Where are the human bones and remains from the flood?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Lady Kate

genez said:
Then why mention they were locked?

Then why even mention the doors were locked? Why make that an issue?

Look at yourself... so obsessed over a door (for no other reason than to defend the miracle you invented) that you missed the point of the whole story... Jesus was dead, but came back. Thomas didn't believe it until he saw it himself.

Just maybe? He is God? Just, maybe? :pray:

Indeed, maybe. Jesus wasn't omniscient... there were a few facts that the Father knew that the son did not... the exact date and hour of Christ's return: did Jesus know that?

Whhhhhhhhoooooooooo! Chaos! What a mess we would have! ^_^

Indeed...burning witches and killing cats to cure plagues... sound familiar?

This is how it really happened.

Jesus knocked on the door. One of the Disciples flipped open the face hatch. Jesus, whispered... "The Father sent me." So? Someone let him into the spiritual speakeasy. Not a miracle.

Possibly. And Thomas still got to see that Jesus was alive and well. No need to tack on extra miracles to make Jesus sound more amazing than he already was.

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Agassiz and Cuvier both did not know the following to be known about our faith.

http://www.creationdays.dk/withoutformandvoid/1.html

Being a believer in Jesus Christ, does not guarantee one will become a believer in Christ beyond anything other than the Cross that saved them. Grace shows no favoritism.

From the site about Agassiz:

Agassiz saw the Divine Plan of God everywhere in nature, and could not reconcile himself to a theory that did not invoke design. He defined a species as "a thought of God." As he wrote in his Essay on Classification:
The combination in time and space of all these thoughtful conceptions exhibits not only thought, it shows also premeditation, power, wisdom, greatness, prescience, omniscience, providence. In one word, all these facts in their natural connection proclaim aloud the One God, whom man may know, adore, and love; and Natural History must in good time become the analysis of the thoughts of the Creator of the Universe. . .
His philosophy of nature, aiming to understand the Divine Plan, is the last great expression of the old school of natural theology, started by men like John Ray almost two hundred years before.

If this isn't a Christian view of the world, then what is? I'm hardly surprised when Christians misrepresent evolutionists, but to somehow imply that Agassiz was somehow any less Christian than you simply because he didn't subscribe to your particular brand of origins theology is an affront to his work and legacy.

And I'm assuming your statement that "grace shows no favouritism" has a Biblical backing?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
shernren said:
From the site about Agassiz:

Agassiz saw the Divine Plan of God everywhere in nature, and could not reconcile himself to a theory that did not invoke design. He defined a species as "a thought of God." As he wrote in his Essay on Classification:

So? He compromised! He created a hybrid theology. Just like the men in Genesis were hybrids and God had to destroy them in the Flood of Noah.

His philosophy of nature, aiming to understand the Divine Plan, is the last great expression of the old school of natural theology, started by men like John Ray almost two hundred years before.

Not impressed. He was trying to exist in two worlds. He quit, and stop seeking. That is part of running the good race. Many wish not to endure in God's timing. They determine when they are to take a rest. To do so, they create false doctrine to rest in...make them fat... and then die without glorifying Christ. So be it.

If this isn't a Christian view of the world, then what is?

Of course, you know you are right. So? Why do you ask me?

I'm hardly surprised when Christians misrepresent evolutionists, but to somehow imply that Agassiz was somehow any less Christian than you simply because he didn't subscribe to your particular brand of origins theology is an affront to his work and legacy.

He was no less Christian, in the sense he will be happy in Heaven and receive a wonderful resurrection body like us all. But? His rewards? I don't think so.

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 (New International Version)
"For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. If any man builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, his work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each man's work. If what he has built survives, he will receive his reward. If it is burned up, he will suffer loss; he himself will be saved, but only as one escaping through the flames."

And I'm assuming your statement that "grace shows no favouritism" has a Biblical backing?

Ephesians 2:8-10 (New International Version)
"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
The very reason we need grace is because none of us can please God in our natural ability. Grace 'enables.'

We are not saved by our works. Yet, if we accept grace? Our faith will reveal works. This time, works that have been assigned to us by God. If we could be saved by favoritism? Then God would have his favorites. So? Where is there room for favoritism?

Acts 10:34-35 (New International Version)
"Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right."

Its that simple.......

You do not have to be a physicist to figure it out. Why haven't you?

With lot's of patience, GeneZ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
artybloke said:
"And Esau was an hairy man." Does that mean he was neandertal?
And when Mary and Joseph brought the baby Jesus to the temple, they were met by a wise and devout Simian who had been waiting a long time for the consolation of Israel...

Upvote 0

shernren

you are not reading this.
Feb 17, 2005
Shah Alam, Selangor
Visit site
✟26,381.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
So? He compromised! He created a hybrid theology. Just like the men in Genesis were hybrids and God had to destroy them in the Flood of Noah.

Not impressed. He was trying to exist in two worlds. He quit, and stop seeking. That is part of running the good race. Many wish not to endure in God's timing. They determine when they are to take a rest. To do so, they create false doctrine to rest in...make them fat... and then die without glorifying Christ. So be it.

Are you going to stand by your words? Look carefully, for what Cuvier, Agassiz, and Ray proposed was really nothing more than a variation on gap theory:

Cuvier:

In his Essay on the Theory of the Earth (1813) Cuvier proposed that new species were created after periodic catastrophic floods. ... Cuvier believed there was no evidence for the evolution of organic forms but rather evidence for successive creations after catastrophic extinction events.

http://www.victorianweb.org/science/cuvier.html

But in the course of history, he said, catastrophic events had killed off all members of some species, and their fossils would no longer be seen in the rocks. Subsequently, he believed, the old species were replaced by new ones that repopulated Earth.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/02/1/l_021_01.html

Agassiz:

[SIZE=+1]Agassiz continued Cuvier's catastrophism theory -- the Earth had been periodically wracked by global catastrophes, after each of which new species of animals and plants had appeared. Followers of Cuvier had suggested that the Biblical Flood was the last catastrophe. Agassiz replaced the Flood with his glaciers, which he thought had been formed instantaneously all over the world; he called glaciers "God's great plough," and tried unsucessfully to find evidence of glaciation in Brazil.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/agassiz.html

John Ray:

[/SIZE] Yet on ye other side there follows such a train of consequences, as seem to shock the Scripture-History of ye novity [newness] of the World; at least they overthrow the opinion generally received. . . that since ye first Creation there have been no species of Animals or Vegetables lost, no new ones produced. But whatever may be said for ye Antiquity of the Earth it self & bodies lodged on it, yet that ye race of mankind is new upon ye earth, & not older than ye Scripture makes it, may I think by many arguments be almost demonstratively proved.

http://www.ucmp.berkeley.edu/history/ray.html

Really, you should consider these three scientists as close to Gap Theorists as you'll ever get, not lazy quitters. Why make needless enemies of good friends?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
artybloke said:
My heart's on the left-hand side of the body - I thought that was normal? :)

Well, if one were wise about Bible matters? They would know that the 'heart' the Bible speaks of is our soul activity tobe found in the brain. Not the chest cavity. The pump in our chest does not think.

Mark 2:8 niv
Immediately Jesus knew in his spirit that this was what they were thinking in their hearts, and he said to them, "Why are you thinking these things?

Many Christians get their emotions and thinking process mixed up over this issue because we do not have the same word usage today.

Heart was the deepest part of a man's soul. The place where he held his values and decisions, for either good or bad. In the KJV, "reins" was used in reference to the emotions. The "reins" referred to the kidneys.

Proverbs 23:7a nkjv
"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he."

The Greeks has a similar concept.
Nous - mind.
Kardia -heart.

Nous is where were gather our academic knowledge into memory.

Kardia is where all decisions and applications of what is found in the nous takes place. Left lobe. Right lobe.

Now?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left."

I hope you are now the 'wiser' for what I just shared with you!

After all... It was a 'heart issue' that has caused us all the suffering in the world we now have.

Isaiah 14:12-14 (New International Version)

"How you have fallen from heaven,
O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!

You said in your heart,

"I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.

I will ascend above the tops of the clouds, "I will make myself like the Most High."

God's first judgement of one of his creatures was not for actions. But for thought!

Hebrews 4:12 (New American Standard Bible)
"For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart."

God is always watching and gathering what will be someday presented back to to us when we appear before Him.

1 Thessalonians 2:4 niv
"On the contrary, we speak as men approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please men but God, who tests our hearts."

Psalm 26:2 niv
Test me, O LORD, and try me, examine my heart and my mind."

Heart and mind! Not the same things. The heart (kardia) and mind (nous) are not considered the same thing in the Bible. When we learn academic knowledge, and vomit back on a written test? That came from the nous. When we problem solve, and come up with unique solutions to problems using our knowledge? That came from the heart.

The heart mentioned in the Bible 99.99% of the time, is not about the physical 'pump.' The heart of man (Biblically) is where in our soul we process our knowledge stored the the nous, and then circulates it as life giving properties throughout our whole being. The heart is what motivates us. The nous is a gathering place for what we will think with.

We are what we think...

Proverbs 23:7a nkjv
"For as he thinks in his heart, so is he."

Just like, we are what we eat!

Jeremiah 15:16 niv
When your words came, I ate them; they were my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God Almighty.

Mmmmmmmm... GeneZ

(pass the Proverbs, please) :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.