What exactly is the Word of Faith movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asaph

Jun 9, 2004
Deep South
✟5,795.00
Faith
Christian
rainbowprism said:
The arguing/disrespect on the spirit-filled forum is really getting out of control. No wonder others look at us like a bunch of loonies, we can't even stand to be around each other.... :idea:
You are absolutely correct and for my part I apologize.

Grace and Peace,
Asaph

Upvote 0

PetraFan007

I try as hard as I can.
Nov 9, 2003
Central MA
Visit site
✟21,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
the part that trips me up is: HOW MUCH do I have to believe to push beyond the threshold of disbelief so that God's word can manifest in my life? For the past 2 years, I've been VEHEMENTLY against WOF preachers, but they do speak at least some truths. I just simply don't believe that it (wof) works for everything. It cannot change God's will. Also, God CAN and WILL heal some people whether they have enough "faith" or not. I've seen it. But I'm sure he wants us to strengthen our faith too.

Upvote 0

rhemarob

May 8, 2004
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟731.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
PetraFan007 said:
the part that trips me up is: HOW MUCH do I have to believe to push beyond the threshold of disbelief so that God's word can manifest in my life? For the past 2 years, I've been VEHEMENTLY against WOF preachers, but they do speak at least some truths.

I just simply don't believe that it (wof) works for everything. It cannot change God's will.

Also, God CAN and WILL heal some people whether they have enough "faith" or not. I've seen it. But I'm sure he wants us to strengthen our faith too.
If you don't know I am WOF all the way, as a matter of fact our (Rhema) monthly magazine is called " The Word of Faith"

I don't think WOF works for everything either, it only works when the will of God is known and it certainly cannot change or go against God's will, nothing can so you are correct in saying this.

We know from The Word that God's will is for us to be healed, healthy and our needs to be met.
(some will argue against that statement but I don't see how they justify it)

I'm also not for ALL WOF preachers myself, I believe in my heart that WOF is a blessing to the world but I cannot agree with ALL preachers that call themselves WOF, some go off track, some go overboard, some are just plain dishonest, etc. just as many other denominational preachers make mistakes, some in our camp do as well.

I've also seen people with no faith or little faith get healed and I thank God for it, I for one don't think that healing only belongs to the WOF camp, as a matter of fact healing is for unbelievers more so than the church according to the Bible.

Some think that WOF people believe they can simply make a few simple confessions and things magically manifest or disappear whatever the case may be but mature WOF people undestand that it takes a deep seated belief in your heart mixed with faith, righteousness and love.

I am WOF and I will never apologize for believing that God loves me, wants me to have health, wants my needs to be met and yes (GULP!) is even concerned with a few of my wants that make me happy in life while I serve Him on this earth.

Upvote 0

Johnny Be Good

If you have not love...
Jun 17, 2004
Waynesville, Missouri
Visit site
✟1,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've also seen people with no faith or little faith get healed and I thank God for it, I for one don't think that healing only belongs to the WOF camp, as a matter of fact healing is for unbelievers more so than the church according to the Bible.
Yes. God says we must have faith like a child. Brand new believers (everyone is given a measure of faith) don't know enough NOT to believe! Hey--that's the truth. There's something for all of us to really think and pray about. With all of the knowledge of the Word that we have, and with our own deep, personal relationships with our Father, how can we get ourselves to seemingly regress to a state of child-like faith to receive what the Word clearly says is ours, yet doesn't/hasn't worked for us yet?

You know, in all of this mess we have going on here, I'd like to say 3. things...and make a comment...and apologize.

1. Love is the greatest.
2. Pride comes before a fall.
3. Let's all not think too highly of ourselves lest we fall.

It's true, that if we obey God's Word to the extent, degree and in the exact manner in which He intended it to be obeyed, He must--and will--fulfill/grant what the Word says will be granted.

However,

Let's take a side view at things for a moment. Remember Leah and Rachael? We cannot have our Rachael (final experience of walking in healing) without our Leah (the learning or exercise our faith in the manner God intends). There are many ups and downs for us while we're in our Leah. We're in our Leah for a long time. If we outright give up and quit before the time has elapsed with Leah, we'll never get our Rachael.

Where are you right now?

I'd like to apologize for my forward zeal. I put it before Love of my brother. My faith train ran him down and I'm sorry.

Upvote 0

rainbowprism

Elevate My Soul
May 4, 2004
Ohio
✟1,869.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
This is how I think about it..... I don't believe that God only moves in my church, I believe He is alive and well in others, even in ones I might not nessacarily want to be involved with. God can use the oddest, strangest, and seemingly least qualified people to do His work, and somehow its all a part of His big plan, a plan that we wouldn't get at all even if He sat us down and divulged it all. Now, while my church doesn't follow a model that has a singular person speaking from the pulpit to an individual and going "You are now healed. Bam!", I still believe that God is active in non-Vineyard churches that follow models different than ones I am used to. God is bigger than each of our churches or denominations. Shalom to all, have a blessed week.

Upvote 0
Thank you Father Rick, Didaskalos, Johnny Be Good, and RhemaRob. I have benefited from your explanations on numerous topics but this one so far is the best. You all have the ability to "break it down" on so many levels and your enthusiasm and empathy for your fellow man shines through. Keep on doing what you are doing here. :clap: I have been wondering about the manifestation of healing myself in my life and your words have spoken to me and set me right on track. God Bless All of you!! :bow:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.