What's the First Line in the Closest Book?

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟160,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"The 1990s ushered in a new era for libraries and information centers because of the incredible growth seen in the electronic dissemination of information."
Libraries in the Information Age by Denise K. Fourie and David R. Dowell

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HiredGoon

Old School Presbyterian
Dec 16, 2003
✟4,843.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"This first book proposes first, in brief, the whole subject: Man's disobedience and the loss thereupon of Paradise wherein he was placed; then touches the prime cause of his fall, the serpent, or rather Satan in the serpent, who revolting from God and drawing to his side many legions of angels was by the command of God driven out of Heaven with all his crew into the great deep." -Paradise Lost by John Milton.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟160,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"There are many reason to learn about East Asia. A fifth of the world's population lives there. Every day newspapers carry articles on the rapid transformations of the world economy that make China, Japan, and Korea a growing presence in our lives. Globalization means that not only are people crossing the Pacific in ever increasing numbers, but also that American popular culture draws from many sources in East Asia, from Korean martial arts to Japanese anime and Chinese films." - The first paragraph in the preface to - Pre-Modern East Asia: To 1800: A Cultural, Social, and Political History. (my text book for my history class).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Visit site
✟160,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"Certain people have said that the world is like a calm pond, and that anytime a person does even the smallest thing, it is as if a stone has dropped into the pond, spreading circles of ripples further and further out, until the entire world has been changed by one tiny action." The Penultimate Peril by Lemony Snicket

Upvote 0

shirono

Deadline-avoiding weasel
Oct 16, 2005
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟8,365.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Long before I was a Zen monk, I was a punk rock bass player; long before I was exposed to the teachings of Dogen Zenji, I studied the teachings of Ian Mackaye, of the DC-based hardcore band Minor Threat, who advocated a remarkably similar philosophy -- no drink, no drugs, no smoking, just honest hard work and a commitment to what was true."

Sit Down and Shut Up by Brad Warner

Upvote 0