from the lowest hell.

1. SUFFICIENT GRACE:

2 COR: 12:9.And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my
strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I
rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest
upon me.

2. STRENGTHENING GRACE:

Psm 36:7.How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children
of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.

3. SATISFYING GRACE:

PSM 90:14.O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad
all our days.

4. SUSTAINING GRACE.

PSM 94:18.When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O LORD, held me up.

5. SURROUNDING GRACE.

PSM 32:10.Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the
LORD, mercy shall compass him about.

6. SAVING GRACE.

EPH: 2:8.For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:

7. SANCTIFYING GRACE.

JOHN 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld
his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of
grace and truth.
1:15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I
spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was
before me.
1:16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.
1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by
Jesus Christ.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Jesus!!
You have done it all - I can never even begin to express my gratitude!

Daniels - :hug: !!
Again - you highlight His wonderful work.
Bless you, brother!

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟23,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How God Speaks?

God Speaks to us thro various ways.
God speaks through His Holy Spirit, the Bible, our prayers, circumstances and the members of His church to reveal Himself and His purposes and His ways. This is the beauty of the body of Christ coming together seeking God's will in the life of the church.

1. Prayers.
2. Fasting.
3. Dreams.
4. Visions.
5. Holy Spirit.
6. Prophets.
7. Word Of God.
8. The Members of His Church.
9. Special Manifestations.
10. Preaching and teaching. (Counsel)
11. Lot.
12. Praise and Worship.

Give Thanks To The Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟23,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How an Eskimo kills a wolf. (He will repeatedly coat the blade in blood, allowing it to freeze, until the blade is covered. Then, he will place the knife in the snow and as the wolf licks the blood, his tongue is numbed, and his hunger is fuelled. The wolf will lick the knife, cut his own tongue and eventually bleed himself to death out of his own lusts.) Satan uses the same tactic to defeat God’s children. He knows that he can never have your soul, but he also knows if he can cause us to succumb to temptation, then we will become powerless and useless as Christians.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟23,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
HOW TO LOVE YOUR ENEMIES !

David has left the caves of Adullum. Saul has ordered the massacre of the priests at Nob. David is on the run with 600 men from Saul with 3,000 men. It is a game of "hide and seek" that David cannot afford to lose. David is outnumbered but he uses superior strategy to stay out of harm's way. David is still on the move for God.

1. Saul rests himself in a cave (24:1-2)
"To cover his feet" - The expression is a Hebrew euphemism. (A nicer way of saying the same thing. E.g. "pro-choice" sounds better than "pro-abortion") They were hunting David. Saul was tired and went to have some sleep.

"wilderness of Engedi" - This was one of the bleakest parts of the wilderness of Judah.

"cave" - A cave was a place of refuge from the weather and wild animals. It was a dry place to sleep.

"sheepcoates" - These were rough stone walls built at the entrance to the caves to protect the sheep from wild beasts and to serve for shelter in case of bad weather.

2. David spares Saul's life (24:3-7)
Leaping at opportunities. We call them "open doors". An obvious course of action must be the Lord's will? Favourable circumstances would seem to suggest the Lord's leading in that particular direction.

Saul is delivered on a platter - alone in a cave and totally unaware of any danger. Had not the Lord delivered Saul into David's hand? (vs. 4)

How can a course of action be decided upon? A heart that is established in true godliness will rather interpret the dispensations of Providence as trials of faith and patience, as occasions to practice self-denial, than opportunities for self-indulgence. (See Psalm 37:5-7 & Isaiah 28:16)

Learning from opportunities It was an opportunity given to David to exercise faith and patience rather than the sword. He had a promise of the kingdom, but no command to slay the king. David would not suffer retribution from those about him, never mind himself.

Giving due honour "touch not God's anointed"

Mother and Father
Partner - Wife/Husband
Government
Elders

David gets another opportunity. See 1 Samuel 26:5-12. Abishai volunteers to do the dirty work by pinning Saul with his own spear. Just like Saul had tried to do to David on several occasions.

"dead dog" - dogs were generally considered contemptible. They were usually filthy scavengers.

"a single flea" - an insignificant problem

Abishai - He remained faithful to David even when Absalom rebels.

3. David proves his innocence (24:8-15)
Do not retaliate We love to get our own back. Retaliation is the reflex action of injured pride.

Proverbs 15:1 "A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger"

Proverbs 25:21-22 "..you will heap burning coals on his head"

Romans 12:17-21 "…Overcoming evil with good" See also Romans 13:1-5

Proverbs 16:32 "Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city".

Vengeance belongs to God If others wrong us, God will right us. If not here than in the judgment of the great day. David had no root of bitterness - like Saul.

Love your enemies - Matthew 5:43-48. Why ? Because God does. Unbelievers too. Jesus did not retaliate
24:8-15)

Bible study thro e-mail!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟23,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Word of God compares the tongue to fire. It says that it sets things on fire. That it gets its fire from hell.

In its design, the tongue is quite a piece of handiwork. A unique muscle.. attached on one end.. loose on the other. One end rooted in the physical, the other breaching that mystical gap between the souls of men. One end anchored, the other unchecked and free.. free to bless.. free to curse.

A forest fire can cause great loss of timber because of a small campfire left unattended. So the tongue is a small member of the human body. But it can quickly create major problems.

1. An Evil Tongue (Proverbs 16:27).
Too often in a local church there is a brother or sister who digs up evil and spreads it around the congregation till it burns out of control and destroys lives.

1. Instead of trying to remove evil in a scriptural way,

a) The ungodly use it as choice conversation
b) God calls it gossip!

2. Thoughtless words can burn like fire and often leave lasting scars.

3. The tongue has the ability

a) To destroy reputations,
b) Divide the closest of friends and
c) Create factions in the church.

4. As physical fire destroys wood so the tongue, uncontrolled, destroys the unity and peace of the body of Christ.

The Bible warns that an evil tongue will:

1. Lie. Proverbs 6:17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood.

2. Flatter. Proverbs 6:24 To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.

3. Pour out foolishness. Proverbs 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

An evil tongue is perverse. Proverbs 15:4 A wholesome tongue [is] a tree of life: but perverseness therein [is] a breach in the spirit.

2. The controlled tongue of the child of God: does not backbite, nor do evil, nor take up a reproach against another. (Psalms 15:1)
Remember that the tongue is as a fire and it can kindle great harm. James 3:5 Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!
The Bible say that an angry countenance is a way to drive away a backbiting tongue. Proverbs 25:23 The north wind driveth away rain: so [doth] an angry countenance a backbiting tongue.
The mouth of the righteous is used for wisdom and judgment. Psalms 37:30 The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment.
We are exhorted to keep our tongue. Proverbs 21:23 Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles.
We are exhorted to use our tongue in a soft manner. Proverbs 25:15 By long forbearing is a prince persuaded, and a soft tongue breaketh the bone.
We are exhorted to use our tongue with wisdom and kindness. Proverbs 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness.

3 Lack of control of a Christian’s tongue: is a sign of failure in living for the Saviour. (James 1:26)
When the brethren do not love each other, they abide in death. 1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not [his] brother abideth in death.
When we become angry with a brother, we should go to them, not talk about them. Matthew 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire. 23 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; 24 Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
The tongue is a test of whether we are living for the Lord. Proverbs 16:1 The preparations of the heart in man, and the answer of the tongue, [is] from the LORD.
The tongue is not the way we show love that we have for others, but it can show we do not love them. 1 John 3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

An email study!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟23,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jn 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his
birth.
9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man,
or his parents, that he was born blind?
9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but
that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
9:4 I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the
night cometh, when no man can work.
9:5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
9:6 When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of
the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
9:7 And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by
interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and
came seeing.
9:8 The neighbors therefore, and they which before had seen him that
he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged?
9:9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am
he.
9:10 Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened?
9:11 He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and
anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam,
and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight.

1.An Incarantion.

2.An Irritation.

3.An Instruction.

4.An Irrigation.

5.An Illumination.

6. An Identification.

7. An Invitation.

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟23,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Circles of The Christian Life.

1. Circle of Faith.

I Corinthians 15: 6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

2. Circle of Service.

Luke 10: 1 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come.

2 Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly [is] great, but the labourers [are] few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he would send forth labourers into his harvest.

3. Circle of Fellowship.

Mark 3: 13 And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth [unto him] whom he would: and they came unto him.

14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

4. Circle of Privilege.

Mark 5: 37 And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John the brother of James.

5. Circle of Love.

Jn 21: 20 Then Peter, turning about, seeth the disciple whom Jesus loved following; which also leaned on his breast at supper, and said, Lord, which is he that betrayeth thee?

Upvote 0

Daniels

Chandrus
Jul 1, 2006
India
Visit site
✟23,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you’ll look at Isaiah 11:2, you’ll find that. Now you’ll have to go to Revelation, of course, for the initial indication relative to the seven-fold Spirit. That’s probably where the confusion comes from. It talks about the seven-fold Holy Spirit, the seven-fold Spirit in the Book of Revelation. As you go into Isaiah eleven you find it clearly defined there. “And the Spirit of the Lord shall rest on Him..” And here are seven different ways to describe the Holy Spirit, that’s all.
1. The Spirit of the Lord.
2. The spirit of wisdom.
3. The spirit of understanding.
4. The spirit of counsel.
5. The spirit of might.
6. The spirit of knowledge.
7. The spirit of awe, or the spirit of reverence or the spirit of worship.
The seven-fold Spirit doesn’t mean there are seven different Spirits. And when in Revelation 1:4 it says “…the seven Spirits…” it doesn’t mean there are seven different Holy Spirits, it means there is one Holy Spirit with a seven-fold manifested ministry. And that is what it is saying. You don’t need to believe that there are seven different Holy Spirits. There is one, but there is a seven-fold manifestation of His ministry according to all of these things, Spirit of the Lord, wisdom,understanding, counsel, power, knowledge and reverence or worship.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.