Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't cuss people out but I am as straight to them in real life as when I post if they ask my opinion. One of my co-workers has actually said our manager is a bit afraid of me because I can't be bullied and will always speak my mind...when asked or when a wrong has been done to someone.
I have to admit I need to be more like this both online and offline. I sometimes feel as though I have allowed a person to believe that they have gotten one over me. The other end of the spectrum is when I fly off the handle and respond carnally/in the flesh.

Sent from my cuckoo, la la mind ;-)

Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Now that people were anonymous they should really be able to be themselves. Well I didn't know how right I was. In anonymity people are themselves. Their lowdown, dirty, nasty selves. I don't think people would say half the things they say if they weren't anonymous[...]

Yes, agreed...100%. Not only frustrating but sad. Haha, I don't cuss people out either. ;) I give people a lot of leeway because I don't know exactly what's going on in their lives but I won't put up with being bullied either. I let them know as politely as possible that I won't engage in that with them. I find it interesting that "having an opinion" can sometimes really just be a euphemism for being a bully or a low-down troll. Being part of a forum can certainly be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lotuspetal_uk
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Im learning assertive discipline. Sometimes its not good to ignore a problem, thinking it will go away. But sometimes its good to just walk away if someone aint listening, and thats a consequence for that person too, and they will learn whatever they try to do to provoke others, wont work.

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes wonder whether it's deliberate - like someone using a sock in order to increase traffic into quieter areas of a forum.

I have to walk away from the forums sometimes as I don't suffer rude fools lightly but I do wonder if some things I've read are done to deliberately provoke. In such instances I try not to rise to the bait. [emoji4]

Thank you for your words of wisdom. Something “clicked” when I read your post. I was very tired all the way around but your post gave me that reminder that I needed. Yeah I've walked away A LOT. I really feel what I've been witnessing are “bait” threads. I'm glad I didn't engage. Thanks again Sis for the heads up and putting things in perspective. :)

*Oh and later when I was laying down and everything was quiet, I heard the Spirit say, "that was your flesh" in terms of wanting to cuss people out. I was like, "oh yeah, that pesky thing!" Can't ever underestimate that...:eek::oops:

Upvote 0

quietpraiyze

In The Secret Place
Nov 18, 2011
✟93,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, agreed...100%. Not only frustrating but sad. Haha, I don't cuss people out either. ;) I give people a lot of leeway because I don't know exactly what's going on in their lives but I won't put up with being bullied either. I let them know as politely as possible that I won't engage in that with them. I find it interesting that "having an opinion" can sometimes really just be a euphemism for being a bully or a low-down troll. Being part of a forum can certainly be interesting.

Feels good to know I'm not alone! I think I should just stop reading when I start to feel that way and go to YouTube and listen to the ocean and pray!

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I agree there are bait threads. I'm sure some of my comments have felt like bait to some people who read them. Yet I believe what I write and its the same things I'd say in person. I love responding to some bait posts. I can find them entertaining and walk away from just reading, or after commenting. Its very rare that they get me upset.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I sometimes wonder whether it's deliberate - like someone using a sock in order to increase traffic into quieter areas of a forum.

I have to walk away from the forums sometimes as I don't suffer rude fools lightly but I do wonder if some things I've read are done to deliberately provoke. In such instances I try not to rise to the bait.
I've wondered about this myself.
Sometimes I'm even tempted to ask the provocateur how
much they're getting paid to stir things up.

-

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
There is a difference between arguing and discussing. Nobody ever learns anything by only hanging out with people who agree and know the same things that they do. Disagreements can be growing experiences when people present facts and use logic can be situation where people think...and either explore deeper what they believe or know...or be exposed to new information or new ideas. If you have to defend what you think you believe, you often have to revisit what you think...and find evidence to back your beliefs.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I've learned an incredible among from talking to and reading other peoples points of view. That is why I think freedom of speech is one of the most important idea and have since I was young felt that all Christians should support.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Maybe they got nothing better to do?
Anyway just pray to keep from temptation.

I would just say be quiet and mind your own business as it says in Timothy.
Whos got time to argue ALL the time? I dont.

Ok minding my own business.
Which makes this thread irrelevent. Why am i posting whats on my mind if Im meant to mind my own business? The person who started this thread surely doesnt want to REALLY know.

Arrgh!

So what are you trying to say....that everyone should mind their own business or be allowed to talk about what they think?

Or do you simply want us to agree with you all the time? and those are the only opinions and thoughts that matter.....

Upvote 0

Mydnyte

Dec 7, 2008
✟47,133.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Wow, this thread went off the rails. There's thoughts I share and things I keep to myself. I think obviously most of us are open to a point or we woudn't be online at all.

Anyhow. Finally got a kayak and gonna try to get it out and give it a try tomorrow. Just needed a way to escape and get away from it all sometimes.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've learned an incredible among from talking to and reading other peoples points of view. That is why I think freedom of speech is one of the most important idea and have since I was young felt that all Christians should support.
Amen, me too. [emoji5]

For all the years I've been a member on CF, the most I have gained has been the opportunity of Koinonia (fellowship) with people from around the world. The fact that we can laugh together, share together, learn from people like yourself and others who are imvho considerate [emoji106]. For me it shows our fruit [emoji4]

I deliberately refuse to go into other areas of the forum which seems to attract debate for the fun of it even when a OP does not warrant it.

But I confess, what sincerely irks me are posts from individuals whose sole purpose is to throw a side dig/ snide remark/ to mock a poster but since they have not directed a post specifically to an individual, they seemingly get away with it. That's when I log off and enjoy my garden. [emoji4]

Reactions: hopesprings
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
I learned last night that moving around too much while waiting for the melatonin supplement to kick in can induce motion-sickness. Tonight I'll make sure I'm just sitting in bed reading after taking the stuff. Whew....

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
some people over-share and expect...I don't know what they expect. I would just say lighten up. Because we meant to be lights shining in the darkness not candle snuffers and lurkers feeling sorry for ourselves.

We are christians remember??? And everyone is different.

I remember one time had a serious issue with a lady who said she was christian but kept putting her problems on me like she was projecting and then when I didn't share in her self-pity party she got mad at me. I was like, but I'm not you! Of course I don't understand! I'm sorry, you may have problems but they are not my problems!

Take to the Lord in prayer is what I say. (this wasn't anyone on here btw).

Upvote 0

hopesprings

Apr 18, 2016
Somewhere
✟20,507.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Amen, me too. [emoji5]

For all the years I've been a member on CF, the most I have gained has been the opportunity of Koinonia (fellowship) with people from around the world. The fact that we can laugh together, share together, learn from people like yourself and others who are imvho considerate [emoji106]. For me it shows our fruit [emoji4]

I deliberately refuse to go into other areas of the forum which seems to attract debate for the fun of it even when a OP does not warrant it.

But I confess, what sincerely irks me are posts from individuals whose sole purpose is to throw a side dig/ snide remark/ to mock a poster but since they have not directed a post specifically to an individual, they seemingly get away with it. That's when I log off and enjoy my garden. [emoji4]

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
What's been on my mind?
This hymn, for one thing:

Hymn: Alleluia! O Praiséd be God, by J.S. Bach
Audio: http://www.missionstclare.com/music/coll/alleluiaeaster.html

Lyrics:
"Alleluia! Alleluia!
O praiséd be God.
All raise your voices, sing with thankful voices.
Thou, God, today hast given us joy.
Hold fast to Him and praise His name eternal!"​

I sang it in my high school choir back in the day.
It's been playing in my head, for, like, days, so I searched the
net and found a version of it.
I love it.
That is all.

-

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I still need to find songs children can sing at school.

I am making a shortlist. One of the teachers used pharrel williams 'happy' in her class but children cant sing to that. The lesson didnt go well because the children were too hyped up as a result of hearing that song. Im not keen on using secular songs that have nothing to do with the lesson just to be 'cool'.

So far ive got

Gods love goes on and on
Tenei te ra...(this is the day)
My God is so big
Read your bible every day
Wise man built his house upon the rock

I need simple songs that are memorable, and you can sing without a backing track, preferably with actions.

Upvote 0