What's the First Line in the Closest Book?

Wisteria

May 13, 2006
California
✟15,412.00
Faith
Baptist
"Sydney honked the horn of his Shuttlebug outside of Sugums' house. When the little squirrel did not come out, Sydney went in to get him."
-- Sugums' Boat by Paula J. Bussard

This was one of my favourite childhood books. It's based on the verse "You were bought with a price; therefore honor God with your body." I just found this book again today.

Upvote 0

bestboy8

Contributor
Aug 1, 2006
Rochester, NY
✟18,588.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This is the closest book to me, and also my favorite

Chapter 1
"How does Bugs Bunny do Half the Stuff He Does?"

"They named the pony Eeyore. He was a skany-looking beast, shaggy, and slumped over and hangdog."

from remnants #3, them

Upvote 0

DailyBlessings

O Christianos Cryptos; Amor Vincit Omnia!
Oct 21, 2004
Berkeley, CA
Visit site
✟30,234.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"A white Pomeranian named Fluffy flew out of a fifth-floor window in Panna, which was a brand-new building with the painter's scaffolding still around it."

Sacred Games, Vikram Chandra

Don't be fooled by the opening line though, the book is not an absurdist text in any way, except in the usual Indian sense.

Upvote 0

bookluvr9

I'm sure you can find a good book somewhere.
Oct 16, 2004
louisville kentucky area
✟3,383.00
Faith
Christian
Emperor Mage by Tamora Pierce

"His Royal Highness Kaddar, prince of Siraj, duke of Yamut, count of Amar, first lord of the Imperium, heir apparent to His Most Serene Majesty Emperor Ozorne of Carthak, fanned himself and wished the Tortallans would dock."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟160,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
"After a great deal of time examining oceans, investigating rainstorms, and staring very hard at several drinking fountains, the scientists of the world developed a theory regarding how water is distributed around out planet, which they have named "the water cycle." The water cycle consists of three key phenomena- evaporation, precipitation, and collection-and all of them are equally boring."

The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Wisteria

May 13, 2006
California
✟15,412.00
Faith
Baptist
"a or A n., pl. a's, A's the first letter of the English alphabet"

Webster's New World Dictionary
That really amused me. Thanks for making me laugh!

"Everyday joys abound. It's a matter of perspective. For every trial there is a joy. For every loss there is a gain. Fidning the benefits to typical challenges brings to focus the beauty of daily life."

- Thomas Kinkade: Book of Joy

Upvote 0