Karpalokuu

May 31, 2011
Finland
Visit site
✟15,174.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Doing Gods will makes God happy. It is said many times in the Bible.
Doing what Gods wants you to do, and following his orders in your everyday life makes God happy.
Praying and reading and studying the Bible will make you know more about what God wants you to do and how you can follow God and do his will in your everyday life.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God is always happy when we study and devote time to learning and praying. But I think God smiles down on His children as they go about their daily lives, what we think, how we act, how we listen for the leading of the Holy Spirit.

I don't think it is one particular action that makes God happy, but every action that goes into our walk hand in hand with Jesus, led by the Holy Spirit. The walk that when it is all over - we will hear 'WELL DONE MY GOOD AND FAITHFUL SERVANT.'

Upvote 0

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
To expand on what LWB said: Love God with all your heart, all your mind, and all you soul, and love everyone else as you love yourself, SECOND to GOD.

If you accomplish these two, everything else will fall in line.

Be blessed,
Lee52

Upvote 0

Lee52

Mar 11, 2011
Normal, Illinois
✟2,645.00
Faith
Wesleyan
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yes, and No, and both are made possible by GOD working in me through the power of HIS Holy Spirit.

I am incapable of doing them on my own.

The only thing I am capable of is listening to the leading of the Holy Spirit as He convicts me of my willfulness. I then have the choice of following the Holy Spirit, or attempting to lead the Holy Spirit.

Once I saw Jesus 'lifted up', I was drawn to HIM and asked HIM into my life as personal Savior and Lord of my life. From that point, HE began working in me, as I let HIM and as I surrendered more and more of myself to HIM.

It is a process of surrender, not an overnight change.

But, again, yes and no. I surrender, GOD makes changes, including giving me unconditional love for HIM and for my fellow mankind.

If you read my profile, you know that I was able to not love unconditionally and now I am able to do so.

Be blessed,
Lee52

Upvote 0

Harry3142

Apr 9, 2006
Ohio
✟20,229.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jordano-

Be careful to accept the direction of the Holy Spirit, as only through his guidance, direction, and even his protection can we truly serve God:

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict with each other, so that you do not do what you want. But if you are led by the Spirit. you are not under law.

The acts of the sinful nature are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other. (Galatians 5:16-26,NIV)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

633woman

"Seek first His kingdom and His righteousness
Jun 18, 2011
Tennessee
Visit site
✟7,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First read this:

1 Corinthians 13

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Now that you've read that list of to-do's and you likely thought there is no way you can do all of those things, read this:

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

We are human and despite our state as Christians, we will still sin and make mistakes. But through being dependent on Christ, He will give us the strength to do the things that God likes. Ultimately, before you get to the list of to-dos ... God wants devotion.

He wants you to want Him, His will, and His ways more than your own.

He doesn't want to have to compete for your affection. He wants all of you.

There is so much more I could write, but this is a good start. If you want something solid that gives more explanation, check out R.C. Sproll's book Pleasing God.

Upvote 0

heymikey80

Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum viditur
Dec 18, 2005
✟34,309.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
17You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. 18But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen. 2 Peter 3:17-18

"grace" is "unmerited favor". I know it sounds almost paradoxical, but many people grow up in the unmerited favor of their parents as well.

It's complicated. It's also real. As you grow in the understanding of how deep and how wide and how long His grace is, you will apply that amazement, that gratefulness, that forgiveness, that mercy in your life.

Upvote 0