What is God's position on committing suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entertaining_Angels

Aug 12, 2004
east coast
✟23,975.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is only one unpardonable sin and that is rejecting what Jesus did for you.

That said, if you take your life, it is apparent (unless you are mentally ill and know not what you do) that you don't trust Jesus to work in your life. Could this be a part of the unpardonable sin? I think yes but I'm sure some would think no. We're on this earth such a short amount of time. I think it a tragedy that anybody would give up on an eternity with the Lord based on our short stay here.

God bless and (((Hugs)))

Upvote 0

FutileLife

Jan 13, 2006
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
I can't remember the last time I was ever happy. I'm not happy now, nor do I believe I will ever be happy. The emotional pain I have been suffering grows stronger every day. I no longer have the strength or resolve to face it. I have no one to talk to about my problems, and no one seems to care. I am alone, isolated, and perceive the entire world around me as evil. I've lost hope, and I have no faith, other than that which I place in the existence of God.

Upvote 0

Soon Rev 22:11-12

Feb 26, 2005
✟760.00
Faith
Christian
FutileLife said:
I can't remember the last time I was ever happy. I'm not happy now, nor do I believe I will ever be happy. The emotional pain I have been suffering grows stronger every day. I no longer have the strength or resolve to face it. I have no one to talk to about my problems, and no one seems to care. I am alone, isolated, and perceive the entire world around me as evil. I've lost hope, and I have no faith, other than that which I place in the existence of God.
As bad as it may sound, I recommend that you get away from this forum (but you can stay on this thread). You may be more suicidal after you read the arguing that goes on here by Jesus' "disciples." Find a real, warm, breathing Christian to talk to in person.

Upvote 0

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 8, 2005
Ohio
✟18,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
First off, welcome to the forums. There are plenty of people here including me who would love to talk to you. Just remember that if youve hit bottom, the only way to go is up. We all have low times in our life but they WILL get better. If you want somebody to talk about more privately, PM me and I will be glad to talk to you about it.

Upvote 0

QuantaCura

Rejoice always.
Aug 17, 2005
✟21,762.00
Faith
Catholic
You're on this earth for a reason. God is preparing you for something. If you had no more purpose, He would have taken your life already--but He hasn't, you're still here. Persevere through this rough spot and maybe one day you will be able to use this experience to help someone else do the same. In the mean time, unite your daily suffering to the Cross. You are in my prayers. :)

Upvote 0

Goltzy

Dec 26, 2005
Canada
✟494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Others
FutileLife said:

Brother, I know what you are going through. When I was a bit younger, I had these same feelings. I was very unhappy, and I felt no one really cared how I felt. The only thing that got me through was my faith in God. I knew that He loved me and that He wanted the best for me. I poured through scripture, read thre book of Job over and over again. I figured if God would do that to Job, and Job didnt quit, either would I. I wanted to most days, but my faith in Jesus Christ kept me from going through with it. I knew that if I killed myself, the body that Christ died for, His temple, He wouldnt be able to forgive me. I would have thrown away my salvation, thrown away my faith in God.
I finally came through it, and my life had gotten much better. Because I put so much faith in Jesus, He has rewarded me and blessed me more than I can ever explain. He let me go through that time for a purpose, just like He is doing with you. Suffering can work wonders for us sometimes, just as long as we keep our eye fixed on our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Hang in there, brother. You CAN do it. You say that no one cares that you fel this way, but your'e wrong: I care. I know it sounds corny and stuff, but I do. You are my brother in Christ, and that makes you family. We may not know each other that well, but I still care about you as part of my family under God.

Things will get better, brother, just put your faith where it needs to be...in Jesus.

God bless.

L.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

KritterCat

Nov 6, 2005
Kentucky
✟558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
eoe said:
Get some help now. Please get some real help now.

I second that.

I've had a lot of experience with those feelings of wanting to hurt herself; for me, it's generally been just to give myself a break, but I know God is going to have me use this experience to help others; He already has. God bless you and remember that you are one of God's children, and deserve to treat yourself as such! Please get help, be it from a crisis line, counseling center, emergency room.

May God keep you safe until you are able to get some help. :prayer:

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FutileLife, I don't know you, but I can tell you I love you. You are created in the image of the most wonderful God. You are unique and part of God's plan.

Please take the others advice and seek personal contact with someone, a pastor, a counselor, even just a friend.

As far as your question, by taking your own life, you've done two things.

1. You've destroyed God's Temple

2. You've committed murder, and you won't have the opportunity to repent of that sin.

God said HE appointed the time for all men, and we are not to second guess Him.

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FutileLife,

Nevermind, God Almighty did speak on this issue. God Almighty specifically declared, "Thou shalt not murder." Suicide is self-murder and therefore, it is sinful.

Anyway, why in the world would you want to show up early in Heaven's Throne Room? *shudder* I would think that you would be facing a very angry and disappointed God Almighty, and that you would have to do some explaining.

DIANE
:wave:

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FutileLife said:

I very strongly reccommend that you contact a psychologist in your area-they will be able to diagnose and help you with your emotional problems. At the very least you should go to your doctor, and see if he can't put you on medication for depression.

DIANE
:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
FutileLife said:
I'm new to this forum, and I come here with one question:

I want to take my own life. Will God ever forgive me for doing this?

Jesus does not want you to, you will "NEVER, EVER" for any reason whatsoever, lose your salvation. Once a child of God "ALWAYS" a child of God. Use 1 John 1:9, and the Lord will help you, stay postitive.

Romans 8:29-39, For those God foreknew He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brothers.
And those He predestined, He also called; those He called, He also justified; those He justified, He also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to this?
If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave Him up for us all--how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things?
Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is He that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Upvote 0

Deb7777

Oct 6, 2005
✟16,295.00
Faith
Catholic
FutileLife said:
Hi Brother, thanks for sharing. Hang in there, one day at a time. Talk to as many as people as possible. Talk to your doctor, many people suffer from a chemical imbalance, don't rule out the medical field. Some people benefit greatly talking to a psychologist, get all your feelings out, your not alone. Talk to someone in the ministry can be a great blessing. God wants you to live out your natural life with him, lean on him and try to focus your thoughts on the positive as much as possible. Life soon enough will be over on this earth, then its on to eternity but we need to persevere with the Lord, giving him the good times and the hard times but never alone, with the Lord by ourside, he who loves you more than anyone ever can or will. Love Jesus much, God bless, never stop sharing everything with Jesus and those who Jesus puts in your life. We'll be praying for you brother, one day at a time and you will soon enough hear the Lord call to you, Come! The Lord will call each of us when he is ready for us.

Upvote 0

linssue55

Senior Veteran
Jul 31, 2005
Tucson Az
✟11,739.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
FutileLife said:
I'm new to this forum, and I come here with one question:

I want to take my own life. Will God ever forgive me for doing this?
Please listen to this, it will help you in your hour of need. The Lord love's you abundantly. From my church.

http://www.rbthieme.org/asx/840_0193.asx

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.