AnticipateHisComing

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2013
✟103,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Looking at the demise of the modern family, I think the understanding of what a father is has largely been lost. This is unfortunate as scripture describes God the Father. If people of this age don't have a good understanding of what an earthly father is, how can we have a good understanding of our heavenly Father?

So if you may, can you list what an earthly father is, from OT times, NT times or even only a century ago.

My list.

1) Fathers beget life
2) Fathers' name is carried in the children
3) Fathers provide what is necessary for life
4) Fathers dominate/guide the household
5) Fathers rule/judge/punish/bless/reward the household
6) Fathers are greater/wiser than the children
7) Fathers are perfect, well at least in the eyes of children
8) Fathers forgive their children
9) Fathers love their children

Oh how I am saddened for those that do not have an earthly father involved in raising them. But, all should be encouraged knowing that our heavenly Father will never abandon his children.

If you want, you may also comment on how the quality of an earthly father translates to an aspect of our heavenly Father. Many are obvious, but reminders are good to have as I remember becoming unemployed and learning the meaning of:

God the Father provides, what is needed;
not all I want and not by my own merit or effort.

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A good human father is obedient to Jesus Christ and expects the same from his family—and takes responsibility for their education to that end. He is also humble and a student of the Lord in perpetuity.

A good human father sacrifices anything and everything for the eternal good of his family. He understands that his faithfulness to his wife is second only in importance to his faithfulness to God. He is raising his children for God, but his wife is a part of himself.

Upvote 0