What the brain is really for (get ready for this)

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,167.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
We know all of that.

The q was obviously about getting
infested with part of someone else's soul.
Soul life is what mobilizes us …it’s our breath life. I know many times soul is described as who we are ….that is not really true. Who we are (our characteristics) is determined by different variables of influences we acquire and develop.

Mammals have soul life…. but they cannot reason they operate by instinct. Beyond that… are questions that are outside of my capabilities that relate to how God set up the human body/mind to function.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Soul life is what mobilizes us …it’s our breath life. I know many times soul is described as who we are ….that is not really true. Who we are (our characteristics) is determined by different variables of influences we acquire and develop.

Mammals have soul life…. but they cannot reason they operate by instinct. Beyond that… are questions that are outside of my capabilities that relate to how God set up the human body/mind to function.
Strange beliefs.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

You really underestimate your fellow mammals.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe. I could make no sense of
it.

It's a bit of rambling about "souls" with some embedded claims that other mammals have very different behaviors than humans. Have these people never observed the behaviors of other mammals? I wonder sometimes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,437.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's a bit of rambling about "souls" with some embedded claims that other mammals have very different behaviors than humans. Have these people never observed the behaviors of other mammals? I wonder sometimes.
Seemed like made up nonsense
I have philosophy and animals do not
Prove either one

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

JohnEmmett

Jan 21, 2017
Salt Lake City
Visit site
✟130,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Celibate
Intentional or not, your "retorts" and comments about others are insulting and offensive.

the consequences of your beliefs are relevant

or lack of belief…

the afterlife is important to believe in

Last edited:
Upvote 0