✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What do you do when you feel alone?
Pray. When Paul said, "pray without ceasing" he didn't mean we sit on out knees all day, what he meant was that we are to talk to God throughout the day, keep Him on the mind, and leave open an opportunity for Him to speak to us. The second thing would be to find a group... even a small one, of like-minded people. That doesn't mean find a place where you agree on everything, those places are called Unicorns. :) But get around others and the feeling will go away.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I play my piano, my music has been such a lifeline. I play hymns and Spiritual songs to the Lord, with lots of song books to explore. I used to spend hours at night just playing until exhausted and then go to bed. Just a little humour here...(my vicar at the time was impressed with the amount of 'research' I had done for the church choir etc). But I was just using the music and songs, as the Lord filled the loneliness inside me.
It is mystery to explain how it is possible to be lonely with a family and a large church to attend.
I think it was something to do with needing a closer walk with the Lord.
Now I feel a song coming on....

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I play my piano, my music has been such a lifeline. I play hymns and Spiritual songs to the Lord, with lots of song books to explore. I used to spend hours at night just playing until exhausted and then go to bed. Just a little humour here...(my vicar at the time was impressed with the amount of 'research' I had done for the church choir etc). But I was just using the music and songs, as the Lord filled the loneliness inside me.
It is mystery to explain how it is possible to be lonely with a family and a large church to attend.
I think it was something to do with needing a closer walk with the Lord.
Now I feel a song coming on....

Yes 'trust and obey for there's no other way to be happy in Jesus'

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Must start to play my accordian again! 'Bring me back to that place of worship',continually!

O yes! an accordion, wonderful...couldn't resist this one, my favourite hymn

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What a friend is Jesus! What a Companion! Fellowship! Strength! 'Koinonia!' We are blessed. To all that are lonely,You are near! To those who are going through trials give help!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
A vulnerable yet good question. IMO, at the risk of being perceived in evasion, but to speak openly. To correctly answer this is to take into account a gamut of individuals. Some are fully self-entertained, some, are the very embodiment of the lost scope on life, always within counsel, ,

“The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!” (Matthew 6:22,23)

Darkness surrounds their soul. But it’s true, this is where the great speeches void of the instruction and ministry of the Spirit is sorely needed. The Spirit works throughout, before, during and after Jesus’ ministry on earth, now as he seeks for the lost, searches and finally ministers to us.

“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he has sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, , “ (Luke 4:18)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟189,166.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think prayer, as was already mentioned by others, is key to overcoming loneliness. The more we fellowship with Christ, the less empty and alone we feel.

Lack of fellowship and support from other like minded Christians is perhaps the most painful and difficult trial to overcome in this life. In some ways, it can erode our faith more subtly than overt persecution or threats of physical harm.

I think the best thing a Christian can do is to seek some form of fellowship at a local church, bible study, or online on a forum. Iron sharpens iron and it is so encouraging to communicate with other Christians even if it is just the exchange of simple thoughts on different passages of scripture.

I also think that the suggestion of joining a mission was a great idea. When we give of ourselves and look outside ourselves and past our own loneliness we will feel fulfilled.

I think the thing that has greatly helped me is to change my expectations of life. I realize that the life of a Christian can be lonely. We can expect that at times we may find ourselves to have fewer friends. Learning to accept this and be at peace with our own company or the fellowship of a few like minded friends is vital. If we expect that we should have tons of friends and be loved by many, we will suffer the pangs of loneliness more. If we realize that this is one of the trials that Christians are called to overcome we can have faith to seek God to empower us. I also think that this mindset enables us to appreciate and value the true friends we do make. A few solid Christian friends are priceless.

• Winner
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jack Hayford wrote a book called,'Cross over to the other side of the room'. It is not always easy to reach out to others but it is the way to overcome loneliness. Just a smile or 'Hullo' can make a difference to someone elses life. When we do something for someone else it can take our thoughts off of ourselves and we are blessed by blessing others!

Upvote 0