United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You actually need "less".

Less of you.

God is not a hot rod that continually needs new and better parts for us to feel happy with him. If God starts to look "small" and starts making us want him to be "more", then the problem is us being too "big".

Amen and amen.

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Galatians 2:20
NIV

"He must increase, but I must decrease".

John 3:30
NIV

"As you go, preach this message: the kingdom of heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse those who have leprosy, drive out demons. Freely you have received , freely give".

Matthew 10:7-8
NIV

"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God-this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will".

Romans 12:1-2
NIV

Upvote 0

toLiJC

Jun 18, 2012
✟35,877.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm having a problem, I'm wondering "What more is there?"

So far I got:

Believe in God

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that he is real and that he is literally here (in Spirit).

Believe that Jesus is the only way to the Father.

Believe that he (Jesus) can save you from any circumstances (sinful lifestyle making you miserable) and help you be born again/redeemed/saved from your sins and help you make a 180 degree turnaround (truly change your whole person) in your life if you don't like the path your going down.

"Love", (from a born again heart/conscience) pretty much says it all/ What to "do", try not to sin...

Follow the law, not written down, but that of the law written down in/upon the born again heart/conscience...

What "more" is there, I feel empty inside, I got nothing except this (above)...

I don't know what to pray, could someone please, please "expound" on the basic principles/message for me, I'm on empty...

Help? Thanks...

God Bless!

you maybe need better things to fill your time, for some reasons the traditional in the faith may turn out to be monotonous (of course i do not mean the right faith or when the faith is practiced rightly, because after all the manifestation of the "darkness" is the thing that embitters), here is for example how in the process of the so-called ashtanga/dharana yoga meditation the yogi loses all interest in life and its life becomes uninspired and (in the same meaning) sapless, because yoga is a creed of the "darkness" (moreover the main/greatest creed of the "darkness"), of course by speaking so i do not try to imply that your faith is definitely sinful, but there is some life-giving medium in the faith

Blessing

Upvote 0

Light hearted

May 15, 2008
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm having a problem, I'm wondering "What more is there?"

So far I got:

Believe in God

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that he is real and that he is literally here (in Spirit).

Believe that Jesus is the only way to the Father.

Believe that he (Jesus) can save you from any circumstances (sinful lifestyle making you miserable) and help you be born again/redeemed/saved from your sins and help you make a 180 degree turnaround (truly change your whole person) in your life if you don't like the path your going down.

"Love", (from a born again heart/conscience) pretty much says it all/ What to "do", try not to sin...

Follow the law, not written down, but that of the law written down in/upon the born again heart/conscience...

What "more" is there, I feel empty inside, I got nothing except this (above)...

I don't know what to pray, could someone please, please "expound" on the basic principles/message for me, I'm on empty...

Help? Thanks...

God Bless!

Just questioning..... When you say, is there more? Have you rehashed the Gospel so many times that you need a deeper revelation?

Kinda like, you're saved and you know it, now isn't there deeper stuff within the 2000 pages of the Bible to chew on?

Just curious, Jim

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
To Thesunisout, among other things going from being saved by works to being saved by grace.

Genesis 15:6

And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

The scripture testifies that Abraham and the Old Testament saints were saved by faith. Romans 4 talks quite a bit about it.

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, the soul of him is lifted up, and is not upright; but the just shall live by his faith.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟130,041.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Genesis 15:6

And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

The scripture testifies that Abraham and the Old Testament saints were saved by faith. Romans 4 talks quite a bit about it.

Habakkuk 2:4 Behold, the soul of him is lifted up, and is not upright; but the just shall live by his faith.

Where do you get salvation from Gen 15;6?
It doesn't say he got salvation, it says it was counted to him for righteousness. Two different things.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Just questioning..... When you say, is there more? Have you rehashed the Gospel so many times that you need a deeper revelation?

Kinda like, you're saved and you know it, now isn't there deeper stuff within the 2000 pages of the Bible to chew on?

Just curious, Jim

Yes, exactly, it almost seems to simple, isn't there supposed to be deeper "sacred secrets" for us to "chew" on?

Upvote 0

Light hearted

May 15, 2008
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, exactly, it almost seems to simple, isn't there supposed to be deeper "sacred secrets" for us to "chew" on?

:clap: Yes, that's the exact answer I was hoping for.

I was were you are, then as I was reading the story of Joseph and his trials in Egypt. Then I thought, "why did Benjamin get 5 times more at the dinner table"?

Then "why did the bible switch from Jacob to Israel then back again and again"?

Why when Peter hauled in the net full of fish, why did they count 153, and not just round it to 150?

As I pondered many of these issues the Holy Spirit would either open my eyes to the truth or lead me down a path to the answers.

My point is, there is a ton of learning to be done but you have to go back to the OT to find Christ within the stories.

Everything starts and ends with Christ, find His Character within the scripture.

First and foremost, and most Christians won't agree with this, stop running your Christian life focused on sin. Know Grace, experience Grace, understand Grace, stand tall in Grace.

Live your Christian life focused on the price Jesus paid for the Grace you should be experiencing.

You can't do anymore than what Jesus did on the cross, once you stay with the knowledge and how He came down from Heaven to pay for your sins and the humbling He had to go through here on earth for miserable sinners as ourselves, every time you fail, humble yourself and thank Him, and stay Christ conscience vs focusing on sin and being sin conscience.

Being sin conscience blocks the ability of the Holy Spirit to move you to the next level, to where it sounds you have a strong desire to be, at the next level.

Hang in there, hold firm, be faithful in your patience, pray for a deeper relationship and I promise you will be going through your day and suddenly a voice from inside will quicken your heart and a new learning will begin.

There's not a person in God's favor in the OT that didn't have to wait patiently as God prepared the situation before He moved them to the next level.

I pray this for you also, Jim

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Not really. That was what the Gnostics believed. That's what the medieval RCC led us to believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Not really. That was what the Gnostics believed. That's what the medieval RCC led us to believe.

Both Jesus and Paul talked about the "secrets" of God, I think they are there to be found, it just becomes really easy to work off an assumption and go down a false reasoning/line/pathway, it/they (the secrets) should be looked for with much scrutiny...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
:clap: Yes, that's the exact answer I was hoping for.

I was were you are, then as I was reading the story of Joseph and his trials in Egypt. Then I thought, "why did Benjamin get 5 times more at the dinner table"?

Then "why did the bible switch from Jacob to Israel then back again and again"?

Why when Peter hauled in the net full of fish, why did they count 153, and not just round it to 150?

As I pondered many of these issues the Holy Spirit would either open my eyes to the truth or lead me down a path to the answers.

My point is, there is a ton of learning to be done but you have to go back to the OT to find Christ within the stories.

Everything starts and ends with Christ, find His Character within the scripture.

First and foremost, and most Christians won't agree with this, stop running your Christian life focused on sin. Know Grace, experience Grace, understand Grace, stand tall in Grace.

Live your Christian life focused on the price Jesus paid for the Grace you should be experiencing.

You can't do anymore than what Jesus did on the cross, once you stay with the knowledge and how He came down from Heaven to pay for your sins and the humbling He had to go through here on earth for miserable sinners as ourselves, every time you fail, humble yourself and thank Him, and stay Christ conscience vs focusing on sin and being sin conscience.

Being sin conscience blocks the ability of the Holy Spirit to move you to the next level, to where it sounds you have a strong desire to be, at the next level.

Hang in there, hold firm, be faithful in your patience, pray for a deeper relationship and I promise you will be going through your day and suddenly a voice from inside will quicken your heart and a new learning will begin.

There's not a person in God's favor in the OT that didn't have to wait patiently as God prepared the situation before He moved them to the next level.

I pray this for you also, Jim

Much thanks for that, it is true that recently, I've been spending a lot of my sole time studying in just the NT, but I want to try and "get it down" first before looking back into the OT, perhaps when I do I will find more puzzles and mysteries and secrets to "chew" on, I guess I'll just have to learn to be a little more patient, after all the "entire Bible" is a lot of information to cover and I can only do so much each day...

But thank you for showing me that there could be "more", thanks again, in Jesus name,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Light hearted

May 15, 2008
✟8,633.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Much thanks for that, it is true that recently, I've been spending a lot of my sole time studying in just the NT, but I want to try and "get it down" first before looking back into the OT, perhaps when I do I will find more puzzles and mysteries and secrets to "chew" on, I guess I'll just have to learn to be a little more patient, after all the "entire Bible" is a lot of information to cover and I can only do so much each day...

But thank you for showing me that there could be "more", thanks again, in Jesus name,

God Bless!

You're welcome, Jesus Himself helps us get a start on looking for Him in the OT.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, 15 that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.

He is referencing

Numbers 21:9
9 So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

There are many others that are written that we can search for as we read the OT.

Just as God wants us to do, always seek Jesus. Jim

Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Saints , What more is there? Answer ! The BEST part . Providing You've read & complied with what the Hebrew children were promised & experience fulfillment of . That most rejected for the hardness of their hearts .
Yahweh's Messiah YAHshua the one time propitiation for Reconciliation of condemned humanity , paid the ticket for ALL in obedience with what's called , the Renewed Covenant . ( other peoples mail ) exclusively Hebrew children until Acts 10 . The Apostle Peter with all eleven of the other Apostles delivered the keys to YAHweh's plan on the day of Pentecost .
Recorded in Acts chapter 2 .
An example of the benefits was demonstrated by YAHshua Himself in the GOOD NEWS delivered to the Saints in the beginning . " I have need by thee to be baptized -- and thou dost come unto me!' But Jesus answering said to him, `Suffer now, for thus it is becoming to us to fulfill all RIGHTEOUSNESS,' then he doth suffer him.

Then ; " Jesus went up immediately from the water, and lo, opened to him were the heavens, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove, and coming upon him,
and lo, a voice out of the heavens, saying, `This is My Son -- the Beloved, in whom I did delight.'

Then the first words of Chapter 4 is " Then Jesus was led up to the wilderness by the Spirit, to be tempted ... " ( Being empowered by YAHweh's Spirit .)

The punch line is found in Hebrews 9:26 since it had behoved him many times to suffer from the foundation of the world, but now once, at the full end of the ages, for putting away of sin through his sacrifice, he hath been manifested;
27 and as it is laid up to men once to die, and after this -- judgment,
28 so also the Christ, once having been offered to bear the sins of many, a second time, apart from a sin-offering, shall appear, to those waiting for him -- to salvation!

Mark 12:24 And Jesus answering said to them, `Do ye not because of this go astray, not knowing the Writings, nor the power of God?
25 for when they may rise out of the dead, they neither marry nor are thy given in marriage, but are as messengers who are in the heavens.
26 `And concerning the dead, that they rise: have ye not read in the Book of Moses (at The Bush), how God spake to him, saying, I [am] the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob;
27 he is not the God of dead men, but a God of living men; ye then go greatly astray.'

I love it , when a plan comes together ,".., but are as messengers who are in the heavens." ( All Scripture ( YLT ) unless indicated otherwise .)
( NKJV ) " .. , but are like angels in heaven. " HalleluYAH .

The servant ron .

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
how come, on a 'christian forum', no one repeated what Yahshua said plainly is needed to be saved??? (there truly is a famine of the hearing of the Word as Scripture says there will be; so if anyone wants to know how to be saved, go read it!!! (in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) (it's not stated here very often correctly, but Scripture is always right))

besides which, also(i.e. not only this) >>
Is Repentance Necessary for Salvation ? - The Evidence Bible
... (Acts 2:38). Without repentance, there is no remission of sins; we are still under His wrath. Peter further said, "Repent . ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shadow316

May 21, 2014
✟7,886.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
how come, on a 'christian forum', no one repeated what Yahshua said plainly is needed to be saved???

... (Acts 2:38). Without repentance, there is no remission of sins; we are still under His wrath. Peter further said, "Repent . ...

I agree - I read til this post on p4 looking for it... and repentance? Why IS there a question on this? It's a given. It takes more than 180 degrees to go full circle...

I've been a Christian for over 30 yrs and I haven't scratched the surface of what's in God's word. There are many mysteries in it. Understanding a lot of the NT takes info from the OT. Plus the times, culture etc. Every time I reread a book I find something new - and am always in awe that it's been there all along. I listen to numerous bible studies a day (I can do that now that I no longer work) - and I listen to a program by Rabbi Lapin. He often has good info from the Jewish view and what things mean in Hebrew. A wealth of info in the few I've watched. I listen to another that has so much packed into it that I sometimes listen to it 2 or 3 times - and take notes.

There will never be enough time in this earthly life to study and know all that He has for us in His Book.

Upvote 0

ron4shua

Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how come, on a 'christian forum', no one repeated what Yahshua said plainly is needed to be saved??? (there truly is a famine of the hearing of the Word as Scripture says there will be; so if anyone wants to know how to be saved, go read it!!! (in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) (it's not stated here very often correctly, but Scripture is always right))

Just wondering if everyone overlooked my post in this thread? I know sometimes it seems to happen. Here is what I said:

"So if you have repented (turned from sin and towards God), and you have believed that Jesus has done the work to save you, and if you call on Him and choose to follow Him, then you only lack one thing...Believe that He HAS saved you and continue in that faith. Grow in your walk with Him and enjoy the gifts God has given. "

Upvote 0

ron4shua

Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings Brother jbearnolimits ,

"So if you have repented (turned from sin and towards God), and you have believed that Jesus has done the work to save you, and if you call on Him and choose to follow Him, then you only lack one thing...Believe that He HAS saved you and continue in that faith. Grow in your walk with Him and enjoy the gifts God has given. "
Dear Brother , I believe the formula expounded be Peter " But Peter, standing up with the eleven ... " , " .... they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

The one command not on your list , Obedience .

The reason the " Lost sheep " are still lost , because of the hardness of their hearts,
".... being grieved by the hardness of their hearts, "
" Do you not yet perceive nor understand? Is your heart still hardened? "
“Because of the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept."

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. 39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

Even our propitiation obeyed . Matthew 3 And John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I need to be baptized by You, and are You coming to me?”15 But Jesus answered and said to him, “Permit it to be so now, for thus it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he allowed Him.

Isaiah 40 The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the Lord; Make straight in the desert A highway for our God.
Mark 1 “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘Prepare the way of the Lord; Make His paths straight.’”

Acts 5:32 And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.”

That's the way I read , " the way " to reconciliation with my Creator , Elohim YAHweh .

The servant ron .

Last edited:
Upvote 0