Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Domi_Adsum_05 said:
I honestly thought the whole "eat your placenta" thing was a sick joke, but: http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_104.html
I'm tellling you..I actually know people who have eaten their placentas....all other mammals eat it...

/*Shannon needs to remember she is not on a homebirth site with other birth wackos

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
ShannonMcCatholic said:
I'm tellling you..I actually know people who have eaten their placentas....all other mammals eat it...

:::Off the OP but about this strange dietary addition:::Well, yeah, I know my female dog did but people are supposed to be beyond that (I mean the other day a pack of dogs beheaded a bunny on my lawn and chowed down on the carcass then and there, but I wouldn't expect that behavior from a human either.) I still can't help but think: "Ewww!!!":::Back to the OP:::

Upvote 0

GraceInHim

† Need a lifeguard? Mine walks on water †
Oct 25, 2005
MA
✟24,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Heineken beers from a party 2 years ago..lol..

my Mom came over and wanted a glass of wine a week ago and it was like vinegar.. been there for 2 years, once you open it and place the cork back on... hmmm good year.. told her to put it in her salad...lol

we do not drink in the house..

Upvote 0

3toraiseup

Kati
Apr 2, 2004
Arizona
✟1,886.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
On our first wedding anniversary, my MIL defrosted the cake that we saved in her big freezer. It was the most DISGUSTING cake I have ever eaten... moments later, MIL returns to the freezer to 'check' on another cake she had in there. Turns out we had eaten a Christening cake from her first grandchild's baptism (who was presently 16).

Upvote 0

Number 81

ಠ_ಠ
Mar 31, 2003
✟2,533.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
3toraiseup said:
On our first wedding anniversary, my MIL defrosted the cake that we saved in her big freezer. It was the most DISGUSTING cake I have ever eaten... moments later, MIL returns to the freezer to 'check' on another cake she had in there. Turns out we had eaten a Christening cake from her first grandchild's baptism (who was presently 16).

Rofl :D
I heard about saving the wedding cake on the first anniversary, but not a baptism cake.

Upvote 0

marciadietrich

Senior Veteran
Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
✟21,060.00
Faith
Catholic
Does placenta taste just like chicken?

Actually it looks like liver ... I like liver ... but, nahhhhhhh.

I have left one of those baking soda boxes in the fridge for too long, you don't want to rinse those down the drain at that point. peeeewwwwww!

I still have some dried up bottle nipples from when Jeff was a baby in the cupboard, he'll be 12 in July. You'd think I could bring myself to throw that sort of thing away.

Marcia

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ShannonMcCatholic said:

/*Shannon needs to remember she is not on a homebirth site with other birth wackos

Its ok, your placentas own this thread now. I thought that people would talk about all the old junk that they thought would never expire, yet has passed, but placentas appear more interesting.:D ;)

BTW, sorry that the placentas in your freezer are probably useless. In order to medically preserve placentas, they need to be mixed with glycerol. Water expands when it freezes, so frozen cells burst like balloons. Glycerol removes water from cells before freezing, so that they do not burst. It is most likely that your placentas are of no medical value and are just a big mess, if defrosted:sorry: Unless you knew about the glycerol ahead of time:blush: I am sorry

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟89,485.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Tonks said:
fridge: beer
pantry: bachelor food
bathroom: toothpaste, listerine.
:D

You remind me of the list that went around on email a few years ago written by Matt Groening. It was long and funny I can't do it justice but it is said basically that males have six items in their bathroom: shaving cream, toothbrush toothpaste, soap, shampoo and a razor. Females have 567 assorted items, most of which are unidentifiable by their male counterparts.

Michelle

Upvote 0

bostonlass

sweet caroline ;)
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟6,873.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I didnt' save my daughters' placentas but I do still have my soon to be 10 year old's belly button thingy that falls off when they're like a week old or something. It's in a ziploc bag taped to her baby picture album.

I had every intention of doing the same thing with my soon to be 9 year olds' belly button too but as soon as that sucker fell off I went to grab it and my puppy gobbled it up. :sick:

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
boughtwithaprice said:
Its ok, your placentas own this thread now. I thought that people would talk about all the old junk that they thought would never expire, yet has passed, but placentas appear more interesting.:D ;)

BTW, sorry that the placentas in your freezer are probably useless. In order to medically preserve placentas, they need to be mixed with glycerol. Water expands when it freezes, so frozen cells burst like balloons. Glycerol removes water from cells before freezing, so that they do not burst. It is most likely that your placentas are of no medical value and are just a big mess, if defrosted:sorry: Unless you knew about the glycerol ahead of time:blush: I am sorry
:hug: I'm sorry I hijacked your thread...

I only have them for sentimental value...and might even get to plant those trees/bushes this summer! Bluebery bush for Lucy, Peach trees for Jane and Bernadette...

Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟258,241.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
ShannonMcCatholic said:
:hug: I'm sorry I hijacked your thread...

I only have them for sentimental value...and might even get to plant those trees/bushes this summer! Bluebery bush for Lucy, Peach trees for Jane and Bernadette...

no need to be sorry:D

the thread was a useless filler, and yours was a good distraction.

Sentiment is to be treasured:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.