What's your idea of a/the "perfect" world, or society?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Now, think very hard about this for a minute...? Is a "Utopia" even possible...?

I have trouble imagining the "perfect world" (practically and realistically), especially one that doesn't sacrifice freedom, and allows for the nature of the current "human condition", in the process...?

As it stands, I can't imagine (seem to see) the world or at least current western society going any other way than it already is...? Sure, there are some "changes" I'd like to see happen, but implementing those changes, and still allowing for freedom, and for the mistakes and errors that the (current) human condition seems to make, is the problem?

What's you idea of the "ideal", Utopian society...? How would like to see the world "change"? (practically and realistically) Or, if you were given the option to remake it, how would you? (practically and realistically)?

Is a "Utopian society" even possible, (practically and realistically) or is it just a dream? (Remember that you still have to allow for freedom, and, the current nature of the errors and mistakes that the (current) human condition seems to make.)

What are your ideas? Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

What's your "vision"?

God Bless!

Reactions: psalms 91

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Surely it will be when the Lord Jesus returns and reigns for a thousand years over the earth. Everything will be under His control, and there will be peace and happiness, good weather, order, unity, and no death or sickness, no politicians, criminals, or immoral people, etc.

That will occur in fact after the Tribulation time, which is likely not far off. The Lord will then come down with His Bride (the Church) from Heaven, destroy His enemies, and reign supreme. It will be wonderful during this Millennium time. After this God will purge the earth with fire, He tells us, and then form a new earth and new heavens, and return paradise to the earth forever with faithful mankind.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Surely it will be when the Lord Jesus returns and reigns for a thousand years over the earth. Everything will be under His control, and there will be peace and happiness, good weather, order, unity, and no death or sickness, no politicians, criminals, or immoral people, etc.

That will occur in fact after the Tribulation time, which is likely not far off. The Lord will then come down with His Bride (the Church) from Heaven, destroy His enemies, and reign supreme. It will be wonderful during this Millennium time. After this God will purge the earth with fire, He tells us, and then form a new earth and new heavens, and return paradise to the earth forever with faithful mankind.

That's all great, but my question centers more around what "you" personally can imagine, conceive of, (or give birth to)...?

It has been said that if we cannot (as of yet) "imagine" it, or "conceive" of it, then it cannot happen (as of yet).

My question is centered more around...? Do you believe their will be those who can imagine or conceive of it (envision it) as the last days approach, or not?

Or, Do you believe that is only in the scope and vision of God?, or do you believe he (God) will allow certain ones to envision or conceive of it, as the appointed time approaches?

If so, then what "is" that vision?

Some would say that a "perfect" world can only come as we can conceive or envision it as being within the realm (art) of the possible?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

You say there will be no more immoral people, or politicians or criminals, but there's just one problem... We're all immoral people, some to a greater or lesser degree, but we are not qualified to judge (only God is) to whom is the greater or lesser degree, AND, some of us have not been put in the very difficult positions of choosing whether or not we would compromise our morals, for some other end...

Perhaps reasoning in ourselves, in that position, making that very difficult controversial decision, reasoning out that, "the ends, justified the means" or not?

In other words, we did not have the life, or walked miles in that mans shoes, (the criminals or politicians shoes), to be able to know whether or not, if we were put in the same position as them, if we would have had to make some of the same very difficult choices/decisions...

We don't know if we would have done the same, had we lived their life, so how can we judge our moral standing as being "better", or "higher", or "superior" to theirs... We were not born with their life experiences... "We" have not "lived their life", so how can we possibly judge?

In Jesus Christ's Holy name, God Bless!

Upvote 0

KrAZeD

Apr 13, 2014
✟15,602.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can't have a utopian society without one having the ability to provide everyone everything. One being always just and righteous. One without the ability to become corrupt. To forgo that, you then have greed/pride/vanity still popping their heads in to ruin it.

It takes just one to not feel like doing "x" for the moment meaning someone else has to cover or provide "x". Leading to envy/resentment.

You can't currently have man in charge of the society because he is prone to succumb to greed, while the citizens might succumb to jealousy of his position.

Regardless, if the concept is everyone is "equal", that means everyone must participate, everyone must meet their obligations, currently man can not do this because our flesh/nature harbors evil.

Without evil bound and Jesus ruling with a rod of iron that society is impossible, no matter how you slice the concept or ideals, our flesh is bound to go astray and take advantage.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now, think very hard about this for a minute...? Is a "Utopia" even possible...?

No. At least, not with more than one human in it.

I've given this idea a lot of thought over the last 35 years or so and every utopian ideal is doomed from the start because of human nature.

Actually, not even human nature. It's doomed because of nature itself. Even a human-free utopia is doomed because animals eat each other. A human-free rain forest, full of wildife and biodiversity and virtually unlimited food and water is a beautiful thing--unless you are the jaguar's dinner. If you are the herbivore, then the jaguar's utopia is not your utopia.

Human utopias are the same way. One man's utopia is another man's hell on earth.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
One of my ideas is to encourage the filthy rich, toward more Philanthropy, in supporting the needy in our society...

LOL. Of course. The first move of every utopian visionary is always that "those people" are preventing utopia from happening because they have too much and "you people" have a right to it.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have trouble imagining the "perfect world" (practically and realistically), especially one that doesn't sacrifice freedom, and allows for the nature of the current "human condition", in the process...?

As it stands, I can't imagine (seem to see) the world or at least current western society going any other way than it already is...? Sure, there are some "changes" I'd like to see happen, but implementing those changes, and still allowing for freedom, and for the mistakes and errors that the (current) human condition seems to make, is the problem?

What's you idea of the "ideal", Utopian society...? How would like to see the world "change"? (practically and realistically) Or, if you were given the option to remake it, how would you? (practically and realistically)?

Is a "Utopian society" even possible, (practically and realistically) or is it just a dream? (Remember that you still have to allow for freedom, and, the current nature of the errors and mistakes that the (current) human condition seems to make.)

What are your ideas? Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?

What's your "vision"?

God Bless!

It could be just like this one, except everyone gives a damn about everyone else. Feeds them when they're hungry, mourns with them when they mourn, rejoices with them when they rejoice, hands them a coat when they're cold, and forgives them when they need it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hands them a coat when they're cold

My church had a "blanket ministry" for the homeless one winter (2010, the coldest winter in a long time in Florida).

We had this one guy who came back every week for a new blanket. We didn't notice at first, but eventually we noticed it was the same guy. We asked him where his last blanket went and he said someone stole it. He said this every week.

Then, he got hit by a car and had to go have some surgery to fix a problem caused by the accident, so he asked us to watch his stuff while he was in the hospital. We said yes and he brought it over to the church from his camp in the woods. He had 10 of our blankets. 9 were still in the plastic wrappers. His stuff filled a large closet.

This is an exteme case, but it illustrates the biggest problem the "poor" in America. They refuse to be good stewards of the things they are given. This is a very prosperous country with so many safety nets that people can barely see the sky, and yet there are millions who live hand to mouth and have "nothing".

Our "poor" aren't like the beggars of Christ's day who literally had nothing.

The OP wanted to know what utopia looks like. My utopia is one where everyone works hard for everything they have and appreciates it and values it and protects it. In my utopia, if a man says that he needs a coat, you know that it is because his last coat fell apart because it was more patches than coat. In my utopia, a man would never shamelessly take a second coat, while hiding his first, just because I'm giving them away.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My church had a "blanket ministry" for the homeless one winter (2010, the coldest winter in a long time in Florida).

We had this one guy who came back every week for a new blanket. We didn't notice at first, but eventually we noticed it was the same guy. We asked him where his last blanket went and he said someone stole it. He said this every week.

Then, he got hit by a car and had to go have some surgery to fix a problem caused by the accident, so he asked us to watch his stuff while he was in the hospital. We said yes and he brought it over to the church from his camp in the woods. He had 10 of our blankets. 9 were still in the plastic wrappers. His stuff filled a large closet.

This is an exteme case, but it illustrates the biggest problem the "poor" in America. They refuse to be good stewards of the things they are given. This is a very prosperous country with so many safety nets that people can barely see the sky, and yet there are millions who live hand to mouth and have "nothing".

Clearly this guy had mental issues. Why would you hoard free blankets, lie every week to get a new one, and then not even bother to hide this fact later on? This was not greed, or lack of stewardship. It is a man who lives alone in the woods, unseen by everyone, including himself. If the only way he feels safe is storing up extra blankets, then why not give him a whole truckload?

The only reason to hold back blankets from this man is because blankets are scarce, and the only reason that blankets are scarce is because our hearts are hard. Imagine if everyone in your town genuinely cared for that man, crazy and self-oriented as he is. He'd have a whole castle made of blankets and visitors every day.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

The OP wanted to know what utopia looks like. My utopia is one where everyone works hard for everything they have and appreciates it and values it and protects it. In my utopia, if a man says that he needs a coat, you know that it is because his last coat fell apart because it was more patches than coat. In my utopia, a man would never shamelessly take a second coat, while hiding his first, just because I'm giving them away.

What about those who are mentally or physically disabled, homeless, or elderly or orphaned children and women who have been brutally mistreated/abused, do those who are capable of working hard, have a responsibility to those who no longer can? In your idea of the perfect society, what happens to those who fall through the cracks?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about those who are mentally or physically disabled, homeless, or elderly or orphaned children and women who have been brutally mistreated/abused, do those who are capable of working hard, have a responsibility to those who no longer can? In your idea of the perfect society, what happens to those who fall through the cracks?

That's the problem. There are those who no longer can and there are those who no longer will.

If I have $100 to give away and I give to someone with a good story who is scamming me, then what do I give to the mentally or physically disabled, homeless, or elderly or orphaned children and women who have been brutally mistreated/abused when they come for help?

Long ago, perhaps a half century or more, people would find ways to get by on their own. Today, they search for ways to get by with someone else paying the bills.

There is a middle ground between letting orphans and widows starve and subsidizing the laziness of many of modern America's "poor". Neither extreme is a good place to be because the former is cruel and unnecessary and the latter is non-sustainable because people see others working the system and find a way to pile on the wagon. Pretty soon, you have everyone in the wagon and no one pulling anymore.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Clearly this guy had mental issues.

In today's America, almost everyone has mental issues. Just look at a couple current threads right here in the non-denom forum to see how many have a myriad of issues. Look at "pill time" in the public schools.

Giving people a free pass for their "issues" serves no one's best interests. Every mass shooter in the last few years has had a history of mental illness and everyone just patted them on the head and said, "there's nothing you can do about it". Well, they found something to do about it!

We need to stop coddling people. Those who can be made to pull themselves up and get moving should, and those who are incapable need serious help--not just some unsupervised meds, but real institutional help.

Upvote 0

seeingeyes

Nov 29, 2011
Backwoods, Ohio
✟27,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In today's America, almost everyone has mental issues. Just look at a couple current threads right here in the non-denom forum to see how many have a myriad of issues. Look at "pill time" in the public schools.

Giving people a free pass for their "issues" serves no one's best interests. Every mass shooter in the last few years has had a history of mental illness and everyone just patted them on the head and said, "there's nothing you can do about it". Well, they found something to do about it!

We need to stop coddling people. Those who can be made to pull themselves up and get moving should, and those who are incapable need serious help--not just some unsupervised meds, but real institutional help.

You an arrogant, self-serving, uncompassionate, loveless excuse for a Christian, and you have no business calling Christ your king.

That better? Didn't want to coddle you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, I do not think there can be a "utopia" of the humans on this planet . . . because of sin. And even if we Christians are living better lives than we used to, we still mess up.

So . . . most of all . . . I need however God corrects me so i can do the good that He pleases.

And to Abraham He said, "'In your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, because you have obeyed My voice.'" (Genesis 22:18)

So, Abraham's contribution to "utopia", I would say, is he simply obeyed God, and, with this, "all the nations of the earth" have been "blessed" :)

So . . . instead of trying to change and control people - - with God and obeying Him, we can do the most good :)

Upvote 0
T

ToBeBlessed

Originally Posted by BryanW92

You an arrogant, self-serving, uncompassionate, loveless excuse for a Christian, and you have no business calling Christ your king.

That better? Didn't want to coddle you.

I agree.

That's the most degrading thing I've almost ever seen posted on CF. :o Please BryanW92 don't advertise yourself as a Christian and make all of us Christian's look bad. :o

Call yourself a Democrat or Republican or a corrupt politician. YOU ARE IGNORANT! kthxbai

(So glad I didn't say his wife is not so bright marrying this guy)

Upvote 0