What is "the Truth" in your opinion or definition?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I know Jesus said "I am the way, the truth, and the life" but what really is "truth", when Jesus said (talked about the truth to Pilate), Pilate said to Jesus "What is "truth?""

So what is the "truth", now I know their are many truths about many things, but what I want to perhaps focus on is "What is the truth about humanity"

Either your own opinions/definitions coming from yourself are acceptable, as is/are citing scripture(s) from the Bible...

So, what is truth? (about humanity)?

Thoughts? Ideas? Opinions? Suggestions? Comments?

God Bless!

TimothyKurnia

Jun 11, 2014
✟7,741.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
What you're asking is a really broad topic mate... Perhaps if I may rephrase the question, what you're asking is "what is the essence of humanity?".

There are many other people on the board who'll be capable to answer your question closer to the mark than me.. But in my own opinion, the essence of humanity is to live in a loving harmony with God, and do his commandments, including lording over the earth, and loving other people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There seem to be two different "truths" on humanity operating here, God's truth, and the world's truth...

The worlds truth seems to teach that we are no better, or no different than animals, (or if we are different, were actually "worse" than the animals)...

So, I was wondering if God's truth teaches something different (perhaps better) about humanity...?

Comments?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Any real Christian knows that God is the source of all truth, and then everything contrary to Him is "a lie" (as said of Satan). Man makes issues and ideas into a form they call "truth", but if it is contrary to God it surely is not truth. One can rest on that truth for life and into eternity.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
There seem to be two different "truths" on humanity operating here, God's truth, and the world's truth...

The worlds truth seems to teach that we are no better, or no different than animals, (or if we are different, were actually "worse" than the animals)...

So, I was wondering if God's truth teaches something different (perhaps better) about humanity...?

Comments?

God Bless!

Any real Christian knows that God is the source of all truth, and then everything contrary to Him is "a lie" (as said of Satan). Man makes issues and ideas into a form they call "truth", but if it is contrary to God it surely is not truth. One can rest on that truth for life and into eternity.

Then what is "God's truth" about humanity?

Upvote 0

BryanW92

Hey look, it's a squirrel!
May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What you're asking is a really broad topic mate... Perhaps if I may rephrase the question, what you're asking is "what is the essence of humanity?".

And when are we talking about? The essence of humanity was one thing when Adam was created. It changed after the Fall. It changed again after the Ascension. It will change again when Christ returns.

We ask these guilt-laden questions of ourselves to feel enlightened, but who knows why God didn't just destroy Adam and Eve in the Garden, or why he saved Noah, or why he only sent Jesus to one place at one time (or if he did only send Jesus to one place at one time).

I believe that God sees us like a parent look at a toddler that they have just given a bowl of spaghetti. They know that it will be a disaster, but the toddler is going to love it and they'll enjoy watching even if the cleanup takes hours.

By all rights, God should just destroy us and be done with it. But he doesn't. Perhaps he has more of a sense of humor than we give him credit for.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And when are we talking about? The essence of humanity was one thing when Adam was created. It changed after the Fall. It changed again after the Ascension. It will change again when Christ returns.

We ask these guilt-laden questions of ourselves to feel enlightened, but who knows why God didn't just destroy Adam and Eve in the Garden, or why he saved Noah, or why he only sent Jesus to one place at one time (or if he did only send Jesus to one place at one time).

I believe that God sees us like a parent look at a toddler that they have just given a bowl of spaghetti. They know that it will be a disaster, but the toddler is going to love it and they'll enjoy watching even if the cleanup takes hours.

By all rights, God should just destroy us and be done with it. But he doesn't. Perhaps he has more of a sense of humor than we give him credit for.

Toddler and a bowl of spaghetti huh?, Well that's all good and fine but it seems that in this case the situations a little more serious than that (and I'm assuming by the mess, you mean sin) the situations more serious cause it seems that not only are some toddlers going to die, but some are going to be tortured in hell forever. (and this could be the toddlers that make the biggest mess), (but maybe not due to Jesus Christ)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Toddler and a bowl of spaghetti huh?, Well that's all good and fine but it seems that in this case the situations a little more serious than that (and I'm assuming by the mess, you mean sin) the situations more serious cause it seems that not only are some toddlers going to die, but some are going to be tortured in hell forever. (and this could be the toddlers that make the biggest mess), (but maybe not due to Jesus Christ)...

God Bless!

It is more serious than a bowl of spaghetti, but its not as irrevocable as letting a toddler play with a hand grenade. Like the toddler's parents, Jesus does clean us up.

But I was responding to the question of the essence of humanity. We are like the toddler and we do seem to delight in our messes. But God sees something in us that makes us worth all the trouble he's gone through for the last 5000 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
It is more serious than a bowl of spaghetti, but its not as irrevocable as letting a toddler play with a hand grenade. Like the toddler's parents, Jesus does clean us up.

But I was responding to the question of the essence of humanity. We are like the toddler and we do seem to delight in our messes. But God sees something in us that makes us worth all the trouble he's gone through for the last 5000 years.

But, "Sin" is very, very dangerous and destructive to ourselves and others and our world, (the earth) and sometimes does permanent damage (emotionally, physically, spiritually) So do we liken sin to a bowl of spaghetti or a hand grenade? Will God be able to heal the damage we have done to earth's capability to support life, due to our sinful ways?

Word's are like knives or a sword that we can run people through with, and if it doesn't kill us (our spirit) it leaves permanent emotional scars (damage) from the wound that make people walk around with a lot of "issues" and carrying emotional "baggage" and then these people who have been harmed (that are "damaged goods" some like to say) go around cutting and running others through (with their words)...

I guess this is why we have Jesus teaching us all concepts like forgiveness and mercy in love and letting go of hurts that others have done to us, and being born again, and putting off the old personality and putting on the new, ect, ect, such and such, huh?

Then their are sinful acts, more than just words, like physical or sexual abuse, that leave permanent scars...

The irrevocableness of Sin is in our hands then, is that what you are saying?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That verse [john 8:44-45] speaks of Jesus telling us the "truth", but still does not plainly say what that "truth" is...?

This one is a bit more clear:
JN 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

JN 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Upvote 0

tremble

^.^/
Feb 15, 2014
✟16,927.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

He could put the grenade in with the bowl of spaghetti and have fun making a mess along with the toddler.

Upvote 0

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
In John 8: 44-45 "is" the essence of humanity. As a babe we do as taught even in God by who/people/world/devil raises us in sin. Sin is of? What is our essence ?No one "wants" to hear truth Neo. We are all of Lucifer from Adam on = essence/sin even the authors of the Word in flesh, even they know the truth of essence, NT. However, what we do with said info is in Rom 12-2 ,after training in life experiences, bible, religions and knowledge by people/world /devil/sin, to apply Rom 7 yet know that it is not our essence, but Gods, so now, Phill. 4:13 & 2:13 is in us. In verses such as Prov.3:5 to apply this to self for application and loose what was taught that is not of Love. We are not of the Spirit and can not obtain it in "totality", because of essence of humanity/sin/devil /John 8: 44-45. That is truth in a brutal way but truth of humanity in whatever hypotheticals come to the mind in separation of Physical vs Spirit.

For those that this content presents stumbling blocks for please forgive, as in this is in response to Neo very good aspects of essence. To Neo, I can not discern future hypotheticals as you will try to pick this post apart. Thus, this relates to the OP and title of the OP. We can not hear the "total truth John 8:33-47",but in parts, as in Rom 12:3 when one transforms in mind Rom 12-2 to think in love, 1 John 4:16 to "try" to change essence from sin to," let God John 8:51", indwell the soul. Even then it is God and not us for we are not of good in essence, so, Praise Him for the lamb that covers our essence/Spirit which we can not. God saw this and sacrificed a part of His self in the impossibilities of the essence/Spirit of humankind . Aint we a worrisome lot for God as we play in the spaghetti of essence and Neo's questions here in? Complete and total faith only Jesus possessed all the way down to essence. Because? What is the truth to our essence.... As Neo said, John 8:44-45 is Jesus telling the truth. If there is no truth but the Word then the next part of the statement is for debates sake correct? You did well Neo for here is the rebuttal, lol. Fell in that hole eh? Yet, I too learn of essence as one looks and revisits the scripture and thanks to you Neo as one prays of how lost without Him we are in essence, edification arises for me and in all hopes someone else out there that our, truth of essence, has been seen and taken care of in the lamb. Amen.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
In John 8: 44-45 "is" the essence of humanity. As a babe we do as taught even in God by who/people/world/devil raises us in sin. Sin is of? What is our essence ?No one "wants" to hear truth Neo. We are all of Lucifer from Adam on = essence/sin even the authors of the Word in flesh, even they know the truth of essence, NT. However, what we do with said info is in Rom 12-2 ,after training in life experiences, bible, religions and knowledge by people/world /devil/sin, to apply Rom 7 yet know that it is not our essence, but Gods, so now, Phill. 4:13 & 2:13 is in us. In verses such as Prov.3:5 to apply this to self for application and loose what was taught that is not of Love. We are not of the Spirit and can not obtain it in "totality", because of essence of humanity/sin/devil /John 8: 44-45. That is truth in a brutal way but truth of humanity in whatever hypotheticals come to the mind in separation of Physical vs Spirit.

For those that this content presents stumbling blocks for please forgive, as in this is in response to Neo very good aspects of essence. To Neo, I can not discern future hypotheticals as you will try to pick this post apart. Thus, this relates to the OP and title of the OP. We can not hear the "total truth John 8:33-47",but in parts, as in Rom 12:3 when one transforms in mind Rom 12-2 to think in love, 1 John 4:16 to "try" to change essence from sin to," let God John 8:51", indwell the soul. Even then it is God and not us for we are not of good in essence, so, Praise Him for the lamb that covers our essence/Spirit which we can not. God saw this and sacrificed a part of His self in the impossibilities of the essence/Spirit of humankind . Aint we a worrisome lot for God as we play in the spaghetti of essence and Neo's questions here in? Complete and total faith only Jesus possessed all the way down to essence. Because? What is the truth to our essence.... As Neo said, John 8:44-45 is Jesus telling the truth. If there is no truth but the Word then the next part of the statement is for debates sake correct? You did well Neo for here is the rebuttal, lol. Fell in that hole eh? Yet, I too learn of essence as one looks and revisits the scripture and thanks to you Neo as one prays of how lost without Him we are in essence, edification arises for me and in all hopes someone else out there that our, truth of essence, has been seen and taken care of in the lamb. Amen.

Good words, Sister, thank you for you time and thoughts, greetings to you!

Speaking of parts of truth, I think one truth is "the spirit is eager and willing (to do good things, in a decent person) but the flesh is weak (and wan'ts to sin.)" So, we are in conflict; with the truth of man's flesh vs. the truth of man's spirit, which in a born again person is supposed to one with God's spirit, and wanting to do good things (His will), but the spirit is eager and willing, but the flesh is weak and sinful...

I think that is one part of the truth about man (humanity) Don't you think?

Only when we fully put off the flesh for good, will be left with just spirit, and what our spirits is/are is what we will be (then)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FanthatSpark

LImited Understanding
Oct 3, 2013
✟78,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Good words, Sister, thank you for you time and thoughts, greetings to you!

Speaking of parts of truth, I think one truth is "the spirit is eager and willing (to do good things, in a decent person) but the flesh is weak (and wan'ts to sin.)" So, we are in conflict; with the truth of man's flesh vs. the truth of man's spirit, which in a born again person is supposed to one with God's spirit, and wanting to do good things (His will), but the spirit is eager and willing, but the flesh is weak and sinful...

I think that is one part of the truth about man (humanity) Don't you think?

Only when we fully put off the flesh for good, will be left with just spirit, and what our spirits is/are is what we will be (then)...

God Bless!

Blessings Neo,1 peter 3:9 to the accolade,

Yes, spiritual warfare is what comes from a believer, especially one baptized in the Holy Ghost. Yes, the "want/eagerness" is "in us" as in Phill 4:13 and when applied to flesh obedience is the sum of the equation.

It goes much deeper than that though, right ? Where truth about "humanity's" Spirit being eager and willing, is Gods Spirit that was born in captivity of sin but through His will one has been introduced to truth in the Word that the soul is not ours/humanities from the beginning. Life is of God (Or the spirit inside) and it is born in "captivity of sin" (but still Gods). Once one grasps this concept, to add humanity is our pride, claiming Spirit for self. For us to say a truth in "humanities spirit" is no truth, for we never "owned" our Spirit. Thus, when we are before him for judgment and we use the term "I" what is that? Quenching the Spirit that is not of "I" but of God, correct? Yes, we claim the Spirit, out of terms such as ignorance,arrogance, pride (this is my nature, essence...sin) to get my own existence lost in sin
of claiming that which was never mine to begin with, Thoughts?

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You asked, dear Neo, "What is God's truth about humanity?". Is it not as He said: "all have sinned and come short of the glory of God"? "All our righteousness is as filthy rags"? --etc. Many verses show that man is far off from God in his natural life, and needs God's new life in His beloved Son. Man makes truths for himself, but God is the source of truth (as I said before) and man needs to appropriate that truth, and not rely on anything contrary to the mind of God as shown us.

So, the real question should be: How do I get into conformity to the mind of God? The Word of God also answers that question.

Upvote 0

BryanW92

May 11, 2012
NE Florida
✟15,351.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Will God be able to heal the damage we have done to earth's capability to support life, due to our sinful ways?

Through God, anything is possible. He created this world. He can fix it. In Revelation, the world passes away and a new one is created (or renewed).

The irrevocableness of Sin is in our hands then, is that what you are saying?

No, I am saying the exact opposite.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Blessings Neo,1 peter 3:9 to the accolade,

Yes, spiritual warfare is what comes from a believer, especially one baptized in the Holy Ghost. Yes, the "want/eagerness" is "in us" as in Phill 4:13 and when applied to flesh obedience is the sum of the equation.

It goes much deeper than that though, right ? Where truth about "humanity's" Spirit being eager and willing, is Gods Spirit that was born in captivity of sin but through His will one has been introduced to truth in the Word that the soul is not ours/humanities from the beginning. Life is of God (Or the spirit inside) and it is born in "captivity of sin" (but still Gods). Once one grasps this concept, to add humanity is our pride, claiming Spirit for self. For us to say a truth in "humanities spirit" is no truth, for we never "owned" our Spirit. Thus, when we are before him for judgment and we use the term "I" what is that? Quenching the Spirit that is not of "I" but of God, correct? Yes, we claim the Spirit, out of terms such as ignorance,arrogance, pride (this is my nature, essence...sin) to get my own existence lost in sin
of claiming that which was never mine to begin with, Thoughts?

Deep words, sister, I'm not quite sure if I'm getting it all, but I will do my best...

I don't believe God's Spirit was born in captivity to sin, but the flesh of man was/is, and if we are to be filled with the Holy Spirit, that is God's spirit, and make it our own, we are going to have to put to death, the flesh, and put on the new personality of God's spirit residing in us, and put to death the Old Personality, that is, the flesh and all it's desires, and walk in Spirit, listening to the desires of the Spirit, rather than the flesh...

What you said about ignorance, arrogance, and pride is very true, these are major stumbling blocks to us, but Paul said he could boast in one thing, and that was the finished work of Jesus Christ on/at the cross, which symbolized a putting to death of the (desires of) the flesh... And instead concentrate our minds and hearts on God's Spirit in me/you, and it's desires for our lives, and then (claiming it) by making it our own.

Now Paul said he could boast in the finished work of the cross, and (I'm assuming) its work in him that he had, (or rather God had), put to death all the desires of the flesh in him, and so he said he could boast (have confidence) in that...

Now "I'm" not Paul, and I still get tripped up sometimes by the desires of the flesh, so I have no cause for boasting, I might be able to say I'm proud of Jesus Christ, and all that he did, but "I" personally, have no cause for boasting in myself, yet, and yet, if I should someday, how would I go about it? I don't know the answer to that...

God Bless, sis!

Upvote 0