Dec 22, 2005
✟9,379.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
acv.jpg

Well there is the Grand Canyon of Pennsylvania:

The exposed rock formations are over 350 million years old, but the important geologic processes which formed the gorge occurred less than 20,000 years ago during the Pleistocene time. Before glacial activity took place, the headwaters of Pine Creek, near Ansonia, flowed in a northeasterly direction. Glaciers then covered the area with ice.

Oh, wait, that doesn't help does it?

Upvote 0

Rudas_Starblaze

Mar 2, 2006
anywhere in the galaxy
✟170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
looking at it from a geological stand point i would have to say it depends on sediments that lay (or have layed) on top of rock formations. sand for instance is easily washed away from solid rock. yet deserts can change their own landscapes over the course a day. the only way to get a world wide veiw would be to remove all the top soil from the earth and see whats underneath and how quickily they can recover themselves. there are various "canyons" all over the world. some are covered with vegitation, some are not. some are deep, some are not.

canyons greatly depend on how thick the top soil was at the time of errosion. if they were thick, farther down the way where the sediment ultimatly ended up would be a large flat area (such as Texas and surrounding states.) that may have been nothing but ocean at the time. looking at oceanogaphy we can see where the ocean floor is substancially shallower at the end of "canyon" like formations, while father out there is usually a vary steep drop off such as the east coast of the US. the gulf of mexico is a great example of sediment build up from something as hugh as a great flood. the natural gas and oil deposites there had to come from what was once living material that has been covered up, heated, and pressurized. this natural resource of such abundance had to have came from vegitation and animal life that was waRshed down and covered up by tons of debre(sp) and sediment, and there are signs of this all over the world as well.

well, thats just my 2 cents worth.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
KerrMetric said:
So you think Texas and New Mexico are deposited top soil? Were you being serious? I hope not.

Consider this, from a geology survey of Ontario:

"The Borderlands represent sequences of Phanerozoic-aged(i.e. less than 600 million year old) sedimentary rocks deposited in basins during the periodic inundation of the early North American continent by inland seas. This deposition occurred in 4 major basins--the Appalachian, Michigan, Moose River and Hudson Bay basins--bordering the Canadian Shield on its northern, eastern and southern sides (the flat-lying sedimentary rocks beneath the Canadian Prairies represent another such basin on the western side of the Shield, outside of Ontario). These rocks contain deposits of a wide range of industrial minerals, salt, oil and gas."

This supports my position that many global sized floods have occurred in the past. This implies both inwash, inundation, and outwash on varying scales depending on topography and other factors. Sediments give a clue as to water depth and duration of flooding. Sedimentation and erosion on a large scale are clearly part of massive inundation. Features of GC size are no problem, although like the example in Pennsylvania, they may look quite different from the GC.

The rainbow covenant was not just a result of a single flood. God had allowed flooding, in accordance with physical laws, for millions of years. He brought those floods to an end by stabilizing the earth, so that he could continue his purpose for man without another large destructive event.

He temporarily suspended the laws of physics, that he created along with the stuff it acts upon, just as he did the laws of biology when he raised Jesus from the dead. The resurrection was the most 'outrageous' miracle that he performed, yet it is believed without question by all christians.

Why is the flood, and other miracles, so hard to accept, especially when there is ample geological evidence to support it?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.