What will happen to the Messianic movement in 50 years ?

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I want unity based on a common gospel. There must be unity of teaching/dogma. After that can come differences... One local church can i.e. use one liturgy and another use a different liturgy. One local church can practice one set of traditions and another can practice another set of traditions. But all should be able to come together and break bread as one unified body. Anything short of this is IMHO the sin that Paul warned us of.

It's okay if you disagree. We can agree to disagree agreeably :D

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I want unity based on a common gospel. There must be unity of teaching/dogma. After that can come differences...

To me it makes no sense that commonality would be based on theoretical things as opposed to practical (real) things. It is absolute reality-denial.

The opposite is true. Unity is mostly based on how we live, not purely on what we believe.

If something so theoretical as having the same God is all that matters, I might as well go to the mosque.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
So, let's see if I understand you right. Would you say that, since you are basing your worship on commonality of practice, you are better off worshipping with Jews than with Christians?

Personally, I definetely agree with that.

But ideally, I wouldn't have to choose between OJ and Catholicism. I'd have the option of MJ.

But if MJ is swallowed up by Catholicism, or if MJ's decide to remain divisive, that cannot happen.

Upvote 0

dodari

1/2 Sephardic MJ--1/2 Lakota w/ #
Aug 6, 2010
✟15,613.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want unity based on a common gospel. There must be unity of teaching/dogma. After that can come differences... One local church can i.e. use one liturgy and another use a different liturgy. One local church can practice one set of traditions and another can practice another set of traditions. But all should be able to come together and break bread as one unified body. Anything short of this is IMHO the sin that Paul warned us of.

It's okay if you disagree. We can agree to disagree agreeably :D

Unity? With this? Hardly.

Pope Francis Meets Abbas: 'An Angel of Peace' - Global Agenda - News - Arutz Sheva

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Personally, I definetely agree with that.

But ideally, I wouldn't have to choose between OJ and Catholicism. I'd have the option of MJ.

But if MJ is swallowed up by Catholicism, or if MJ's decide to remain divisive, that cannot happen.
Okay. At least I can see where you are coming from. And though I disagree, I am not entirely unsympathetic. After all, in addition to attending my Catholic church, I do slip out to the nearby Synagogue on holy days.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Messianic Jewish Christian
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I hope you realize how short of a period of time this has been true. Innumerable people were murdered by RCC for keeping the commandments of The Almighty. This last Passover happened to coincide with "good friday". I thought it would be a good idea to select 2 spotless male lambs o the 10th, and slaughter them on the 14th to teach about the fulfillment of this prophetic time. I put a lot of time and money into making this happen. I found out at the last minute that in the country I now live in, all the Christians thought it was horrible to eat meat on "good friday". People are poor and don't eat meat often, so they accepted it anyway. It was interesting that most of these people were Protestant, but this original Catholic lie had persisted so far. I'm dissuading you from bridging the gap, so to speak. However it is not accurate to portray this as some sort of given.

Such hyperbole. I just can't take this post seriously. Not sure anyone could.

Upvote 0

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You kidding me ?

Typically it is the day people went to Temple and Synagogue.

But I can tell you are going to dispute everything I say now.

You mean it became a day when people went to shule or Beis HaMikdash. In the wandering there was neither. It is merely called a day of convocation in the Torah. Like Pesach. You can do that in your home.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
You mean it became a day when people went to shule or Beis HaMikdash. In the wandering there was neither. It is merely called a day of convocation in the Torah. Like Pesach. You can do that in your home.
Three times a year''' all males were to come before the Lord...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Insightful. You have convinced me of giving the spiritual authority of Yeshua over to obviously errant men.

Sounded to me more like you seized His authority for yourself...but whatever makes you feel ok.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married

No I don't mean became. I mean what I said.

As for convocation, it depends on your definition of convocation. It could mean two individuals meeting, or it could mean hundreds of thousands of people gathered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ContraMundum

Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Visit site
✟78,078.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No I don't mean became. I mean what I said.

So you believe people went to shule every shabbos in the desert and in Abraham's time before that?

As for convocation, it depends on your definition of convocation. It could mean two individuals meeting, or it could mean hundreds of thousands of people gathered.

Right.

Upvote 0