Visit site
✟1,242,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I still need to find songs children can sing at school.

I am making a shortlist. One of the teachers used pharrel williams 'happy' in her class but children cant sing to that. The lesson didnt go well because the children were too hyped up as a result of hearing that song. Im not keen on using secular songs that have nothing to do with the lesson just to be 'cool'.

So far ive got

Gods love goes on and on
Tenei te ra...(this is the day)
My God is so big
Read your bible every day
Wise man built his house upon the rock

I need simple songs that are memorable, and you can sing without a backing track, preferably with actions.
There's one song I remember from back when I helped with Sunday nursery, called "Father Abraham".
I found something on Youtube (below) that provides the lyrics and melody. The 'right arm', 'left arm', etc., interjected through the song has to do with the kids waving those where the song suggests, for the physical activity.

-

Reactions: Goodbook
Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
He also had daughters no?

I mean, spiritually speaking.
Very true!
It should be updated to say "kids" (that's the only term I could find so far that fits into that part of the song, syllabically).

-

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
descendants. If we want to be biblically correct.
Or seeds.
Or nations.

Interesting that after sarah died he married another lady named Keturah and had Zimran, Jokshan,Medan, Midian, Ishbak and Shuah. I presume these were all sons...?

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, this thread went off the rails. There's thoughts I share and things I keep to myself. I think obviously most of us are open to a point or we woudn't be online at all.

Anyhow. Finally got a kayak and gonna try to get it out and give it a try tomorrow. Just needed a way to escape and get away from it all sometimes.

No it didn't go off the rails. This thread is "what's on your mind" soooo.... Kayaking sounds very peaceful. :)

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree there are bait threads. I'm sure some of my comments have felt like bait to some people who read them. Yet I believe what I write and its the same things I'd say in person. I love responding to some bait posts. I can find them entertaining and walk away from just reading, or after commenting. Its very rare that they get me upset.

It has been very hard for me the entire time I've been on CF to see some of the things "Christians" who are mostly white say about African Americans. Because of that I stopped viewing CF as a Christian forum/board. I don't really expect you to understand that though....I am thankful for the handful Christian and non-Christian who do set the records straight but a lot of it reminds me of another forum for white people only....

* To anybody...please don't tell me "you don't have to read those threads". That is not the point. It's the fact that that ugly things are being said and allowed on a regular basis about African Americans on what is supposed to be a Christian website. It's really a type of lust IMO...

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It has been very hard for me the entire time I've been on CF to see some of the things "Christians" who are mostly white say about African Americans. Because of that I stopped viewing CF as a Christian forum/board. I don't really expect you to understand that though....I am thankful for the handful Christian and non-Christian who do set the records straight but a lot of it reminds me of another forum for white people only....

* To anybody...please don't tell me "you don't have to read those threads". That is not the point. It's the fact that that ugly things are being said and allowed on a regular basis about African Americans on what is supposed to be a Christian website. It's really a type of lust IMO...
Amen, especially given the times and seasons. My worst to witness was a post seemingly promoting a far right party in France. Because I'm on my tablet I couldn't report the post, but it was the fact that someone who identifies as "Christian" took time to find that image and post it [emoji20] .

Sent from my cuckoo, la la mind ;-)

Reactions: quietpraiyze
Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Amen, especially given the times and seasons. My worst to witness was a post seemingly promoting a far right party in France. Because I'm on my tablet I couldn't report the post, but it was the fact that someone who identifies as "Christian" took time to find that image and post it [emoji20] .

Thank you for your response. Yes I understand what you're saying. It's just plain ugly. Sometimes I wonder should I say something or not. I feel like if I say nothing then my silence is cosigning that behavior and I don't want to do that but I don't want to be embroiled in someone's toxic justification either. But I do know I don't want to look back and see that I didn't say something when I should have. I just wish they didn't call themselves a Christian...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My thoughts this morning - This is my first restful day after a hectic week and I've woken up with a migraine. I'm quite amused by the irony...

I know exactly how you feel! A few months back I got ready to go on a road trip with my sister and nephews to visit some family and friends out of Province. I developed a headache just from the excitement alone before it turned into a full blown migraine. Sadly I don't remember much of the trip since I had fought with the migraine for most of the trip. :(

I have woken up with a migraine numerous times before and I was told by one of the staff members here to try a water pillow. So I bought one from work and wow! Am I glad I did! I haven't woken up with a migraine since switching from a standard pillow to a water pillow :D

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I know exactly how you feel! A few months back I got ready to go on a road trip with my sister and nephews to visit some family and friends out of Province. I developed a headache just from the excitement alone before it turned into a full blown migraine. Sadly I don't remember much of the trip since I had fought with the migraine for most of the trip. :(

I have woken up with a migraine numerous times before and I was told by one of the staff members here to try a water pillow. So I bought one from work and wow! Am I glad I did! I haven't woken up with a migraine since switching from a standard pillow to a water pillow :D
Amen sis, it's awful. I hate the fact that it's so crippling too. I might try out a water pillow, thanks for this [emoji106] . Since going through the change this is the one thing I dislike along with the hot flashes as a close second.

It's now the end of the day, and I feel groggy/tired which usually means the migraine is over.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, i had a friend who suffered migraines and it ruined our holiday! Maybe i should find a water pillow for her, i never heard of them...

Yep, ruined mine a few months back. Definitely get her to try the water pillow. It's a bit costly, but so worth it and lasts longer than a standard pillow will.

Amen sis, it's awful. I hate the fact that it's so crippling too. I might try out a water pillow, thanks for this [emoji106] . Since going through the change this is the one thing I dislike along with the hot flashes as a close second.

It's now the end of the day, and I feel groggy/tired which usually means the migraine is over.

Yeah, I remember once trying to get some medicine to get rid of my migraine at work. They had me fill out a form at the pharmacy to make sure it was nothing serious, but ended up giving me the rest of the day off. It took me 3 hours to get a prescription that day as a couple clinics were just too full. *sigh* Worst day ever.

No problem! It works for me and I hope it will work out for both! (you and the above). :D

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When did it became so hard to make a decision when looking for a purse? Have I really become "that" picky. I just needed a black purse but then I got it in my head that it needed to be unique and that's when I fell into the abyss. I know choices are good but my goodness if I see another purse, it'll be too soon...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I made a difference at work last night. I stood up to Admissions and pointed out that an elderly woman with an active cough and potential respiratory infection should not be a roommate to a woman who was a readmit after a c-section because her 6 day old baby couldn't safely visit her. In spite of the hospital being full, they assigned her somewhere else.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I am in awe of the Lord this morning. Thursday morning I applied for a job, got a call back that same day. Yesterday I got shortlisted for an interview for next week. All that I asked of the Lord was that He enabled in me the ability to surrender the whole situation to Him and that I would be happy with whatever He deemed best for me and the kids. The fact that I am not anxious and second guessing this whole thing is what fills me with wonder about how great a Father He is. [emoji4]

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Good luck with the job. I know how stressful that situation can be.

Scattered thunderstorms again here today. Hard to plan anything anymore.
Thank you [emoji106] [emoji4] . Did research for the microteach yesterday. Will now need to find some activities for MC so that I can put it all together.

Upvote 0