Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
I have placentas in my freezer...I think that makes me a big wierdo....

(they are my girl's placentas...the plan has always been to bury them under a tree we plant...but Lucy was born in Maryland and we waited until we moved, then when we got here there was a drought for like the first three years, and you can't plant a tree then...and last summer we were so broke I couldn't afford to by the trees/ bushes... so year after year I have placentas in my freezer...)

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ShannonMcCatholic said:

(they are my girl's placentas...the plan has always been to bury them under a tree we plant...but Lucy was born in Maryland and we waited until we moved, then when we got here there was a drought for like the first three years, and you can't plant a tree then...and last summer we were so broke I couldn't afford to by the trees/ bushes... so year after year I have placentas in my freezer...)

ummmm:blush: :sorry: ........I think those are expired:scratch:

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
boughtwithaprice said:
ummmm:blush: :sorry: ........I think those are expired:scratch:
Well I'm not gonna eat them! ^_^

My dear Perfection, uh I mean my mother-in -law...has stuff in my freezer that is sooooo old....she kind of lives like once it's frozen it's good FOREVER! And instead of eating what's in the freezer, she just keeps buying more and more...If the bird flu hits my family could survive for a year on SaraLee pound cake.

Upvote 0

LongingForLight

Feb 5, 2004
✟16,238.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
bostonlass said:
lol I have nail polish from when I was like 18 years old. Time to clean out that particular basket!:eek:

LOL! I know what you mean about makeup . . I love trying on new stuff, but I almost never wear makeup, so before I know it my barely-worn favorite lip gloss has gone bad. "But . . . didn't I *just* buy that?" I have sooo many cheap one-dollar nail polish bottles in the weirdest colors from my teen years, too! Bright blue, purple, hot pink (ugh!), etc.

Our fridge is actually pretty good. But then, I'm eating for three now ;) Things don't have time to go bad anymore! :D

We won't talk about the pantry, though.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ShannonMcCatholic said:
My dear Perfection, uh I mean my mother-in -law...has stuff in my freezer that is sooooo old....she kind of lives like once it's frozen it's good FOREVER! And instead of eating what's in the freezer, she just keeps buying more and more...If the bird flu hits my family could survive for a year on SaraLee pound cake.

My mother does that with her pantry or should I say pantrIES (she lives by herself)! And she has 3 freezers and two refrigerators, yet she goes shopping EVERY week! Can't figure it out. Wonder what it IS with some older folk. Fear of being without food?

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ShannonMcCatholic said:
Well I'm not gonna eat them! ^_^

I have a friend who also took the placenta home from the hospital after her baby was born to do the same thing as you are going to...the hospital packed it in a little chilly bin and also gave her a recipe sheet incase she wanted to eat it...:sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟444,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ShannonMcCatholic said:

When I looked into 'saving' my placenta's for others to use for luekemia, I do know they can be good for 15 years. {Not sure of the freezing method used for storage by the medical field}

Maybe you should look into that...donating them for some kid with luekemia, and see if they are still an option for someone.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
poppinskw said:
I have a friend who also took the placenta home from the hospital after her baby was born to do the same thing as you are going to...the hospital packed it in a little chilly bin and also gave her a recipe sheet incase she wanted to eat it...:sorry:

Sorry, :sick: Just the thought.

Upvote 0

Protinus

...once more unto the breach dear friends
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2004
New York City
✟53,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Tonks said:
Is that what the call the freezer down around your parts? If so, that's fantastic.

I remember my condiments used to last for years when I was a bachelor. Why throw stuff out like that? Everything is purged at 2 month intervals now.:o

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
poppinskw said:
I have friends who have made a stroganoff...what can I say I have wierd friends...that's what you get when you're a birth junkie...

WA...These I am sure have lost all medical value, as they have been sort of semi- thawed when the freezer has been de-iced.

I just went shopping...in the freezer now are some nice loaves and rolls of yummy whole grain bread. Some cheese ravioli. SOme Boca sausage and burgers. SOme organic frozen waffles (mainly because those are egg and dairy free). The rest is cans of beans, seasonal produce (yay! for asparagus season!!:clap: ), pasta, tortillas, dried goods, tea, and stuff to bake cakes and cookies and yummies. Then some soy milk and OJ and lemonade and San Pelligrino (which is my soda addiction substitue).

Upvote 0

poppinskw

Senior Contributor
Apr 17, 2005
✟20,994.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tonks said:
Is that what the call the freezer down around your parts? If so, that's fantastic.

ha! I love the different lingos each country has, I had so much fun last year in the States with everyone asking what I was talking about, and me asking them as well....;)

Chilly Bins here are an insulated box with a lid that you can keep things cool in, with frozen blocks in it. They are transportable, what do you call them there? In Australia they call them Eskys I think.

We just say freezer here for a freezer.. :scratch: how boring,

*goes away to think of a kiwi name for freezer*

Les

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Protinus said:
I remember my condiments used to last for years when I was a bachelor. Why throw stuff out like that? Everything is purged at 2 month intervals now.:o
My theory is that those condiments are good until the crust is too thick to actually get anything out of the bottle....

I am so lazy:doh:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟444,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Tonks

No longer here
Site Supporter
Aug 15, 2005
Heading home...
✟49,042.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Politics
US-Libertarian
poppinskw said:
Chilly Bins here are an insulated box with a lid that you can keep things cool in, with frozen blocks in it. They are transportable, what do you call them there? In Australia they call them Eskys I think.

Pretty cut and dry - we call it a "cooler." lol. I'm sure there are other things people call it around here. So many different words for everything in the states.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.