats to cure plagues... sound familiar?

And? Some believe that if we accept the theory of Evolution it will successfully explain the mystery of the fossils. Amazing how man can be so wrong in the same ways, as history repeats itself.

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

genez said:
Where does it say in the Bible that it was a miracle? Why is that a miracle? Maybe Thomas was hallucinating? And, never knew he was? It may have been his first hand account given later on, and no one questioned it. How do we know it really happened that way?

Could be...

How do we know the doors were locked?

We don't. The account says the doors were locked, and we choose to believe it.

How do you know that cats were burned? May that was story was created by a witches anti defamation league, and really did not happen that way?

That "league" would have to have been in cahoots with the Church and civil authroities of the time, who confirm that such things did take place.

Again, we choose to take their word for it.

How do we know anything?

Now you're getting into some existential Matrix-type questions. Are you ready to question reality just to defend your idea that Jesus walked through a wall?

(not to say that reality shouldn't occasionally be questioned... but make sure you don't lose sight of why you're doing it.)

How do we know what "know," means?

Now you're playing petty semantics. Is there a point to this?

Know what I mean?

I think you're saying that there's a point where we need to stop asking questions and accept things as they are told to us... I hope I'm mistaken in my interpretation, considering the timing of your point here.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

genez said:
After Jesus shouted out on the Cross, "It is Finished!"?

From that point on? God no longer had to live as a man.

Christ is now our God to us. The Father is now behind the scenes and has placed Christ Jesus in control over all creation. All authority in Heaven and earth has been given to Him.

Matthew 28:18 niv
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me."

He did not have that BEFORE the Cross.

Agreed. But how is this relevent?

God had to come as a man, so he could die in man's place. But, now? After He finished his work? All there is to ever know about God? Is now manifested fully and expressed through Christ Jesus.

Jesus is now omniscient. Before? He had to become as a man and deny himself of his own Deity's power.

Philippians 2:5-8 (New International Version)
"Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God,
did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
but made himself nothing,
taking the very nature of a servant,
being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man,
he humbled himself
and became obedient to death—
even death on a cross!

That was before the Cross. He finished his work on the Cross. He no longer had to deny himself of his own Deity's powers. After the Cross?
Colossians 2:9 niv
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form."

After the Cross? He was no longer to be seen as a man any longer.

2 Corinthians 5:16 (New American Standard Bible)
"Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh; even though we have known Christ according to the flesh, yet now we know Him in this way no longer."

That is why Thomas exclaimed that Jesus was his God (Jehovah)!

A lot for Thomas to digest at the time. If we look at the actual event, it reads more like Thomas, through seeing Jesus alive and well after having seen him die on the Cross, now believed his fellow apostles and knew, from first-hand knowledge, that Jesus was what he had always said he was.

And? Some believe that if we accept the theory of Evolution it will successfully explain the mystery of the fossils. Amazing how man can be so wrong in the same ways, as history repeats itself.

Whoa... not even close to the point. There's nothing "supernatural" about evolution... which is why many creationists hate and fear it so.... just as there was nothing "supernatural" about the Black Plague, even though people thought there was a supernatural cause, and sought supernatural remedies...making it a bad time in history to be either a woman or a cat.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Floodnut said:
Woo hoo! such a scholar, but doesn't understand appositives. The Bible is not God, and though God is Love, Love is not God.

Well that sort of works logically...

but this doesn't sound right theologically. God is Love - but if Love is not God, then Love can exist outside of God. Does that work?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lady Kate said:
Whoa... not even close to the point. There's nothing "supernatural" about evolution...

Well? You are saying that God is not behind evolution?

which is why many creationists hate and fear it so....

I am not YEC. I do not like how they think. Yet?

I do not fear TOE. I think of it no more than the likes of Jehovah Witnesses denying the Deity of Christ with their set of rationales.

I do not fear it. I do hate it, though. For it is a lie that defames my LORD and Savior. It calls him a liar.

just as there was nothing "supernatural" about the Black Plague, even though people thought there was a supernatural cause, and sought supernatural remedies...making it a bad time in history to be either a woman or a cat.

The problem back then was that the general population was totally ignorant of sound Bible teaching. They were living according in many ways according to Christianized pagan fables and false teachings coming from the existing church. That was the problem. Garbage in. Garbage out.

Ironically, though. It was when the Biblical teaching on quarantine was noticed and followed? That's when the Black plague began to come under control. Men did not yet know what germs were. They simply followed the Word of the One who does know what germs are. That is why faith protects. What man does not yet know. God does. But, if we see reason to find fault with God's Integrity? We will doubt God's Word that saves when it is properly understood.

Evolution is a way of finding fault with God's Word. It calls God's Word a lie. Pagan stories.

This is solely my opinion...YEC's are jerks to me. Are they, to you?

Yet, that is no reason to find fault with God's Word.

YEC's are not God's Word!

Yet? Evolutionists continuously use the stupidity of YEC's for the impetus they find in justifying their stand.

That impetus self evident by how I always see YEC's being slammed by evolutionists, even after I tell them I am not YEC. Happens all the time.

Now? If you want to see something that makes YEC's angry? Because it turns on a light in the room, and exposes them with their pants down?

Look here. Read and discover that God's Word is not what the YEC's tell us it is (who live by tradition and emotion) and refuse to keep a heart that is willing to be corrected when shown what the Word of God says in the Original Languages!

It may take a little time to load. But, this was written by a scientist who spoke several languages.

http://www.custance.org/Library/WFANDV/index.html

Here is one snippet of his qualifications:

1955 - 1970: Research scientist in human thermoregulation, Defence Research Board, Government of Canada, Ottawa

Bio found here:

http://www.custance.org/insight.html

He reveals in his book that the much disdained (by YEC's) GAP theory was not something that Bible scholars put together when Darwin became popular, as a means to counter the theory of Evolution.

But, rather, it was a teaching that was rediscovered at that time. For scholars throughout the centuries had been hitting upon this factor long before Darwin was born. They just could not see the relevancy to what they were seeing the the Original languages. It was after the fossil evidence was presented, that finally what scholars had been seeing in the past, finally began to take form!

YEC's hate this teaching. They lie about it. They dismiss it.

Check it out, and learn that there is more than simply, YEC vs TOE.

Fortunately for me. I was introduced to the GAP theory from the beginning of when I ventured out to study the Bible. Because I was shown this teaching, I avoided lot's of mental gymnastics, and a clinging to "the cause," emotionally.

There is an answer. And, its not what most suspect.

The truth will not be with the majority. It begins with a minority. If it ever makes it to the majority, it indicates a true time of Revival. Revival, as in when one has fainted and is revived.

For, that is what Revival really means. The Body of Christ has been sick and weak spiritually up until when God gives her revival.

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

genez said:
Well? You are saying that God is not behind evolution?

I never said that. Of course God is the guiding force behind evolution... He just chooses to work within the natural laws that He set... you know He is allowed to do that.

Think of it like Charles Darrow... the inventor of the game Monopoly. If you played against him, he'd probably win, since he did write the rules. But he wouldn't win because he'd change the rules whenever he wanted to, but because he knew the game that well.

I am not YEC. I do not like how they think. Yet?

I do not fear TOE. I think of it no more than the likes of Jehovah Witnesses denying the Deity of Christ with their set of rationales.

I do not fear it. I do hate it, though. For it is a lie that defames my LORD and Savior. It calls him a liar.

And beneath it all, the mountains of scientific evidence supporting it. People fear what they do not understand, and they hate what they fear.

Evolution is a way of finding fault with God's Word. It calls God's Word a lie. Pagan stories.

It does no such thing. It merely points out the faults of a literal interpretation of the Bible.

This is solely my opinion...YEC's are jerks to me. Are they, to you?

I wouldn't go so far, but I've generally found many to be a disagreeable sort.

Yet, that is no reason to find fault with God's Word.

With Christ. Agreed.

YEC's are not God's Word!

Don't tell me, tell them. Biblical literalism is not "God's Word" either.

Yet? Evolutionists continuously use the stupidity of YEC's for the impetus they find in justifying their stand.

and YECs use their own hatred and fear, not just of evolution, but of anything not a part of their own worldview... and it's easy to understand why.

YEC is a Fundamentalist position. And any form of Fundamentalism (in any religion or philosophy) is at least as much a position against something as it is in favor of something. Fundamentalism is a choice to define oneself according to one's enemies.

This is solely my opinion... defining oneself according to what you hate doesn't seem very Christ-like to me.

That impetus self evident by how I always see YEC's being slammed by evolutionists, even after I tell them I am not YEC. Happens all the time.

And what are they slammed with? What seems to be the weapon of choice among "evolutionists"?

Now? If you want to see something that makes YEC's angry? Because it turns on a light in the room, and exposes them with their pants down?

Look here. Read and discover that God's Word is not what the YEC's tell us it is (who live by tradition and emotion) and refuse to keep a heart that is willing to be corrected when shown what the Word of God says in the Original Languages!

It may take a little time to load. But, this was written by a scientist who spoke several languages.

Here is one snippet of his qualifications:

Bio found here:

http://www.custance.org/insight.html

He reveals in his book that the much disdained (by YEC's) GAP theory was not something that Bible scholars put together when Darwin became popular, as a means to counter the theory of Evolution.

But, rather, it was a teaching that was rediscovered at that time. For scholars throughout the centuries had been hitting upon this factor long before Darwin was born. They just could not see the relevancy to what they were seeing the the Original languages. It was after the fossil evidence was presented, that finally what scholars had been seeing in the past, finally began to take form!

YEC's hate this teaching. They lie about it. They dismiss it.

Check it out, and learn that there is more than simply, YEC vs TOE.

Fortunately for me. I was introduced to the GAP theory from the beginning of when I ventured out to study the Bible. Because I was shown this teaching, I avoided lot's of mental gymnastics, and a clinging to "the cause," emotionally.

There is an answer. And, its not what most suspect.

The truth will not be with the majority. It begins with a minority. If it ever makes it to the majority, it indicates a true time of Revival. Revival, as in when one has fainted and is revived.

For, that is what Revival really means. The Body of Christ has been sick and weak spiritually up until when God gives her revival.

In Christ, GeneZ

There's still the issue of you referring to the Bible as the "Word of God." (capital W), when that title is reserved for Christ. It would save a lot of confusion to differentiate between the word and the Word.

In any case, I'll look into the site when time permits.

Upvote 0

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Think of it like Charles Darrow... the inventor of the game Monopoly.

the origins of monopoly are actually much more interesting than you think.

it was originally a H.Georgist Single Tax Movement propaganda piece called the LandLord's game and was very anti-capitalist and pro-union. funny how history changes things....

http://adena.com/adena/mo/

Darrow actually frauduently claimed to be the inventor. he was not. sort of like a prototype Hovind.

goes to show that popular wisdom and common sense are often just plain wrong. and represent movements and ideologies as much as any other of man's -isms.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

rmwilliamsll said:
Think of it like Charles Darrow... the inventor of the game Monopoly.

the origins of monopoly are actually much more interesting than you think.

it was originally a H.Georgist Single Tax Movement propaganda piece called the LandLord's game and was very anti-capitalist and pro-union. funny how history changes things....

http://adena.com/adena/mo/

Darrow actually frauduently claimed to be the inventor. he was not. sort of like a prototype Hovind.

goes to show that popular wisdom and common sense are often just plain wrong. and represent movements and ideologies as much as any other of man's -isms.

Yes, I had heard most of the real story... but for the purposes of the analogy I was making, I preferred to keep things simple.

Just goes to show how the myth can overshadow the facts...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Lady Kate said:
I never said that. Of course God is the guiding force behind evolution... He just chooses to work within the natural laws that He set... you know He is allowed to do that.

Miracles are not following natural laws he set.

Think of it like Charles Darrow... the inventor of the game Monopoly. If you played against him, he'd probably win, since he did write the rules. But he wouldn't win because he'd change the rules whenever he wanted to, but because he knew the game that well.

God did not change the rules. That is, unless he suddenly decided to tell lies about how creation came about. He has a rule about not lying.

And beneath it all, the mountains of scientific evidence supporting it. People fear what they do not understand, and they hate what they fear.

Yes, people fear what they do not understand. I fear the thought of those who think they understand. Convince each other that they have to be right.

And, are wrong. Yet, want to influence everyone to seeing it their way.

Evolution could make sense. Except for one factor. It would require that God break a rule about himself, this time. A big one.

Titus 1:1-2 (New International Version)
"Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time."

YEC's may have their data skewed, and are missing insight into interpretation. But, they will never be accused of calling God a liar. That is what makes them so stubborn. They know to accept evolution is to call God a liar.

Genesis 2:7 (New International Version)
"Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

God could have told us man came from an ape that he transformed if he wanted to. There is no reason to lie.

Genesis 3:14 niv
"The LORD God said to the serpent,
"Because you have done this,
Cursed are you more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you will go,
And dust you will eat
All the days of your life."

God transformed the serpent instantly.

If God wanted to transform an ape into man? The Hebrews would have accepted it.

But, God lied? Or, God's Word is a lie? The Words Moses received from the Lord are really made up?

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

genez said:
Miracles are not following natural laws he set.

Depends on your definition of "miracle," I suppose. Can any of us, as Christians, deny that Creation itself is a "miracle" no matter how it got here?

God did not change the rules. That is, unless he suddenly decided to tell lies about how creation came about. He has a rule about not lying.

Only a problem for Biblical Literalists...

Yes, people fear what they do not understand. I fear the thought of those who think they understand. Convince each other that they have to be right.

And, are wrong. Yet, want to influence everyone to seeing it their way.

And who's right and who's wrong? Are you referring to evolutionists or YECs?

Evolution could make sense. Except for one factor. It would require that God break a rule about himself, this time. A big one.

"Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ for the faith of God's elect and the knowledge of the truth that leads to godliness— a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time."

YEC's may have their data skewed, and are missing insight into interpretation. But, they will never be accused of calling God a liar. That is what makes them so stubborn. They know to accept evolution is to call God a liar.

Nope, to accept evolution is to accept that perhaps certain parts of the Bible are not meant to be read as literal history... something which we all already agree on... it's just a case of rethink what is literal and what is not.

Genesis 2:7 (New International Version)
"Then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being."

God could have told us man came from an ape that he transformed if he wanted to. There is no reason to lie.

No reason to lie? Are you suggesting that people 5,000 years ago would understand what evolution means? Half the people I speak to on these boards don't get it!

And dust you will eat

God transformed the serpent instantly.

Did He?

If God wanted to transform an ape into man? The Hebrews would have accepted it.

You're giving a primative tribe of nomads far too much credit, I think. God didn't bother to explain particle physics to the Hebrews, either. Is that a lie?

But, God lied? Or, God's Word is a lie? The Words Moses received from the Lord are really made up?

There you go again... using a term for the Bible that's reserved for Christ. Perhaps if you toned down the literalism, you would see the problem here.

Upvote 0

Redneck Crow

Too many unicorns.....
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
✟176,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
genez said:

And dust you will eat

OK, genez, this is a good place to take a look at allegorical and literal accounts and see how both can be ways to convey truth. Was the serpent we are told about in the Genesis story merely a common reptile?

More about that "snake."

REVELATION 12:7 Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought, 8 but they were defeated and there was no longer any place for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the deceiver of the whole world -- he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

So who is God talking about in Genesis 3:14? A common snake who had the smarts to deceive Eve, or Satan himself?

It isn't calling a God a liar to believe that He is using a literary device. We would be unjustified in calling God a liar, for example, if that Genesis account serpent was actually Satan.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Redneck Crow said:
OK, genez, this is a good place to take a look at allegorical and literal accounts and see how both can be ways to convey truth. Was the serpent we are told about in the Genesis story merely a common reptile?

Not before the fall.

More about that "snake."
REVELATION 12:7 Now war arose in heaven, Michael and his angels fighting against the dragon; and the dragon and his angels fought,

So who is God talking about in Genesis 3:14? A common snake who had the smarts to deceive Eve, or Satan himself?

Its me that has a problem with seeing allegory in use? :scratch:

Luke 13:32 niv
He replied, "Go tell that fox, 'I will drive out demons and heal people today and tomorrow, and on the third day I will reach my goal.'

Herod was a fox? Or, was that used as a 'descriptive' term?

Allegory?

Satan is a literal serpent, too?

Matthew 3:7 niv
But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: "You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

The Pharisees are also a brood of vipers? Literally?

When you accuse someone of such a fault? Remove the plank from your eye, first?

Satan is associated with the serpent, and also so happened to possess the very creature that he is to be associated with. Why must I spell this out for you? I do not see why. Since you are the one with the superior position, here. Right?

By the way?

Are you really a Red Neck Crow?

Sure you are!

Of course! "That's the ticket!"
It isn't calling a God a liar to believe that He is using a literary device. We would be unjustified in calling God a liar, for example, if that Genesis account serpent was actually Satan.

Oh boy..... if you can not see what's going on with that one? What can I explain to you? God is a burning bush? Balaam's donkey could really speak?

Now? How would your false premise prove Genesis 1 and 2, to be allegorical? If what you just tried to claim were accurate in thought? For, its shown to be lacking and deficient in substance?

This is all diversion, by the way. Away from the real issue.

God said how he created this creation. Adam did not come from an ape. If God wanted us to know we had? It would have been easy to let us know. Therefore? Your theory on creation makes God out to be lying to us.

Plain and simple. Even the simple can understand where he stands on this one.

Yet, what do we get from your side? Let's see how we can spin it away, perhaps? Or? "Did God really say?"

Psalm 19:7 niv
The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple."

That's what burns some of us who were always academic superiors. We lose that power once we are entered into God's economy. God places us all on equal footing in his plan. No more thinking that one's natural abilities gives one an advantage over another. No room for pride being the motivator in evaluation of the truth. No one has a superior position based upon natural ability. We are no longer of the world.

The simple who walk in pride and arrogance concerning God's Word. Remain simple minded.

The academically advanced who walk in arrogance and pride concerning God's Word..... become simple minded.

Psalm 119:130 niv
The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.

That just burns some types.

God has pulled the carpet out from under their feet. The simple minded can now get it, while those always depending on their superior intellect will be left in the dust... eating dust.... if they do not humble themselves.

Pride always lowers us in God's plan. Humility (lowering ourselves) makes room for God to lift us up.

Pride says concerning the Creation account, "God lied" but I will try and find a way to make it into appearing to be something other than a lie. For it know its wrong to say God lies.

Yet, God says.....

If what you believe makes the Word appear to be lying? Then you have yet to discover what the Word is really telling you.

and.....

If the opposition to your thinking believes things that only appear to make the Word appear not to be lying, yet you know they are? Then BOTH of you need to find out what the Word is really saying!

That link tells us how both your sides are wrong.

YEC's and TOE's are both wrong. Yet? You will be constantly caught up in a vicious cycle of seeing the others errors as your motivator not to budge from your position. Until Christ returns.

Yet? Jesus said that the TRUTH will make you free.

I am freed from that cycle you are caught up in. I do not need to see how you are wrong in order to know that I must stay in my position. I am too busy planting a garden of fruit bearing, and enjoying the scenery. If you do not wish to join me? And, would rather enjoy a low down and dirty fight, as the world fights its fights?

Be my guest! :priest:

Now? If you really think your position has to be right?

And, this issue of God lying in His Word to us does not bother you?

For you figured a way that shows it was not God really lying, but only men who wrote the Bible? That, too, is calling God a liar.

Matthew 4:4 niv
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "

In that whole time Jesus was overcoming the Devil in his temptations? And said, he was living by every word from the mouth of God? He was constantly quoting what was written in Scripture!

Deuteronomy 8:3 (New International Version)
"He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD."

But? What do I know? I am only filled with the Holy Spirit at this moment.

In Christ, GeneZ

Upvote 0

Redneck Crow

Too many unicorns.....
Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
✟176,447.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you, gemez, for your time and efforts.

Several times in your preceding contribution you gave further examples of how various literary devices are employed in many areas of the scriptures.

God uses literary devices time and time again in the scriptures.

Therefore, one has no valid basis to accuse a person of believing that God is lying based upon their belief that a portion of scripture was given as an allegory.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.