Minnesota
✟7,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
While I wholeheartedly believe the following verse to be true, I find myself in great conflict in my present situation. I say this because I often wonder is this why i am miserable.

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
John 16:24

Added to this I read in II Corinthians 1:19-22 in Christ Jesus, Paul states is not yea and nay, but just yea. What i am saying is in over 40 years not sure anything I truly desired and prayed for was ever answered yes. One thing (beside wanting a mate) is a good job. While yes I have a job; treatment is good but pay leaves a lot to be desired. This plus other major issues have me totally wondering why ask, if when it truly my hearts desire God at least seems to say NO! what has happen to my joy and the yea Paul assured the Believers will receive?

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Two things I request of You
(Deprive me not before I die):

Remove falsehood and lies far from me;

Give me neither poverty nor riches—
Feed me with the food allotted to me;
  • Lest I be full and deny You,
    And say, “Who is the Lord?”
  • Or lest I be poor and steal,
    And profane the name of my God." Proverbs 30:7-9 NKJV

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Two things I request of You (Deprive me not before I die):
Remove falsehood and lies far from me;
Give me neither poverty nor riches—Feed me with the food allotted to me;
  • Lest I be full and deny You, And say, “Who is the Lord?”
  • Or lest I be poor and steal, And profane the name of my God." Proverbs 30:7-9 NKJV
Judge based on the measure of faith God has allotted to each one. Romans 12:3
To each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.
When He ascended on high, He gave gifts to His people. Eph 4:4-8

Reactions: 65James
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,695.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You will have to "draw pictures."
I am not discerning your intended point.
Picture this, those who have been given accesss to God through Christ are all of the household of faith.
For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father.
Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God;
built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets with Christ Jesus himself as the cornerstone. Eph 2:18-20

Those who did not believe in Christ stumbled, having rejected Christ. 1 Peter 2:4-10

Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟9,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While I wholeheartedly believe the following verse to be true, I find myself in great conflict in my present situation. I say this because I often wonder is this why i am miserable.

Hitherto have ye asked nothing in My Name: ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
John 16:24

Added to this I read in II Corinthians 1:19-22 in Christ Jesus, Paul states is not yea and nay, but just yea. What i am saying is in over 40 years not sure anything I truly desired and prayed for was ever answered yes. One thing (beside wanting a mate) is a good job. While yes I have a job; treatment is good but pay leaves a lot to be desired. This plus other major issues have me totally wondering why ask, if when it truly my hearts desire God at least seems to say NO! what has happen to my joy and the yea Paul assured the Believers will receive?
Everytime that we say that we don't think God will answer our prayers, we are strengthening our doubt. It builds itself into a mountain that mocks our faith. We can't be passive, we oughta have the attitude toward that doubt, 'okay buddy you're asking for it now. You challenge me? You challenge my faith? You're cruisin for a bruisin because you can't handle faith. This is the victory that overcomes doubt, it is my faith!'

We ought to at least do that as we do when the person we're discussing a Bible topic with on this forum who happens to not agree with us. Yes with people we're supposed to curb any upset emotions and watch our p's and q's but we are not to be nice and polite when entering into a fight of faith against thoughts of doubt.

A good remedy to build up our faith and at the same time eliminate all doubts.. Did you ever hear the song - Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, latch on to the affirmative and don't mess with mr. in between etc

We are to ask in faith, believing that we receive. We get our faith built up by repeating God's promises to ourselves. We are to do what God told Joshua to do. Meditate the word day and night. Meditate means say to yourself what the word of God says. The negative side is to worry by speaking your doubts to yourself and others.

Your opening words are positive but then you switched over to doubt. So I suggest that you practice saying throughout your day the words you used at the opening of your post, but keep it positive. "I wholeheartedly believe that when I ask for my hearts desire according to God's will, I shall receive, and that my joy be made full."

Doubt exalts itself against God's word. We are to bring every disobedient thought into captivity of Christ. Jesus said when tested "It is written". We're supposed to imitate Him.

The doubt will challenge you and throw all of your previous doubt back at you. Be like a tennis player or a baseball player and hit that doubt with your faith and send doubt out of the tennis court or the ball park.

Say that you wholeheartedly believe that when you ask, your joy will be full, say it all day and everyday until no doubts come to your mind. Say it to yourself until you are ready to say it to other people.

Why do we have no problem with speaking our doubts to other people but we hesitate to speak what we believe to other people standing in front of us? Because we practice speaking doubt but are not practiced to speak our faith in God to do what He gave promise to us that He would do. Like Abraham we need to get to the place of being fully persuaded.

We train ourselves to know God's word concerning endtime events or other Bible topic so we can debate with someone. But we are weak in training ourselves to know God's word concerning believing for answers to prayer and fighting against our doubts.

I don't know if this helps you in some way, but I'm stirred up to speak God's word of faith against doubts that may come to my mind.

Have a good day.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We can't be passive, we oughta have the attitude toward that doubt, 'okay buddy you're asking for it now. You challenge me? You challenge my faith? You're cruisin for a bruisin because you can't handle faith.
Whenever you doubt you're cruisin' for a bruisin' and pleadin' for a bleedin'.

This is the victory that overcomes doubt, it is my faith!'
For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. 1 John 5:4-6
We are to ask in faith, believing that we receive. We are to do what God told Joshua to do.
I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Joshua 1:5
Like Abraham we need to get to the place of being fully persuaded.
Being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Rom 4:21-25

Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isa 41:10

Last edited:
Upvote 0

T.i.m.o.t.h.y.

Mar 7, 2024
Indiana
✟9,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Whenever you doubt you're cruisin' for a bruisin' and pleadin' for a bleedin'.

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. 1 John 5:4-6

I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. Joshua 1:5

Being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Rom 4:21-25

Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isa 41:10
I would hope and pray that 65James will come to the place of knowing God's word as you do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Palmfever

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2019
Hawaii
✟153,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
James 4.... Where do wars and fights come from among you? Do they not come from your desires for pleasure that war in your members? 2 You lust and do not have. You murder and covet and cannot obtain. You fight and war. Yet you do not have because you do not ask. 3 You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures. 4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 5 Or do you think that the Scripture says in vain, “The Spirit who dwells in us yearns jealously”?

6 But He gives more grace. Therefore He says:
“God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.

In Christ

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟8,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
James 4.... “God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.”

The eyes of the arrogant will be humbled and human pride brought low; the Lord alone will be exalted in that day. Isa 2:11
He will be raised and lifted up and highly exalted. Isa 52:13
The Lord will be proved holy by his righteous acts. Isa 5:16
For you alone are holy. For your righteous acts have been revealed. Rev 15:4

Upvote 0