What is your short story or one sentence, Why Do You love God?

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am Thankful to God, for the wonderful design of the human body and all it can do!
My love for my Creator is as natural as the breath I take in. We are one in Him and now we spread this Love to others. Blessings.

Upvote 0

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
To dare put such a huge question into one sentence...

I love God because He loved me first.

To expand a little, from 1 sentence to a short story...

Why do we love anything we love? Countless songs & stories have been written about falling in love, and quite a few of them marvel at how love can come without any idea why.

In that sense, my love for God is like any time I've fallen in love with a girl. Yes, there are traits of God I can point to, many of which give me reason to try to maintain this love. There are also traits of God, particularly in regards to prayers that don't seem to work & problems with Christians, that make me doubt this love. But commitment is a noble thing, and understanding every detail is never essential to staying in love. I see His commitment in the Crucifixion, in the Incarnation, in every covenant & blessing & action He didn't have to do, but He did for us...for me. I see the Gospels as historically accurate accounts of a real person, I see the Resurrection as proof of the greatest claims a man ever made (not an apologetics thread, but look up Cold Case Christianity to see the evidence for yourself), and if any man--particularly if the man is God!--is willing to suffer, just so I don't have to suffer alone, then that man is at least worthy of my respect, and love comes naturally over time.

Upvote 0