Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My belief is that Isaiah 66:1:5 is our situation now.
Isaiah 66:6, is the terrible Day of the Lords fiery wrath that will commence all the Prophesied end time events.
Isaiah 66:7-8, is the establishment of the Christian nation of Beulah, in all of the Holy Land. Isaiah 62:1-5 After the Lords Day of wrath has cleared and cleansed the Holy Land. Deuteronomy 32:34-43
Isaiah 66:9-14 describes how the Lord will bless His people in Beulah, with peace and prosperity.
Isaiah 66:15-18a, More details on the Day of the Lords wrath, the Sixth Seal.
Isaiah 66:18b-12, the sending out of the 144,000 and the making of sacrifices in the new Temple. BEFORE Jesus Returns.
Isaiah 676:22, Promises of the Eternal state, after the Millennium.
Isaiha 66:23-24 is in the Millennium.

Thank you Mr Jamdoc and Mr Keras

I don't know how to do multiple quotes.

I believe that God will create a new heavens and earth only one time. In revelation it happens in chapter 21. Isaiah 65: 17 -25 describes the new Jerusalem and new earth.

Isaiah 65:17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth;And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind. 18 But be glad and rejoice forever in what I create;For behold, I create Jerusalem as a rejoicing,And her people a joy. 19 I will rejoice in Jerusalem, And joy in My people; The voice of weeping shall no longer be heard in her, Nor the voice of crying. 20 "No more shall an infant from there live but a few days,Nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days;For the child shall die one hundred years old,But the sinner being one hundred years old shall be accursed. 21 They shall build houses and inhabit them;They shall plant vineyards and eat their fruit. 22 They shall not build and another inhabit;They shall not plant and another eat;For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of My people,And My elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. 23 They shall not labor in vain,Nor bring forth children for trouble;For they shall be the descendants of the blessed of the Lord,And their offspring with them.

24 "It shall come to pass That before they call, I will answer;And while they are still speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb shall feed together,The lion shall eat straw like the ox,And dust shall be the serpent's food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain,"Says the Lord. NKJV

We know that the prophets did not always have a clear understanding of their prophecies. When Isaiah saw people in Jerusalem and the land surrounding Jerusalem he thought they were all his the same. They were all Israelis. However, those in Jerusalem were redeemed Israelis and the ones outside Jerusalem were Israelis from the white throne judgment. Verse 20 and beyond apply to those from the white throne judgment.

Revelation 21:2 Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. NKJV

Revelation 21:16 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life. NKJV

It is obvious that only the redeemed, body of Christ, can enter Jerusalem.

Revelation 21:24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. NKJV

The bold part is not in the original text. The redeemed live in Jerusalem and live in the light of God. The nations live by “it's” (light coming from Jerusalem) light. The nations came out of the Revelation 20: 11- 15 white throne judgment. The white throne judgment is described in Matthew 25: 31- 46.

Revelation 22:2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. NKJV

Because the bodies of those in the nations need to be healed means they do not have spiritual bodies. The redeemed have bodies like Jesus' which are eternal and do not need healing. The nations have flesh and blood bodies.

Matthew 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. NKJV

The above does not describe Jesus' second coming in revelation . When Jesus came the second time it was to slay the unrighteous.

John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. NKJV

His church had been called to heaven. It was easy to determine the unrighteous. If anyone was alive and above the age of accountability they were condemned. Everyone who died prior to His second coming not believing in Jesus was judged condemned. Everyone standing in front of the white throne had already been judged condemned because they died not believing in Jesus.

At the white throne they were judged by their works. If they qualified as sheep they were paroled out of hell.

Matthew 25:31 "When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: …..........46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life." NKJV

The sheep's kingdom was prepared from the foundation of the world. Their kingdom is on the new earth. They were not born from above and cannot enter heaven where the Father is. Since they were not born of the Spirit they do not get a spiritual body. They are flesh and blood creatures. Their eternal life will be on the new earth as long as they continue to please God.

That is three witnesses in scripture that prove there are flesh and blood people on the new earth. It takes two witness to prove the truth.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟294,052.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe that God will create a new heavens and earth only one time. In revelation it happens in chapter 21. Isaiah 65: 17 -25 describes the new Jerusalem and new earth.
That Prophecy tells us there will be a new heavens and earth, but it describes how it will be during the Millennium.
It cannot be the Eternal state, in the New Earth, as there is still Death. V20

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
What in Isaiah 66 disagrees with revelation 21-22?
some people see mentions of death and corpses as invalidating it being about the new earth.

I don't. since I think that language is a bit symbolic, or referring to the dead in the lake of fire.
What about having offspring?

Isaiah 65 does not mention a resurrection. This chapter is a continuation of normal life on a restored earth after the judgment of fire. People on earth will still have free will to disobey, but without a sin nature forcing them to continually live in disobedience. This is the time that humans are born with this promise in Jeremiah 31-33

"In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge. But every one shall die for his own iniquity: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Lord, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

Isaiah is saying that 100 years is a probationary period for babies born during this time. They will have the law written on their hearts from conception. They will not be innocent about disobedience. They will die for their own choices. Sin will not be passed down from generation to generation.

A resurrection into heaven makes us like the angels and there is no procreation in heaven. Those living in the Millennium on earth, will not have Adam's dead corruptible flesh. They will be born knowing right from wrong, and the majority of humanity will be obedient by nature. A disobedient child will be considered cursed and abnormal. But the first act of disobedience will result in death and removal from society, and no one will mourn, because the punishment will be considered righteous. Death will still be the last enemy, because it is related to acts of disobedience. After Satan is loosed even those who attempt to rebel will be consumed by fire, the last act of Death. Then Death will be defeated, and cast into the LOF.

There are still humans in current heaven, the church, who will not procreate. Yet humans no longer under Adam's punishment of sin and decay of death, will live on the earth filling the earth generation after generation for a thousand years. No one will die of old age. The only death will be from disobedience, and only from an offspring considered a child still maturing into adolescence. Once an adult establishes their homestead, they will remain there until heaven and earth no longer exist. Isaiah 65:21-23

"And they shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not build, and another inhabit; they shall not plant, and another eat: for as the days of a tree are the days of my people, and mine elect shall long enjoy the work of their hands. They shall not labour in vain, nor bring forth for trouble; for they are the seed of the blessed of the Lord, and their offspring with them."

They will spread out across the earth, and once settled never leave that home until Jesus hands back creation to God, and then things will continue in the NHNE, but still different from this current heaven and earth. And all we are told is the church descends in the New Jerusalem. There will be humans living both inside of this city and outside of this city. Isaiah 65 can only be about this current earth, because of procreation, not just because some will still die. We know there is procreation implied in Revelation 20, because humans have not filled the earth even today. We cover the earth, but because of sin and death the earth cannot sustain the amount of people mentioned in Revelation 20 at the end of a thousand years. The entire population does not rebel. But if a percentage rebels that is as the sand of the sea, then there has to be tens of billions more people at the end of the day of the Lord than at the start.

"Gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about."

Upvote 0

fli

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
missouri
✟344,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here are scriptures that clearly shows conditions after the creation of the new earth and heavens.

Revelation 22:1 And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2 In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him. 4 They shall see His face, and His name shall be on their foreheads. 5 There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever. NKJV

The above is after the new heavens. There is a tree of life that provides healing for the nations. Apparently, the bodies of the nations are not like Jesus' body. Therefore, the nations cannot refer to the children of God.

Revelation 21:22 But I saw no temple in it, for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. 23 The city had no need of the sun or of the moon to shine in it, for the glory of God illuminated it. The Lamb is its light. 24 And the nations of those who are saved shall walk in its light, and the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into it. 25 Its gates shall not be shut at all by day (there shall be no night there). 26 And they shall bring the glory and the honor of the nations into it. 27 But there shall by no means enter it anything that defiles, or causes an abomination or a lie, but only those who are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

NKJV

The nations (of those who are saved are not in the original text) shall walk by “it's” light. The “it's” in the verse is referring to Jerusalem. So these nations get their light from what is radiating out of Jerusalem. The redeemed are and can reside in Jerusalem and get their light directly from God. Since the nations are not children of God they cannot enter Jerusalem. Verse 24 the kings of the earth bring their glory and honor into Jerusalem. Therefore, the kings of the earth must be children of God. The kings of the earth must have authority over the nations since God calls them kings.

Daniel 7:27 Then the kingdom and dominion, And the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole heaven, Shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, And all dominions shall serve and obey Him.' NKJV

The kings of the earth are saints of the Most High. The nations are not saints of the Most High as they do not have new spiritual bodies. Since they have bodies that need healing it means those bodies can die. This tells me God probably did not promise the nations there would be no more death. Since their bodies need healing, I would say it probably means the nations can suffer pain which means God probably did not promise them no more tears or suffering. Since they have flesh and blood bodies they probably will procreate. Everything in these revelation scriptures support the Isaiah scriptures as describing life on the new earth.

Nowhere does it state that a new heaven and earth are created prior to or after Revelation 21.

Upvote 0