What the moment of salvation feels like

blanning

Sep 20, 2010
✟7,635.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post, but seems logical. :)

I was listening to Greg Lorie the other day on the radio. At the end of his broadcast, he had his normal call for salvation for the unsaved. Then he said that if you accepted jesus, you may have felt something wonderful or you may not have felt anything at all.

This was surprising to me since I had a real actual physical feeling the moment I became a christian. I have asperger's syndrome, so this might be hard for me to articulate, but the moment for me could probably be best described as an incredible feeling of love, the likes of which I've never felt before or since. Sort of the mother of all warm-fuzzies. It lasted maybe 20 seconds, then mostly subsided, but stayed with me for the rest of the evening. I guess I had always assumed that everyone experiences this.

So how does this compare to everyone else?

After some thought, I suspect that some people need a feeling like this as a sort of confirmation that they can carry with them forever, while other people maybe have enough faith or strength or conviction or whatever to not need such a thing. What do you think? Why do (evidently) some people experience something like this and others don't?

brian

Last edited:

Zalu

Dec 13, 2010
Puyallup, WA
✟7,790.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I had a similar feeling when I was baptized, but when I was saved, I had a very calming, soothing, and peaceful moment. I think it's based on how you lived before you were saved. I was always worried, anxious, curious about others' affairs, etc. I'm so glad that peace (that passes all understanding) has stuck with me. For those who didn't feel anything, maybe they didn't need to feel anything? I'm not really sure about that.

Upvote 0