What's the most important issue this election?

What issue is most important this upcoming election season?

• Middle East

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cuba

• Illegal Immigration

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Economy

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Environment

• Civil Rights issues (including gay marriage)

• Guns (pro or con)

• Pro-Life and Pro-Choice issues

• Healthcare

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Money in politics

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The most important thing in this election is removing hateful bigots from office.

We're chipping away at them. Replacing Obama with a conservative will surely help. :clap:

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: DeathMagus
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That's not true, healthcare skyrocketed through some of our best years.

Our best years brought expensive advances in medicine that were then included in medical insurance coverage. Also our "best years", the '80's, brought heavy pressure on our healthcare system in the form of uncompensated costs to hospitals by criminals (gunshot victims), and by the influx of medical needs of illegal immigrants that flooded hospital emergency rooms.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟348,038.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Our best years brought expensive advances in medicine that were then included in medical insurance coverage. Also our "best years", the '80's, brought heavy pressure on our healthcare system in the form of uncompensated costs to hospitals by criminals (gunshot victims), and by the influx of medical needs of illegal immigrants that flooded hospital emergency rooms.
You do realize that not all gunshot victims are criminals right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Gun violence has gone down, in fact all violent crime has.

Illegals have definitely added some cost, but they are far from the most major or root cause. Overuse is one major problem, as is lack of preventive care. Things that could be solved with a universal healthcare system. But some are dedicated to letting another 34 nations pass us in healthcare before we get that.

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
To build a time machine to go back to the 60's.

Most Americans do not want to move forward all they ever want to do is go back, going forward means change
and for a lot of Americans change means losing "Freedom", what freedoms? they never say.

During the rallies held before the last election republicans were asked what they wanted most, they said
they wanted their freedom back, when they were asked what freedom they thought they had lost they didn't know but
they wanted it back. When asked where they got their news from they answered Fox news.

If sources are wanted they can be provided.

I think it will be a long time before a republican becomes president again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gun violence has gone down, in fact all violent crime has.

Illegals have definitely added some cost, but they are far from the most major or root cause. Overuse is one major problem, as is lack of preventive care. Things that could be solved with a universal healthcare system. But some are dedicated to letting another 34 nations pass us in healthcare before we get that.

Those 34 nations can afford it due to their trade surpluses with us. Healthcare is a major industry, but like other necessary products people have to be able to pay for them. With our unemployment and underemployment, due largely to our trade deficits and government debts, Americans cannot afford to buy health care, or the insurance that is supposed to provide for it. Its all economics.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To build a time machine to go back to the 60's.

Most Americans do not want to move forward all they ever want to do is go back, going forward means change
and for a lot of Americans change means losing "Freedom", what freedoms? they never say.

During the rallies held before the last election republicans were asked what they wanted most, they said
they wanted their freedom back, when they were asked what freedom they thought they had lost they didn't know but
they wanted it back. When asked where they got their news from they answered Fox news.

If sources are wanted they can be provided.

I think it will be a long time before a republican becomes president again.

It will be about 17 months.

We want to go back to the days when we could leave our doors unlocked, and our children could play without fear of being molested, kidnapped, or killed.

I ask you......what's 'backward' about that?

Upvote 0

DeathMagus

Stater of the Obvious
Jul 17, 2007
Right behind you.
✟20,194.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
We want to go back to the days when we could leave our doors unlocked, and our children could play without fear of being molested, kidnapped, or killed.

Crime of all sorts has been free-falling over the last 30 years. The increased fear people have of their neighbors and communities isn't founded in any sort of reality.

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It will be about 17 months.

Well, the factthat time only goes in one direction, and you're going in the opposite... pretty much the definition of "backward."

But do you really think a Republican President is going to bring back the good old "Leave it to Beaver" days?

How?

Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
True -- but not all gunshot victims are shot by criminals... accidents happen.

The point is that a large number of patients needing immediate medical attention for gunshot and other wounds resulting from criminal activity........don't have insurance. Nor do illegal immigrants who routinely flood hospital emergency departments.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, the fact that time only goes in one direction, and you're going in the opposite... pretty much the definition of "backward."

I want a return to a more sane and thoughtful society. We are going in the wrong direction.

But do you really think a Republican President is going to bring back the good old "Leave it to Beaver" days?

How?

Of course not. It doesn't matter who is president, nothing changes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Crime of all sorts has been free-falling over the last 30 years. The increased fear people have of their neighbors and communities isn't founded in any sort of reality.

The reality is that as in ancient Israel "The land is filled with bloody crimes".

Upvote 0