What's your garden like at this time of year?

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
Salford, Greater Manchester. UK
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so between the fog, the rain and low temperatures
and days spent visiting hospitals with Mary, my 'new arbor' PROJECT
is only just at site-preparation condition, this past two months :scratch:

Here are some of today's photos of the back garden
Firstly, an introduction to a new-visitor, we suspect cats have routed / killed
previous (local) squirrels
Here, the new-visitor, is availing itself of some remaining monkey nuts, (peanuts in shells)
that I left out for it, which I replaced with some granola breakfast cereal, for it's next visit

Should include TWO video clips
¬

http://1drv.ms/1Oob8lC

¬

and here are the remainder of this mornings photos
¬

http://1drv.ms/1iCLSK4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sahjimira

God of miracles.. He saved ME!
Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well I don't. Have a garden but was thinking of starting a little indoor herb garden. It's been years since I've had any house plants. I do remember always having trouble with aphids
Don't know where the bloody things come from but they find. My plants! Maybe I'll just try one herb and see how it goes. I live in North Central Florida USA. It's still warm here like mid 80s Fahrenheit.

Upvote 0

sahjimira

Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Since this is garden stuff would you all say where you're from geographically? Just general things like I said I was from North Central Florida USA. It would be fun to see the variences in climate (least for me it would)! I hope I'm not breaking any CF rules here. Just a thought.:mmh:

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Yes, NW England, but towards the hills. I've noticed from the weather thread that Dave and I often have rain at similar times, but I think his temperatures are a bit higher than mine, probably due to the effect of the city. Basically it's a temperate climate, without extremes, but with a fair amount of rain!

I'm interested in the different climates too, which is why I started the weather thread. Is it warm all year round in central Florida sahjimira? BTW I found washing-up liquid very good for dealing with aphids. Just water it down and spray. I hope your indoor herb garden works well. I loved picking fresh herbs.

You captured some good photos of the squirrel Dave, and the roses are beautiful.

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well I don't. Have a garden but was thinking of starting a little indoor herb garden. It's been years since I've had any house plants. I do remember always having trouble with aphids
Don't know where the bloody things come from but they find. My plants! Maybe I'll just try one herb and see how it goes. I live in North Central Florida USA. It's still warm here like mid 80s Fahrenheit.

Ants 'farm' the aphids (LIKE cows) .... get rid of the ants and only those that fly by can attack your plants

Feed the ants CORNFLOUR ... Corn Starch
They cannot digest it, when they eat their full
they then take it back to the nest and feed their young with it
So, you set them up with a lovely meal > to be rid of them

Yes, NW England, but towards the hills. I've noticed from the weather thread that Dave and I often have rain at similar times, but I think his temperatures are a bit higher than mine, probably due to the effect of the city. Basically it's a temperate climate, without extremes, but with a fair amount of rain!

I'm interested in the different climates too, which is why I started the weather thread. Is it warm all year round in central Florida sahjimira? BTW I found washing-up liquid very good for dealing with aphids. Just water it down and spray. I hope your indoor herb garden works well. I loved picking fresh herbs.

You captured some good photos of the squirrel Dave, and the roses are beautiful.

Thanks Sue Sis' :thumbsup:

but with a fair amount of rain!

LOL

This is Dave, reporting from the weatherdesk in Umbrella City :p

:D

Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes Sue, photos of "David" in the front garden later-today :)
Two complete blooms and many buds :thumbsup:

Two more strawberries almost ready to eat :D too ;)

:amen:

Buenas Noches, Nau Sta, Gute Nacht, Bon Nuit :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I can't believe that the fuchsia and antirrhinum are still flowering in late November! :clap: I hope the forecasted cold weather won't damage them. Maybe I should huddle the pots plants together, as I was advised to a year or so ago. :idea:

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, was it so long ago ?

http://www.christianforums.com/thre...his-time-of-year.7703388/page-3#post-68736578

If you use sawdust for insulation, be as sure as you can, that it doesn't get wet
:oldthumbsup:

:)
Yes we still have plenty of fuchsia 'bells' dangling
and strawberries that we won't be eating
The rambler on the west fence still has two whole blooms, that are much smaller than it usually bears
'David' still has blooms and is looking very windswept
~I am waiting for signs of dormancy, before I complete a pruning (before Spring)

>Seasons come and season go, the rains come down and the winds will blow<

Upvote 0

sahjimira

Jul 29, 2015
Florida
✟18,595.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No garden. Things are starting to die back some, which is good for me since my yard looks like a jungle! Still thinking of indoor herb garden but have never done one. Anyone know which are best to start with? How do I keep aphedes(spelling) off them? I like basil, parsley, and whatever suggestions you all may have.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I found a mild solution of washing up liquid and water got rid of the aphids on roses. :idea:

My pot plants survived the brief cold spell, and as they look so good at the moment, I'm leaving them out. :)

Reactions: joyshirley
Upvote 0

davedajobauk

dum spiro spero
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2006
✟300,707.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't be complacent about Winter Sue Sis'
We have had several -1.Cs here (before bed)
and who knows it it dipped lower than that, before morning

Better they survive
than have you wishing that you had taken better-care :hug:

Upvote 0