Not open for further replies.

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What a blessed place, in the shadow of His hand!
Your shadow at your right hand

The LORD is thy keeper:
the LORD is thy shade upon thy right hand. - Psalm 121:5
1. Shadow of the appleAs the apple tree among the trees of the wood, so is my beloved among the sons. I sat down under his shadow with great delight, and his fruit was sweet to my taste.
- Song of Solomon 2:3
2. Shadow of vine and figAnd Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beersheba, all the days of Solomon.
- 1 Kings 4:25
3. Shadow of gourd
And the LORD God prepared a gourd, and made it to come up over Jonah, that it might be a shadow over his head, to deliver him from his grief. So Jonah was exceeding glad of the gourd.
- Jonah 4:6

Psalms 63:7-8 (KJV) 7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.
8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

Reminds me of the 32nd chapter of Isaiah, describing the coming blessings of Christ's kingdom, and of a song by Fanny Crosby.

Isaiah 32:1-2 (KJV) 1 Behold, a king shall reign in righteousness, and princes shall rule in judgment.
2 And a man shall be as an hiding place from the wind, and a covert from the tempest; as rivers of water in a dry place, as the shadow of a great rock in a weary land.

THE SHADOW OF THE ROCK

Lead to the shadow of the Rock of Refuge
My weary feet;
Give me the water from the life-stream flowing
Clear, pure and sweet.

Refrain
There from the billows and the tempest hiding,
Under the shelter of Thy love abiding,
Safe in the shadow of the “Rock of Ages,”
Joy shall be mine!

Lead to the shadow of the Rock Eternal
My heart oppressed;
There in the secret of Thy holy presence,
Calm shall I rest.

Refrain

Lead to the shadow of the Rock of Ages;
Oh, keep Thou me
Safe from the arrows of the world’s temptations,
Close, close to Thee!

Refrain

May we all find the love and joy of being in His shadow, the Rock of Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let there be light
And God said, Let there be light:
and there was light. - Genesis 1:3
1. Victory in wars - David
For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
- 2 Samuel 22:29

2. Vigour in his worries - Job
When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness;
- Job 29:3

3. Vision in wicked plans - Peter
And, behold, the angel of the Lord came upon him, and a light shined in the prison: and he smote Peter on the side, and raised him up, saying, Arise up quickly. And his chains fell off from his hands.
- Acts 12:7

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 5:6-11.
CALVARY'S LOOK OF LOVE

It is at Calvary, perhaps more than anywhere else that we hear God saying, "I love you."

THE MEANING OF CALVARY Vs. 6-8
The righteous Son of God died for the ungodly (That's us folks.) See Isaiah 64:6 and 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.

THE MAGNITUDE OF CALVARY Vss. 9-10
God has justified us through the blood of His Son!
We have been reconciled to God.

THE MERCY OF CALVARY Vs. 11
We have joy because we have experienced God's mercy through the atonement.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is a faithful saying.

We find four times this word in Pauline epistles, it teaches four great truths.

1. Salvation.

I Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ
Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

2. Godliness.

I Timothy 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto
all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which
is to come.
4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

3. Confidence.

II Timothy 2:11 It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live
with him:
2:12 If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also
will deny us:
2:13 If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself.

4. Maintain good works.

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm
constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful
to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto
men.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God leads ( Guides ) us.

1. God leads us Continually.

Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in
drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered
garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.

2. God leads us Gently.

Isaiah 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs
with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead
those that are with young.

3. God leads us Successfully.

Isaiah 42:16 And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead
them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light
before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do
unto them, and not forsake them.

4. God leads us Compassionately.

Isaiah 49:10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun
smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even
by the springs of water shall he guide them.

5. God leads us Profitably.

Isaiah 48:17 Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am
the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth
thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

6. God leads us Peacefully.

Isaiah 57:18 I have seen his ways, and will heal him: I will lead him also, and
restore comforts unto him and to his mourners.
57:19 I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off, and
to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.

7. God leads us Gloriously.

Isaiah 63:12 That led them by the right hand of Moses with his glorious arm,
dividing the water before them, to make himself an everlasting
name?
63:13 That led them through the deep, as an horse in the wilderness, that
they should not stumble?
63:14 As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD
caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy people, to make thyself a
glorious name.

Give Thanks To The Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

EarthMomma

Veteran
Oct 19, 2005
Florida
✟2,990.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks so much for the meat in this message.
God leads ( Guides ) us.

1. God leads us Continually.

Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
He is worthy to be praised for leading us continually! And it is in the power and virtue of His Holy Spirit that He is continually leading us. I love the reference to the spring of water that never fails. Walking in the power of that Holy Spirit, we follow Him.
John 4:14 (KJV) But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

And out of us, flows that very Holy Spirit!
John 7:38 (KJV) He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Yes, let's come together and sing His praises for continually leading us!
Jeremiah 31:12 (KJV) Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A refuge in the time of distress
The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble. - Psalm 9:9

1. Restoration
When the men of Israel saw that they were in a strait, (for the people were distressed,) then the people did hide themselves in caves, and in thickets, and in rocks, and in high places, and in pits.
- 1 Samuel 13:6

2. Realisation
And when he was in affliction, he besought the LORD his God, and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers,
- 2 Chronicles 33:12

3. Reformation
And said, I cried by reason of mine affliction unto the LORD, and he heard me; out of the belly of hell cried I, and thou heardest my voice.
- Jonah 2:2

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord is the strength of my life

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength
of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

1. Strength in Soul
But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at
Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
- Acts 9:22

2. Strength in Spirit
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Philippians 4:13

3. Strength in body
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made
perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that
the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Every Christian is a changed person
1. His mind has been changed-- faith. Acts 2:36-38 2. His will has been changed-- repentance. , Ac. 17:30, 31 3. His allegiance has been changed-- confession. Ro. 10:10 4. His relationship has been changed-- baptism. 1 Jn. 3:1 5. His affections have been changed. Col. 3:1-3 6. His purposes have changed. Rom. 6:16-18 7. His citizenship has changed. Col. 1:13; Phil. 3:20 8. His life is changed. 2 Cor. 5:17 9. His associations have changed. 1 Pet. 4:3,4 10. His name is changed. Acts 11:26; 1 John 3:1 11. His garments are changed. Gal. 3:26-29; Col. 3:9, 10 12. His destiny is changed. Matt. 25:46

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
SOME QUALIFICATIONS OF A GOOD TEACHER
1. Sympathetic. Mk. 6:34 2. Good character. 1 John 3:5 3. Self-control. Matt. 27:12-14 4. Must know lesson well. John 8:28; Matt. 7:29 5. Must understand pupils. John 2:25; Heb. 2:17, 18 6. Must have deep concern for pupil's welfare. Matt. 23:37 7. Must be capable judge in final exams. Acts 17:31

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord is the strength of my life

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength
of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid? - Psalm 27:1

1. Strength in Soul
But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at
Damascus, proving that this is very Christ.
- Acts 9:22

2. Strength in Spirit
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
- Philippians 4:13

3. Strength in body
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made
perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that
the power of Christ may rest upon me.
- 2 Corinthians 12:9

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[SIZE=+1]“SIX THINGS"[/SIZE][SIZE=+1]THAT PLEASE GOD: [/SIZE]

1. LIFE OF CHRIST. Matt. 3:17;17:5​
2. DEATH OF CHRIST. Isa. 53:10; Phil. 2:8,93. FULNESS OF CHRIST. Col. 1:19;2:9; Eph. 1:234. PREACHING OF CHRIST. I Cor. 1:21;2:2; Acts 8:355. KINGDOM OF CHRIST. Lu. 12:32; Col. l.:136. SACRIFICE FOR CHRIST. Phil. 4:18; Heb. 13:16Sermon Outline by Thomas Winter Butterfield

[SIZE=+1]THAT DISPLEASE GOD:[/SIZE]
1. A PROUD LOOK. Prov. 6:17; Phil. 2:3-11; 1 Pet. 5:5,6​
2. A LYING TONGUE. Prov. 6:17; 1 Tim. 4:1,2; Rev. 22:153. A CARNAL MIND. Rom. 8:8,9;1 Cor. 3:3; Gal. 6:7,84. DEATH OF THE WICKED. Ezek. 33:11;2 Pet. 3:95. HE THAT SOWETH DISCORD. Prov. 6:19;2 John, 10; Eph. 4:36. HE THAT LOOKETH BACK. Heb. 10:38; Lu. 17:32; Ph. 3:13

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We abide in Christ by following the steps listed below:

REJOICE

Hebrews 13:15 - By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

REQUEST
Philippians 4:6-7 - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. [7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

James 1:5 - If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Ephesians 6:18 - Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

RELY
Proverbs 3:5-6 - Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. [6] In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

READ
2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Romans 15:4 - For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

REMEMBER
Psalm 119:11 - Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalm 119:16 - I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

REFLECT
Psalm 119:97-100 - O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. [98] Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me. [99] I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation. [100] I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟15,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HOW TO FIND CLEAR GUIDANCE .

God has given us the indwelling of the Holy Spirit to give us direction. Throwing out the fleece is not a clear way of discovering God's will. The horoscopes are not to be trusted. Psychics are not to be trusted. There are six short phrases that can help you find clear guidance.

1. Clear the pathway
Clear the pathway of sin. It fogs our thinking.
Clear the pathway of strong desires. You may have strong goals of your own. They need to be brought into submissive neutrality. They may be still what God wants.

2. Exercise patience
Refuse to rush ahead of God. Wait for direction from God. See Psalm 27:14. Sometimes it takes greater courage to stand still. See Psalm 25:3. Never mind the suppose or if. You do not have to be ashamed to wait on God.

3. Be alert to pressure
External pressure of people giving their advice. Is it godly advice and do they know you? Do they know scriptural principles. Don't listen to everyone's opinion. Sift it all through the Word of God and in your prayers.
External pressure from your circumstances. Do not step into automatically.
Internal pressure such as fears and anxieties. These are exaggerated. Watch out for dangerous words such as should, must and ought.
Internal pressure from the way you were brought up. Do not be pressurised.

4. Persist in prayer
When you pray about something don't let go of it! God will sift us each time that we pray. God eliminates the options until we are left with one. Ask and it shall be given. Seek and you shall find. Knock and the door will be opened. We are not to be always holding our hand out. Prayer is the heart and core of God's guidance.

5. Rest in God's promises
The Bible is the most awesome resource in the world. It is the infallible word of God. It is inspired. It is alive. We need to memorise God's word so that it comes to our mind when we need it. The best way to sift your mind is to go through the Word of God.

6. Wait for the peace
Peace means to be bound together. It refers to harmony. It makes things weave together. See Psalm 62:5 & Colossians 3:15-16. God's peace is God's umpire in our lives. Is our decision and God's mind weaved together?

You can have clear guidance. You can have the mind of God. Wait for the peace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.