What is your favorite activity to do outside?

K9_Trainer

Unusually unusual, absolutely unpredictable
May 31, 2006
✟18,437.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Going camping, going hiking, going to the beach and swimming in the ocean, just sitting and enjoying the sun while reading a book, laying on a pool floaty, playing with/training my dogs, walking to the park with my dogs, going herping or going on nature walks, birdwatching or just plain laying on my back under the stars! :)

Upvote 0

jennm

Dec 19, 2004
I live for God
✟431.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We go to our state park and go for a slaw drive and then walk the trails and cat-walks looking at gators, armadillos, wild pigs, hawks, eagles, snakes, squirless etc etc etc. It is wonderful, then we always end up at their picnic park, where there is no one around and just lay in the graass and listen to the wind through the trees and the cry of the Eagles and Hawks in the trees.
:)

Upvote 0

Macano

Jun 16, 2005
Visit site
✟15,867.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hiking and backpacking. I love to get way out into the wilderness, far away from any roads, cars, and other people (other than those I'm with). And the more rugged, the better. I love the mountains - they are truly the only place I feel real peace and have the worries of the world melt away.

Upvote 0

Yamialpha

Celeritas
Oct 5, 2004
✟2,914.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For me, it depends on the season. Right now my favorite outdoor activity is trapping. I also enjoy making brushpiles, improving habitat for animals, working on my rabbit foodplots, killing off invasive species, and hunting furbearers, squirrels, and crows. During the spring, I enjoy gardening, fishing, turkey hunting, and finding nightcrawlers after the rain. During the summer I fish, work in my garden, and play in the yard with my dog. The fall is the time when I pick walnuts, apples, and persimmons, fish, start my fall garden, bowhunt, and hunt deer, turkey, and pheasent. I also plant food plots for deer and rabbits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JerryK

Jan 26, 2007
✟7,632.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Mountain Climbing!

I've only done one so far, but I'm getting back into the mind-body-spiritual training required for it.

Second favorite is hiking to high elevations that doesn't require technical gear (such as ice axes, ropes, snow pants :) and so on). I hope to become a guide at some point, but I've got a loooong way to go!

Upvote 0

icbeckyc

Mar 9, 2006
Texas
✟12,056.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When we go camping we love to geocache. It is fun we have a backpack all ready to go with compasses and 2 handheld GPS's, treasures to put in pens to sign books. We haven't left one anywhere yet, but plan to eventually. My kids have really gotten good at using a compass.

Upvote 0