United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm having a problem, I'm wondering "What more is there?"

So far I got:

Believe in God

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that he is real and that he is literally here (in Spirit).

Believe that Jesus is the only way to the Father.

Believe that he (Jesus) can save you from any circumstances (sinful lifestyle making you miserable) and help you be born again/redeemed/saved from your sins and help you make a 180 degree turnaround (truly change your whole person) in your life if you don't like the path your going down.

"Love", (from a born again heart/conscience) pretty much says it all/ What to "do", try not to sin...

Follow the law, not written down, but that of the law written down in/upon the born again heart/conscience...

What "more" is there, I feel empty inside, I got nothing except this (above)...

I don't know what to pray, could someone please, please "expound" on the basic principles/message for me, I'm on empty...

Help? Thanks...

God Bless!

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm shocked. You missed the absolute most essential thing of all.

Believe that Jesus Christ, God the Son in the flesh, lived the life of perfect obedience that you have not, bore your sin in his own body, was crucified, suffered and died under divine wrath in your place, was buried, and rose again from the dead victorious over sin and death, having made atonement for your sins.

That is the gospel, that is THE essential thing to believe. On the cross God the Father treated Jesus as if he had lived your life, so that he could treat you as if you had lived his. Believe that!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm shocked. You missed the absolute most essential thing of all.

Believe that Jesus Christ, God the Son in the flesh, lived the life of perfect obedience that you have not, bore your sin in his own body, was crucified, suffered and died under divine wrath in your place, was buried, and rose again from the dead victorious over sin and death, having made atonement for your sins.

That is the gospel, that is THE essential thing to believe. On the cross God the Father treated Jesus as if he had lived your life, so that he could treat you as if you had lived his. Believe that!

Thank you very much, ALoveDivine, I know/knew that too, but just couldn't think of it (remember or recall it) at the moment, "God treated Jesus like us, so that we could be treated like him" I think I'm gonna write your comment down or print it out and do well to remember it, Thank You again...

Much thanks for helping a soul crying out for "help", in Jesus Christ's Holy name,

God Bless you!

Anyone else have anything to add, I need "more" please,

God Bless everyone!

Reactions: psalms 91
Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone else have anything to add, I need "more" please,

You actually need "less".

Less of you. From your OP, you know God. You know Jesus. You know the simplicity of the gospel from ALoveDivine's post.

God is not a hot rod that continually needs new and better parts for us to feel happy with him. If God starts to look "small" and starts making us want him to be "more", then the problem is us being too "big".

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What about repentance from sin, is this required?, none of that is mentioned in ALoveDivine's post...

Maybe that should be titled: What should be our reaction to the Good News (Gospel)?

But is repentance required to be saved? and should that be part of the gospel mentioned?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

ALoveDivine

Saved By Grace
Jun 25, 2010
Detroit, MI
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What about repentance from sin, is this required?, none of that is mentioned in ALoveDivine's post...

Maybe that should be titled: What should be our reaction to the Good News (Gospel)?

But is repentance required to be saved? and should that be part of the gospel mentioned?

God Bless!

Repentance is very often misinterpreted. It is not a giving up of all sin, that would be a work. No one who comes to Christ comes forsaking ALL sin, as they arent even aware of all their sin. They come to Christ because they know they are sinners deserving of Hell and they know Christ to be the only one who can save them.

Repentance is a change of mind, it is a turning from self to God. Wheas before God was irrelevant to you, now you come to him humbly as a sinner in need of saving grace. That is repentance; it is the confession that one is utterly without merit and is justly condemned as a sinner. It is the abandonment of self-trust that results in a humble turning to God.

Rather than describing it as 'turning from sin' (that causes confusion), I would describe it as a 'turning TO God'.

What must you do to be saved? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That means trust him and him alone for your salvation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Repentance is very often misinterpreted. It is not a giving up of all sin, that would be a work. No one who comes to Christ comes forsaking ALL sin, as they arent even aware of all their sin. They come to Christ because they know they are sinners deserving of Hell and they know Christ to be the only one who can save them.

Repentance is a change of mind, it is a turning from self to God. Wheas before God was irrelevant to you, now you come to him humbly as a sinner in need of saving grace. That is repentance; it is the confession that one is utterly without merit and is justly condemned as a sinner. It is the abandonment of self-trust that results in a humble turning to God.

Rather than describing it as 'turning from sin' (that causes confusion), I would describe it as a 'turning TO God'.

What must you do to be saved? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ. That means trust him and him alone for your salvation.

Thank you for that ALoveDivine, I do all too often associate repentance, as turning away from sin, instead of a sinner turning to God in humbleness and humility, confessing and asking for forgiveness for our sins (which I "now" do) as all Christ did fully atone for them,

I just hate sinning, Oh how I wish I could be free of it, when I sin and then confess Jesus Christ, I just feel bad, like I am using or taking advantage of him.

"Repentance is a change of mind, it is a turning from self to God. Wheas before God was irrelevant to you, now you come to him humbly as a sinner in need of saving grace. That is repentance; it is the confession that one is utterly without merit and is justly condemned as a sinner. It is the abandonment of self-trust that results in a humble turning to God."

Very well said, turning from self to God, abandonment of self-trust, and a fully trusting in him, well said, Thank you...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2011
✟10,276.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Picture a plane of reality where things happen under God's direction. A kingdom, where you have a role, and are already housed in the castle, doing the King's work, and attending the meetings.

You are not just believing a king exists, or subjecting yourself to His rule and protection. You are an active participant in what goes on.

This looks different for each person. Some find that prayer takes them a lot further than they expected. When praying for others, God will put new information on their hearts, and they find themselves praying for strangers' troubles that they later find out were real and immediate needs.

Some people will find opportunities to counsel pop up everywhere. A person will approach them in a store distraught, and it will seem evident that God brought the need together with a comforting voice at a precise moment.

God moves, God knits people and circumstances together, and it is very exciting.

You have probably read the parable of the talents -- when we use what God has give us, He gives us more to work with. That applies so often in caring for others -- if we use opportunities to connect with people, or pursue ideas He gives us, or allow His training to build us up... then He will keep it coming.

Ask Him to work through you. As you step into a crowd of people, ask God to bring people with needs to you, and then care for them, with what they seem to need.
It becomes quite an adventure.

Upvote 0

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What you are lacking is knowledge of your purpose. You will not find your purpose in the bible. Even worse, you will not find clear directions in the bible telling you how to find it. What you will find are symbolic analogies like "straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to everlasting life, and few there be that find it". The context for making sense of these symbolic analogies is not in the bible either. I know where it is if you are interested.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Neogaia, what's going on? From your other posts on the forum you seem to be full of faith and wisdom but here you seem depressed and in great need. I'm concerned and will pray for you.

No matter what outward circumstances are or how I feel emotionally there is something that always sustains me: I know deep within me that God loves me. This isn't an academic head-truth to which I acquiesce but a spiritual knowledge at the very core of my being.

God is my father and I am his son. Everything else is secondary to that so no matter what may be happening in this life, good or bad, God's love is far more important. Whenever you can, including right now as you're reading this, think about what that relationship means. God, the creator and sustainer of the universe, has chosen you and me and many others to be his own family. We are deeply and unconditionally loved -- forever.

"...whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if something is excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things... and the God of Peace will be with you."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Neogaia, what's going on? From your other posts on the forum you seem to be full of faith and wisdom but here you seem depressed and in great need. I'm concerned and will pray for you.

No matter what outward circumstances are or how I feel emotionally there is something that always sustains me: I know deep within me that God loves me. This isn't an academic head-truth to which I acquiesce but a spiritual knowledge at the very core of my being.

God is my father and I am his son. Everything else is secondary to that so no matter what may be happening in this life, good or bad, God's love is far more important. Whenever you can, including right now as you're reading this, think about what that relationship means. God, the creator and sustainer of the universe, has chosen you and me and many others to be his own family. We are deeply and unconditionally loved -- forever.

"...whatever is true, whatever is worthy of respect, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if something is excellent or praiseworthy, think about these things... and the God of Peace will be with you."

Upvote 0

Bright Spark

Sep 13, 2014
South West UK
✟15,111.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Maybe is less 'doing' and simply learning to 'beloved' as a daughter or a son.

Sometimes the simple dialogue we have with Him, can be the most effective in a few words

'Help me'
'Father me'
'You can I can't'

Relationship is not a formula and the journey of the heart is yours alone, be free to journey with Holy Spirit to guide you. There's no hard fast rules and it's the work of 'them' doing in you 'being'

(Them - as in father son Holy Spirit inside of you)

Thanks for letting me share,

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So far I got:

Believe in God

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that he is real and that he is literally here (in Spirit).

Believe that he (Jesus) can save you from any circumstances (sinful lifestyle making you miserable) and help you be born again/redeemed/saved from your sins and help you make a 180 degree turnaround (truly change your whole person) in your life if you don't like the path your going down.

"Love", (from a born again heart/conscience) pretty much says it all/ What to "do", try not to sin...

Follow the law, not written down, but that of the law written down in/upon the born again heart/conscience...

I don't know what to pray, could someone please, please "expound" on the basic principles/message for me, I'm on empty...

Help? Thanks...

God Bless!

What's more is that God put you on this planet for a reason. He didn't just save you so that you could avoid hell, He saved you so that you could fulfill the purpose He created you for.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

That purpose is to bear fruit for the Kingdom of God:

Romans 7:4 Likewise, my brothers, you also have died to the law through the body of Christ, so that you may belong to another, to him who has been raised from the dead, in order that we may bear fruit for God.

What that looks like is unique to the person that you were created to be, the giftings He has given you, and the people He has put into your life. As Jesus was the express image of the Father, we are to reflect the image of Christ to all those we come across. If that isn't enough "more" for you, what would be? Eternity is at stake and God can use you to touch peoples lives as you surrender to His will and purpose for your life. What more do you need than that? You have to realize we are in a war and the enemy doesn't disappear when we stop fighting. If anything, he may stop attacking because he has us right where he wants us. We have to be sober minded and vigilant, because our enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What you are lacking is knowledge of your purpose. You will not find your purpose in the bible. Even worse, you will not find clear directions in the bible telling you how to find it. What you will find are symbolic analogies like "straight is the gate and narrow is the way that leads to everlasting life, and few there be that find it". The context for making sense of these symbolic analogies is not in the bible either. I know where it is if you are interested.

The Holy Spirit is who teaches us how to understand scripture:

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.

The scripture is our instruction manual, completely sufficient to bring us into right relationship with God, and fulfilling the purpose He created us for:

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

We do not need the bible + something else. Those who are born again and have the Spirit of God dwelling inside of them can correctly interpret Gods word with His help. Without His help, you cannot understand the word of God:

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Upvote 0

jbearnolimits

Pastor
Mar 13, 2014
Mobile, AL
Visit site
✟16,256.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So far I got:

Believe in God

Help? Thanks...

God Bless!

I hope the past few days have found you well. I hate to hear about this feeling of emptiness you have. There is something that I haven't seen said which is the final key in the Gospel.

While I disagree with some of what has been said about repentance I do see that you have a desire to follow God and not sin. But in all that has been said there is one thing lacking. Faith.

You may believe that Jesus can save you if you call on Him to do so and repent. But when you do so you must also believe that He has.

It isn't a feeling, it is trusting His word on it.

One other thing I want to suggest is that the whole duty of man is to fear God and shun evil. But even though that is our duty, our lives are also filled with family, friends, entertainment, and the pleasures of life. We are supposed to enjoy them as a gift from God. As long as we remember His word on how to do so and honor Him.

So if you have repented (turned from sin and towards God), and you have believed that Jesus has done the work to save you, and if you call on Him and choose to follow Him, then you only lack one thing...Believe that He HAS saved you and continue in that faith. Grow in your walk with Him and enjoy the gifts God has given.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

single eye

Jun 12, 2014
✟16,169.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
to thesunisout, I see that you think the bible and scripture are synonomous as did I at one time. That does not mean it is true. Most people see a distinct disconnect between the o.t. and n.t. Also many people see a distinct disconnect between the gospels and modern day christianity. I did not find the commonly given reasons for these obvious disparities made much sense. This does not make me wrong.

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
to thesunisout, I see that you think the bible and scripture are synonomous as did I at one time. That does not mean it is true. Most people see a distinct disconnect between the o.t. and n.t. Also many people see a distinct disconnect between the gospels and modern day christianity. I did not find the commonly given reasons for these obvious disparities made much sense. This does not make me wrong.

I'm not sure what you mean about a distinct disconnect between the OT and the NT. Could you elaborate on this?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Thank You, thank all of you, I just feel like I emptied myself and am in need of filling again, I go through this sometimes, God will give me something when he's ready (he always has in the past) When I get full, I write, or type and post on here, but then I get empty, and need to take in new info, at which time I study, read, and take in information, It's just that, this time, was seeming to take a little bit longer to get "filled" again...

I was just being impatient, God may have wanted me to slow down and relax for a respite, but I am use to "doing" and being "full" of ideas, so when I run out, I go looking for inspiration (take in info) and God helps me (I believe)...

But, yes, I do know God loves me (and all of you) and I often rest in that thought... I'm not really "depressed" just feeling empty (at the moment) but I would greatly appreciate prayers, as I will pray for you on here...

I just feel like I was about to get lost in the emptiness (since it has lasted a little longer this time) and it made me panic...

Thank all of you on here for your time, energy, effort and thoughtful replies, I much appreciate it and am gleaning much from them, thank you...

In Jesus name,

God Bless!

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

So far I got:

Believe in God

Help? Thanks...

God Bless!
The fullness of the indwelling of the Holy Spirit....

it would take me an hour to explain all the scriptures, read Acts first but here is a link to an evangelical John Piper. I like him but he is not Pentecostal but its a middle ground and I do believe he knows the Lord intimately. Just reading many of his articles you'll feel the lord love coming through...

How to Receive the Gift of the Holy Spirit | Desiring God

J.Piper refers to a book by the Bennets it is sold used on amazon for .01 with 3.99 S&H. So $4.00 not much of an investment to change your life.

Derek Prince has many You tube videos that teach about the Holy Spirit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hV1JE-nfx0 - powerful teaching

God bless, andrea

Upvote 0