✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To have no passion or a knowledge base that puts nothing or no one higher than anything or anyone.

I guess that is the real universal picture, that everything alive for example is true in the sense that it survives, has a food or energy source, had a way to come into existence, and is as 'true' as anything else. Every living thing is transitional in that every species is in the process of change and will get bigger or smaller just as it's own predecessors were smaller or bigger, everything is in the process of change and is therefore not an eternal truth, just true at the time.

But I put the universal view point aside because each of us has a limited amount of time and brain space so humans in society need to spread out and take different interests to make a society. We need experts in trains, cars, aircraft, solar cells and so on, and they can not all be the in the same person since nobody has the time to be an expert in everything.

So I would suggest... pick a favorite and go for it.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Imagine you absolutely loved Britain in the 1950s... a fast plane that could be flown this slowly and manoeuvred with no risk of losing it to a stall, just a superb flyer and I think, a thing of beauty.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The smoke is intrinsic to the design, the engines are too close together to use combustion cans, so a hybrid arrangement of cans and annular chamber is used with a lot of surface area and a fair amount of incomplete combustion. Overall efficiency is very good nonetheless, and subsequent versions of the engine had a fully annular combustion chamber which had been perfected by then, and are smoke-free. (But back in 1946 when the specification was written and 1947 when the tenders accepted no one knew for sure that smoking was harmful.)

Upvote 0

ShawnMCG

Church Growth Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2015
Southern California
Visit site
✟15,191.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Church growth! I love seeing a healthy church develop leaders, help others, and make a difference in their cities! :)

I also love playing the piano, and singing in the shower, although, i'm sure I'm the only one who'd enjoy my voice... haha. :)

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟26,473.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I am passionate about teaching and writing. I enjoy both of them. I love discussing topics with people specially kids. I love their enthusiasm for tasks. They can be really focused. I write stories for fun. I guess writing is a way of exploring feelings, emotions and ideas.

I also like to cook. We got my mum a theromix for her birthday. It is so much fun. I want one! But they are very expensive.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have spent many happy hours listening to various organs, a wonderful fairground one in real life and many others on Youtube.

The largest functioning concert / church organ in the World in terms of number of pipes is in the Wanamaker (now Macy's) Department Store in Philadelphia. 28,604 pipes in total it is sufficiently loud but has never sacrificed quality for volume, only reaching the correct sound level after Macy's took over the store and glassed in the upper two floors from the atrium so the sound no longer got lost in the bedding department.

The present light display is shown from 1:59

The previous Wanamaker Christmas Tree using 23,635 incandescent bulbs drew 288,000 watts and could only be run at full power for 21 seconds, when it was suddenly switched off to avoid overheating the cables.

If you live further West you might be able to visit what may be the largest theater organ in the World. It has many different types of instrument included as 'pipes' and is far more versatile.

Here is the Organ Stop Pizza organ just a few miles West of the airport in Phoenix. The parts of the instrument currently playing are generally lit by spot lights or in some other way.

This piece by Saint-Saens makes good use of several tricks, a few symbol crashes, a fantastic piece of piano work, sections carried magnificently by the strings and in other places the horns, underlaid by the timpani and outstanding use of the organ. It needs the unique sound of a large orchestral/church organ, but at the end it also makes good use of a huge 32 foot pipe (it has two, one wood one metal, I'd be interested to know which it was using).

I've always found it is better to come into the final movement at least a few minutes before it, and it is often best to listen to the whole piece as it isn't very long, but the Auckland Symphony Orchestra here starts at the Finale, it is best played LOUD:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My passion is art. I love drawing and painting. There's an electricity I feel whenever I'm inspired, and I imagine that's how God felt when He created the universe and everything within it.

I would be interested to see an example, either of a piece you have made or one you particularly appreciate.

Both a painting and a piece of music I find can penetrate the mind with something outside ourselves. Sometimes I listen to Christian music all night long, hearing it a minute or two in the shallow parts of sleep.

This sounds so much like a church melody or monastic chant it has latin lyrics, but the pictures are new and mean a lot to anyone who has followed the Dr. Who series, for anyone not familiar I would recommend starting at the revival in 2005. Dr Who as well as having many other components, usually has a difficult moral dilemma, often unsolved at the end of an episode, some of which the Dr has no way to answer.

This is the Song of Captivity and Freedom, starting I think in the last movement of the Song of Freedom:

Katherine Jenkins is seen at the first part of the Song of Freedom back at 2m 52s

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The 2005 revival of Dr. Who followed the same plot line as the original set which ended in Dec 1989.

The plot line is based on a the Time Lord Dr. Who (he's always a bit of an unknown) and companions traveling in time and space in the TARDIS. Since the revival a lot of earlier elements have been developed a lot, the Type 40 TARDIS is now part living being and part black hole power source.

Pre revival Dr. Who had been made in 25 minute shows, most ending in a cliff hanger. Post revival it is in 45 minute shows with a lot more happening in each, most being a complete self contained episode in itself, rather than part of a serial that needed to be followed weekly.

Fear has often been produced, daleks in the dark foggy London evening, difficult to see but very dangerous, hence the term 'watching from behind the sofa' that so many children did when Dr. Who was on, not wanting to miss everything, just the scary bits.

There's plenty of humour both obvious and obscure, and often also very good mood setting music.

Like Star Trek, Dr. Who also has plenty of technology. Instead of phasors the Dr. has a sonic screwdriver that is mainly a tool, also a low powered weapon, but it can do over a hundred different things, and there is an abundance of other items of alien technology.

One thing I've found that stretches the mind is the Dr. isn't the father figure the original Capt Kirk was, but a very brainy human-like alien who regularly goes well beyond the level of existing human intelligence and he doesn't stay within a simple character type, and fairly often he is proven wrong but when he is, it is a learning experience where everything found previously has to be reinterpreted in a new way, a lot like true learning in real life.

You can find many parts of the shows on youtube or it's rivals, and it is also on Netflix.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think despite the technology, aliens and being in the sci fi genre, the activity is more like Sherlock Holmes or Miss Marple, as the sequence of events, resources, abilities, habits and motives of each character are discovered.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Church growth! I love seeing a healthy church develop leaders, help others, and make a difference in their cities! :)

I also love playing the piano, and singing in the shower, although, i'm sure I'm the only one who'd enjoy my voice... haha. :)

I would like to repeat your statement: 'make a difference'.

My own opinion is that although the US contains about 50% born again Christians in it's population, they have made no significant difference to the behaviour of the country. The murder rate is 4.7 times higher than in largely agnostic Britain, the divorce rate in the churches here is the same as in the general population. I would say the 'make a difference' you mentioned is exactly what should always result, and if there is no difference then something has gone very badly wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That wasn't Clara Oswald but a Zygon with her appearance. To help resolve the conflict the appearances were swapped around so rather than de rating what someone said on the basis that of course they would say that because that is a Zydon or human, the ad hominem was avoided by changing appearances and memories (the device on the ceiling erased memories, usually temporarily) so the arguments could be heard for their merits only.

Have our conflicts been that insoluble? WW1 nearly fizzled out when the soldiers met on Christmas Eve on a truce they had arranged, when miles of trenches fell silent. It started with carols, then climbing out of the trenches they first buried the dead, then exchanged gifts and played football. For days after that they would not shoot at each other. It took concerted action by the people with power to get the war restarted. Including civilians and fighting in the Mediterranean and Ottoman Empire a third of a million died on average each month in that war. As usual some rich people made a lot of money from it.

This situation looked a lot worse. The Zygons wanted our planet leaving us with no choice but to defend it. Our defence and their attack would destroy it leaving no winners, only losers.

I'm at the disadvantage of not having seen the episode, but I do know in a previous one the homo reptilia wanted the parts of Earth we don't use and had developed a source of limitless energy they were happy to share.

Be kind, there is only one human race.

Upvote 0